Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

MARINA - "BUTTERFLY"

Featured Replies

Well... due to unforeseen circumstances, my flight was canceled.

K-Pop Thread: The Year 2024 - Page 64 - Base - ATRL

 

  • Replies 784
  • Views 26.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • She keeps reheating these self-empowerment nachos and putting out completely worthless material. Why does she keep trying to act like she has ops against her when she's a flop?? Singing about people n

  • smartalek22
    smartalek22

    this is a threat

  • She needs to retire already, sorry 

The chorus is kinda stuck and quite catchy if you think about it.

I like it, the intro is very Electra Heart

This is cute! Idk why everyone is hating on it. Sure it's not one of her best songs but let's be real, it's better than most of L+F and half of Ancient Dreams.

This is beyond terrible I'm sorry, she is so creatively devoid. I thought a longer break would fill her with fresh inspiration, but there is absolutely nothing

its giving me family jewel chorus and l+f verses/ bridge.

 

so infectious 

2 hours ago, RideOrDie said:

ancient dreams sweetie i'm so sorry... 

girl...

I don't dislike it as much as the snippet tbh, but the rhythm of the chorus really doesn't flow with the rest imo. The lyrics are also kinda boring.
The best part of the song is definitely the outro for me. I only listened to it once tho, so it might be a grower. 

I liked it. Though I do have a soft spot for L+F. Definitely on a Froot/Ancient Dreams level though

nervous to hear this tomorrow, the pitched chorus is making me ....

 

re-listening to her albums and idk why people want a repeat of EH, it's kinda dated on a lot of the tracks

 

familiar froot forever

I was expecting nothing from this and yet I'm still disappointed. At this point I'm 100% sure Marina can't come up with anything new. It's crazy how she managed to make her first three albums so distinct from each other but these last two are the same same-y. She doesn't even play with her vocals, it's always the same delivery. Are they gorgeous? Yeah, she has a beautiful voice, but it gets boring when she uses it the same way over and over again.

 

At least she tried something different with the chorus, I'll give her that. But other than that this is not giving.

3 hours ago, BlahBlahBlah said:

Idk how I feel about this... like it isn't bad but it doesn't feel like single material. I also never thought I would say this about a song ever in the TikTok Ringtone era of track lengths nowadays but it should've been shorter. 

Same! I love it but a shorter version could do better!

Love the song! I can't remember the last time i liked a Marina song that much... Maybe since FROOT or I'M RUIN tbh

This is amazing

 

Then again, I also loved Ancient Dreams & Love + Fear. 

 

Edited by beautiful player

4 hours ago, Cupid said:

anyone would have thought this song was Womans World the way y'all trolls go on 

WW demolishes this silly weak song

 

im -

 

RPs3cka.gif

Edited by CBC

Are yall talking about Katy's abomination or MAN'S World...

Man's World was good idk, the verses are corny (but in classic campy Marina way), but overall the melody is sweet and the post chorus is a classic Marina moment, absolutely gorgeous :clap3:

Whoever said this sounded like Kill vs Maim is basically telling us they're deaf then :gaycat7: 

 

This really isn't it, and just lacks energy in the verses and that chorus is *dire*. If she'd have just kept a non-pitched vocal in the lead then it would have been bearable, but this isn't it. 

18 minutes ago, CBC said:

WW demolishes this silly weak song

 

RPs3cka.gif

7 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Are yall talking about Katy's abomination or MAN'S World...

Man's World was good idk, the verses are corny (but in classic campy Marina way), but overall the melody is sweet and the post chorus is a classic Marina moment, absolutely gorgeous :clap3:

jfc i totally misread that, no marina comes close to the abomination that song is :biblio:

man's world, venus fly trap, ancient dreams all eat this up. that album was definitely an improvement, yes it was lyrically clunky in places but it was a nice direction for her. 

 

this is just a corny regression, nothing from the vocals to the lyrics to the production are serving anything fresh. it is very marina core with a slight melanie fartinez twist to it and a strange attempt to be a cute tiktokable song.

i haven't heard the song yet but i feel like marina fans are always unusually hard on her. if i were her id truly hate you guys

this sounds like if caroline polachek was craving melanie martinez nachos

spacer.png

i really enjoyed this. it's not a huge departure from her previous works.

I haven't even heard it cause it's not out for me yet, but the way some of you talk about it and her is like she kills babies.

 

And yet you will Stan literally anything 🤷

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.