Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

This Bey song deserved better

Featured Replies

 

 

:jonny6:  

What a magnificent song (and video).  I don't understand what happened...  I didn't expect it to be a hit or anything, but it deserved to win Oscar or at least be nominated and have an amazing performance. The song is beautiful.  I never watched the Lion King live action, because TLK is my fav animated movie and I hated how they made the animals look so I am not sure how well the song fits in the film, but considering how beautiful it sounds  I'm sure it fit well, it' s a fantastic song and what makes me mad is how many bad songs get Oscar noms (and even win sometimes)...  I kinda believe the conspiracies that disney was mad that Bey didn't promote the movie and was avoiding red carpets etc. and they didn't push the song at the Oscars, because like I said literally anything gets nominated for best song, so why would a BEYONCE song from one of the biggest franchises - a song that is worthy, get snubbed? So weird. 

 

Let's praise it in this thread and give it its deserved flowers :flower:

Edited by Mariano

  • Replies 25
  • Views 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Not a fan. Thought this would be about Brown Skin Girl. That one deserves the world. 

  • Author
27 minutes ago, JoAddams said:

I'm agree because it's better than Be Alive :suburban:

Yeah by far. 

If you remove the non B songs from the deluxe version it makes a pretty top tier Beyoncé album. I wonder how it would've done without TLK tie in. 

Meh.

 

the best song from that project is this serve :gaycat2:

makes me wanna go to Ghana 

 

  • Author
26 minutes ago, Supernatural94 said:

Meh.

 

the best song from that project is this serve :gaycat2:

makes me wanna go to Ghana 

 

Yeah this is a banger, but the point of this topic was not really a "should've been a single" kinda thing, but moreso a different type of injustice. 

https://youtu.be/hQWIN2RQ_q8?si=k52AcNCPzSVsqtRN

 

She's erased it from the career montage, which is sad 😔  some of her best work! 

Bottom of the barrel Beyoncé song from the last 10 years alongside Be Alive and II Most Wanted.

it's cute but it sounds like a typical soundtrack ballad that's been done before

Eh there were better songs on the soundtrack.

 

As a whole, The Gift did deserve to not bomb but I think that time was the absolute peak of her invulnerability and Queen B / larger than life persona and that did not help that particular project resonate. I think it would have done a bit better as a follow-up to Break My Soul / Cuff It, notwithstanding that the terrible, unwanted movie would still sink the soundtrack anyway 

  • Author
50 minutes ago, Theshigo Washidu said:

Nah, there are better songs on The Gift worthy.

Well this was the big movie song tho, expecting the other songs from the album to do anything is a bit unrealistic. But yes the gift has other gems too! 

Bigger, Otherside, BSG, Find Your Way Back, and Already eat Spirit up, but it at least gave us this vocal moment 

 

 

:heart2:

the entire The Gift album is criminally underrated. Still think its in the top 3 of her discography 

  • Author
2 hours ago, Havoc said:

One of her last music videos. :deadbanana2:

Wait :rip: 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.