Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Are you anti "fun-pop"?

Featured Replies

some dudes in here look constipated. and they hate fun, pop music.

 

what the hell did Heidi Montag do other than feeding internet culture and being adopted by the homosexuals?

 

Fashion by Addison Rae coming soon x

  • Replies 33
  • Views 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • ChooseyLover
    ChooseyLover

    The singer-songwriter stans brigade needs to be dealt with. We're running out of exciting pop stars, award shows rates are plummeting and the whole Pop industry is shifting towards Taylor Swift clones

  • Lady Claire
    Lady Claire

    I'm actually PRO fun pop and i want more girls for the gays. I love Heidi, Kim Petras, Paris, Slayyyter, Addison and so on. I listen to them everyday, life is already too complicated and i just want t

  • Princess Aurora
    Princess Aurora

    No. Pop Music is fun

It has to have class to it

 

People use "fun pop" as an excuse to everything that flops critically and commercially

Edited by Illuminati

if fun pop = Ava Max, Kim Petras and the rest of the Khia brigade then yes

Edited by popmusicisdead

I have been known to dabble in some fun-pop from time to time. Especially back in the 80s when it was thriving. People would call me funny face on the street for that reason I believe. I even got escorted out of a Hooters in '95 for playing Pet Shop Boys on the jukebox. 

No, I'm streaming Heidi rn

 

Check the spreadsheet (last.fm)

The singer-songwriter stans brigade needs to be dealt with. We're running out of exciting pop stars, award shows rates are plummeting and the whole Pop industry is shifting towards Taylor Swift clones that can't perform, sing or dance for ****. We truly live in bleak times and I'd gladly take Heidi Montag or Paris Hilton over Gracie Abrams and any other artist similar to her.

I've reached a point where I basically only like pop music from certain artists, half of whom are legacy acts that debuted long before I was born. 
 

Lately I have preferred country-folk, indie pop, and film scores. 
 

Even with Taylor, the pop music is generally my least favorite part of her catalog. Like, an album does not need to have more than 2 good upbeat pops. 
 

So I guess yeah, I'm kinda anti-funpop unless it's coming from certain people. :michael:

Edited by Achilles.

I'm actually PRO fun pop and i want more girls for the gays. I love Heidi, Kim Petras, Paris, Slayyyter, Addison and so on. I listen to them everyday, life is already too complicated and i just want to hear camp pop music for escapism.

 

NOT interested on faux pretentious alternative albums with boring, sleepy music. I'm a british cigarrette with an capital F  :sorry:

  • Author
55 minutes ago, Achilles. said:

I've reached a point where I basically only like pop music from certain artists, half of whom are legacy acts that debuted long before I was born. 
 

Lately I have preferred country-folk, indie pop, and film scores. 
 

Even with Taylor, the pop music is generally my least favorite part of her catalog. Like, an album does not need to have more than 2 good upbeat pops. 
 

So I guess yeah, I'm kinda anti-funpop unless it's coming from certain people. :michael:

this is called aging.

  • Author
52 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

I'm actually PRO fun pop and i want more girls for the gays. I love Heidi, Kim Petras, Paris, Slayyyter, Addison and so on. I listen to them everyday, life is already too complicated and i just want to hear camp pop music for escapism.

 

NOT interested on faux pretentious alternative albums with boring, sleepy music. I'm a british cigarrette with an capital F  :sorry:

is this about the faceless nepo baby

Well, after a certain age (25), pop music just doesn't hit it anymore. 

Only when it sucks (Me! for example). Unfortunately, it's very easy for an artist to try to be fun and to just be corny, cringey, and off-putting instead of actually fun, even when that artist can at times actually do fun songs just fine. 

I'm very much in favour of fun pop music (e.g. Slayyyter, Heidi, Addison, even Kim pre-Sl*t Pop), I just hate it when people somehow equate awful music (e.g. ME!) with "fun music".

Heidi having a lil renaissance wasn't on my 2025 bingo card. 
 

fun pop is cool if the songs are actually good and not just catchy hooks or choruses. It's why Katy can't make fun pop anymore cuz she kinda misses the point. The songs have to be good

1 hour ago, Badgalbriel said:

Well, after a certain age (25), pop music just doesn't hit it anymore. 

Unless it's taylor. She still serves fun bops like you need to calm down 

Some, yes. I greatly dislike the song Paris - Taylor, for example. I would describe that as fun pop.

But I love the song Joyride - Kesha, which I would also describe as fun pop.

Mantra - Jennie is another I would describe as fun pop that I love.

Sour Candy - Gaga I would say is a song that is fun pop that I dislike.

So it depends.

Edited by Gladiator

I don't mind "fun pop" but there's certainly a way of doing it correctly with an artistic vision. 

 

I do hate, however, when people defending trash music say you hate "fun." Sometimes a song is just bad and that's ok :cm:

1 hour ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Unless it's taylor. She still serves fun bops like you need to calm down 

no

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.