Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Beyonce not being relatable is not a bad thing

Featured Replies

Even when Beyonce would talk and do interviews people would still hate on her. People act like if Beyonce  go on IG Live the reception on her would change. It will never change because the general public like basic people and Beyonce doesn't give off basic vibes. She is not only attractive but she is an amazing vocalist and is one of the greatest performers ever. Most people just can't relate to that. 

  • Replies 35
  • Views 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I've ALWAYS preferred my artists unrelatable/untouchable. All I want to do is receive music from them because at the end of the day that's what they are MUSICIANS. I do not give aafffff about their pe

  • #ThankYouJayZ

  • PrettyHurts
    PrettyHurts

    the only people who pretend it matters are obhs that need to come up with something to drag her for. there's noting wrong with being private and not wanting to be """relatable"""

Tea. What's most important is having a fully realized creative vision, which B has plenty. It's not about being "relatable" for artists like her.

We need untouchable divas like her! 

 

Plus, she's relatable to a lot of POCs. So saying she's above everyone is kinda ignorant. 

Edited by Blade Runner

  • Author
5 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

We need untouchable divas like her! 

 

Plus, she's relatable to a lot of POCs. So saying she's above everyone is kinda ignorant. 

Yeah but in our minority community a lot of people don't see themselves as being worthy or good enough tbh so some of them feel a way about Bey.

culture has shifted. the public has seen through artists trying to look authentic or relatable and we want them to be unreachable again. Beyonce Gaga Taylor etc are almost completely offline and Dua is heading that way. even super young ones like Tate just post cute little videos dancing or using audio trends, they're not actually divulging anything.

I've ALWAYS preferred my artists unrelatable/untouchable. All I want to do is receive music from them because at the end of the day that's what they are MUSICIANS. I do not give aafffff about their personal lives, LMAOOO! Trying to sell relatability I feel is just so played out and it's one of the reasons why I LOOVVEEE Beyoncé and why she's my fave.

 

I feel if you're going to be a Popstar and want to be one of if not THE biggest artist on the planet, your goal is to be this larger than life figure because well your life is NOT normal compared to the rest of us. And I feel it's inspiring seeing people live out a life we dream of, because then it inspires us to work harder and do the same.

 

I feel if you have to rely on your fave to be "relatable/authentic" in order for you just to be into their music and stan them. Then either their music isn't good enough to sell as it's own entity, or you have a very limited perspective on musicians/artists. :deadbanana2:

The thing is most fandoms can't understand that what make their facsinteresting doesn't have to happen for other artists, in fact the industry needs for it to not happen like that cause that's whay brings in variety to it and for more people to be able to get into artists

People expecting Beyonce to be relatable don't understand what makes Beyonce Beyonce

 

People expecting Taylor to be this performing crazy diva don't understand what makes Taylor Taylor

 

People expecting Adele to make dance music don't understand what makes Adele Adele

 

and so on...

 

 

I think it's weird that people need to 'relate' to every artist they listen to, esp their faves. Like if the music is good and your career is both interesting and entertaining enough to follow, that's enough for me

  • ATRL Moderator

bey comes from an era where being a star was the ultimate goal and media training. most black artists that were 'relatable' during her early career got blackballed so… :spin: musically, she is very relatable.

the only people who pretend it matters are obhs that need to come up with something to drag her for. there's noting wrong with being private and not wanting to be """relatable"""

It's not just her being un-relatable that turns people off.  I'd say it's more so the way her fans and the media both exaggerate everything she does and every album she releases as some groundbreaking artistic revolution that gets automatically praised and showered with awards to the extent that it seems bizarre.  
 

This idea that she's this amazing artist who we're all supposed to be enamored by has been force fed to the public and makes it harder to truly like her.  
 

That's just my take. 

  • Author
24 minutes ago, James_Joint said:

It's not just her being un-relatable that turns people off.  I'd say it's more so the way her fans and the media both exaggerate everything she does and every album she releases as some groundbreaking artistic revolution that gets automatically praised and showered with awards to the extent that it seems bizarre.  
 

This idea that she's this amazing artist who we're all supposed to be enamored by has been force fed to the public and makes it harder to truly like her.  
 

That's just my take. 

The same thing can be said about Taylor swift though. The media didn't always treat beyonce that way though. Beyonce didn't start becoming a media darling until self titled.

  • Author
6 minutes ago, Onyxmage said:

When stanning goes too far. Log off sis. 

You are triggered

39 minutes ago, Devin said:

bey comes from an era where being a star was the ultimate goal and media training. most black artists that were 'relatable' during her early career got blackballed so… :spin: musically, she is very relatable.

Yes.  Which is why I don't necessarily fault her for being untouchable.  Because ultimately, it helped her sustain for a longer time (ie, avoiding backlash/blackballed, controversy, etc). 


But I do think it hurt her in other areas like…brand partnerships, with other ventures outside of music.

 

I think she's finally finding her footing there (Cecred, etc)…but we'd be lying if we said she didn't struggle in that arena.  Whereas a Rihanna kinda easily navigated that part of her career.  Relatability served her well there.

 

I'm assuming this is a spin off from the other thread lol.  

Edited by professor2000

  • ATRL Moderator
4 minutes ago, professor2000 said:

Yes.  Which is why I didn't necessarily fault her for doing it.  Because ultimately, it helped her sustain for a longer time (ie, avoiding backlash/blackballed, controversy, etc). 


But I do think it hurt her in other areas like…brand partnerships, with other ventures outside of music.

 

I think she's finally finding her footing there (Cecred, etc)…but we'd be lying if we said she didn't struggle in that arena.  Whereas a Rihanna kinda easily navigated that part of her career.  Relatability served her well there.

 

I'm assuming this is a spin off from the other thread lol.  

yea its all abt keeping a good balance. sucks bc black artists have to be extra cautious.

32 minutes ago, futuresuperstar2023 said:

You are triggered

Absolutely not. I have no issues with Beyonce but if some people dont find her relatable thats okay.

100% agree. I actually think it's more authentic for her to be real with her audience and not put on a facade for relatability points. Her mystique is her superpower in the age of unlimited access. 

Except it is because it's leading to corny trends like "Thank you Beyonce" being created

  • Author
3 minutes ago, burninredhot said:

Except it is because it's leading to corny trends like "Thank you Beyonce" being created

People hate the praise that she gets because they never seen a black women in the pop industry be as respected by peers and critics while not really making pure pop music. Beyonce would get even more hate if she was to go on IG lives and try to be relatable. 

1 hour ago, Devin said:

bey comes from an era where being a star was the ultimate goal and media training. most black artists that were 'relatable' during her early career got blackballed so… :spin: musically, she is very relatable.

#ThankYouJayZ :spin:

how cant you relate to bow down (as example)

i mean something i do tell them messy people "bow down beaches" :giraffe: is empowering 

not every relatable song has to be about love or something like that

  • ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, l3disko said:

#ThankYouJayZ :spin:

no correlation to what i just said. :rip:

get ur goofy looking ass outta here.

I've always hated the relatability trend and if what people are saying in this thread is true, I'm glad it's dying. 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.