Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Exceptionally well mixed/mastered albums?

Featured Replies

So I recently picked up some high-end audio gear, and one thing that really surprised me is how much it reveals which recordings were truly well mixed and mastered, and how unforgiving it can be toward those that aren't.

Fellow audiophiles, drop some examples of albums or songs that are exceptionally well mixed and mastered.

Here are a few records that gave me an eargasm:

0b029d588d9b4b487bd0e33f569d481f.1000x10

b23836ea0358eb2e98c3afb5eeafc8ba.1000x10

ac367f1348ffb25c8519e823db8878a8.1000x10

019086d6d4b98c460e3c4d0e9aa66f8d.1000x10

8c957213df1edbadc11ed140e2b86328.1000x10

cf3fe0430878531d0f5ada454304c86e.1000x10

b4fe0c359cedb43d46a46148ffa652ef.1000x10

  • Replies 42
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Lady Gaga's Harlequin sounds so smooth and clean.

In terms of specific tracks:

Natasha Bedingfield - Put Your Arms Around Me

BBMAK - Back Here

Music by Madonna. It was released in 2000 but still clears many modern albums

30 minutes ago, Stankonia said:

So I recently picked up some high-end audio gear,

Can I ask what kind of gear? I've been wanting to step it up for some time, especially speakers for a turntable

Hounds of love….reading some of these answers up there got me confused

28 minutes ago, Mr. Peanutbutter said:

Music by Madonna. It was released in 2000 but still clears many modern albums

I just listened for the first time in a while a few weeks ago and was really impressed!

Also, Through The Wall is a great example from last year. It gives me shivers after countless replays. And the vinyl!

  • Author
1 hour ago, Enzo said:

What's Your Pleasure?

Yup

1 hour ago, Kern said:

Through the wall

Those are excellent too. jamming

18 minutes ago, zuper said:

Midnights by Taylor Swift.

Girl. No.

Production is THE worst part of Taylors music, in my opinion since ~2021

I MEAN - and I can't stress this enough - even in losless quality does The Life Of A Showgirl sound like a low- to mid-quality recording. It became VERY obvious during the Midnights era. Many of her songs really started sounding cheap.

Most of the time I think the song itself is good but the recording/production/mixing sound cheap af.

Edited by Schami66

RAM was engineered/mixed by Mick Guzauski who also did an incredible job with mixing Butterfly by Mimi (and her #1s compilation)

  • Author
1 hour ago, Spicy Pisces said:

Can I ask what kind of gear? I've been wanting to step it up for some time, especially speakers for a turntable

I got new headphones (the Focal Clear MG) along with the ifi Zen Dac V2 and the ifi Zen CAN V2 (amplifier). It's been really fun rediscovering my favorite music with this setup. jamming

Also idk if you agree but I'd include Val Young's Seduction. It's an 80s album so it's not perfect, but it sounds so sleek and expensive.

I think Rick James did it?

  • Author
2 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

RAM was engineered/mixed by Mick Guzauski who also did an incredible job with mixing Butterfly by Mimi (and her #1s compilation)

Ooh I didn't know that! Lemme give Butterfly a listen because RAM sounds absolutely GODLY on my new setup.

M. Guzauski stepping out of the studio after mixing RAM

GVEA0a4XIAE3XpE.jpg

12 minutes ago, Schami66 said:

Girl. No.

Production is THE worst part of Taylors music, in my opinion since ~2021

I MEAN - and I can't stress this enough - even in losless quality does The Life Of A Showgirl sound like a low- to mid-quality recording. It became VERY obvious during the Midnights era. Many of her songs really started sounding cheap.

Most of the time I think the song itself is good but the recording/production/mixing sound cheap af.

Girl please seek help.

Jack won Producer of the Year because of Midnights. The production of TLOAS is chef's kiss and I won't start with Speak Now TV or Fearless TV.

Ayumi Hamasaki's "A Best" 15th anniversary edition has such an exceptional polished, crystal clear sound that blows my mind away.

As for not remastered albums, American Life comes to mind.

LZ7M3By.jpeg

5Yf8Jaf.jpeg

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.