Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

LISA - 'ALTER EGO'

Featured Replies

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Views 39.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • TRACKLIST:   1. Born Again ft. Doja Cat & Raye  2. Rockstar 3. Elastigirl 4. Thunder 5. New Woman ft. Rosalía 6. FXCK UP THE WORLD ft. Future 7. Rapunzel ft. Megan Thee Stall

  • MonsterNavy
    MonsterNavy

    erm 8 years of literal nothing and you're complaning? this is the pinks' first try and they only had 1 year to prepare for their debut albums. rosé wrote her entire album, jisoo was shooting dramas an

  • you saw the album concept and thought this was gonna be some completely cohesive project? it was always going to be a collection of songs and there's nothing wrong with that. if it's not for you, then

1 hour ago, Daft Dweeb said:

can anyone help id'ing the song she sampled for dream's chorus cause it sounds so familiar :psyduck: 

it's at the tip of my tongue i just couldnt remember the song title and lyrics :deadbanana4:  :dies:

okay maybe i was reaching about the dream chorus being a sample cause melodically it's kiiiinda similar to im a mess by bebe rexha but why would she sample that ijbol  :deadbanana4: 

im pretty sure there's another song out there that it sounds like. im dying to know which one it is 

  • Author

maybe if it was 2016 that would be kinda nice but its so whack 

  • ATRL Moderator

I said this in the kpop thread but these are the first solo projects of the BP girls outside of YG (where they had zero creative freedom) so they're still finding out who they are as artists, dipping their toes into everything, etc., so I'm giving them grace with these debuts. If anything, be more critical of their sophomore projects.

The MV is...... a choice. I hate the animated effects, I get what she was going for but it is not to my taste. 

 

She does look sickening in the final look though :jonny5:

:psyduck:This album is a hot mess, it goes nowhere. It's like they just threw a bunch of random songs together and called it a day.

I love Lisa but what a disappointment 

Lifestyle

Chill

Dream

Born Again

Rockstar

FXCK UP THE WORLD

Moonlit Floor

 

I don't see the rest of the tracks growing on me - Rapunzel might. Some are actually very hard on my ears.

FXCK UP THE WORLD reminds me of Doja's Demons, which is one of my favorites.

 

Edited by Gladiator

Atrl hates this? It might smash then…

rapunzel is the only song I've heard and I like it 

as a former Captain K-Pop hater… I like this. 

 

Im just mad I got tricked into pre-ordering the BS version on iTunes. I want my refund so I can purchase the correct version. 

I hit my pen and became enlightened to embrace this album and really feel it out. Here are my thoughts from the clouds: 

1) Rockstar -- A good intro for her, a simple bop. 7.5 / 10

2) Elastigirl -- Had me convulsing. I was shaking every inch of my body embracing a Shakira on steroids level of bodymovement to embrace the song and I enjoyed it, heavily. 8.96 / 10

3) Thunder -- Tried to have a moment. It was a cute girl for what it was. 6.859 / 10

4) New Woman -- This collab gave everything that it needed and more. Rosalia devoured her verse. Acceleraaa mi aura. 9/10

5) FUTW (Solo) -- In her rap bag. This darker side of her really hits different. I love this side of her as opposed to her good girl poppy side. 8.4 / 10

5) FUTW FT. Future -- Future added nothing to collab. The way he chose to ride the beat felt out of place and like it didn't belong. 6.38 / 10

6) Rapunzel (Solo) -- The lyrics feel try-hard given the playfulness of the song. They don't match.  6.78 / 10

6) Rapunzel FT. Megan T. S. -- Better than the Future collab, but obvious verses were submitted last minute and they just got added to the album in the past few weeks. 6.5 / 10

7) Moonlit Floor -- I know this song is very hit or miss for people, but honestly its such a nice little earworm to just sway and vibe too. Its harmless. 7.9 / 10.

8) When I'm With You -- Song doesn't sound like part of the album. The R&B / Afrobeat influences kind of take it somewhere else. Sounds more like a Tyla ft. Lisa. 6.782 / 10

9) BADGRRRL -- FUTW'S Little sister. Makes me think there were 2 directions for the album and ended up just combining both. She was experimenting directions it seems. 7/3 / 10.

10) Lifestyle -- The intro rhythm is heavenly. The way the rhythm glides atop your ears and then starts to blast is a nice burst of energy and really hypes you up. 8.38 / 10

11) Chill -- I could've sworn it was about to break out into I LOVEE IT WHEN YOU CALL ME SENIORITAAA. Sounds kind of like it belongs on Future Nostalgia. Very nice. 7.9 / 10

12) Dream -- A nice moment to give herself a rest from choreography. A little beauty pageant song turned beautiful heartbroken letter. 

 

28 minutes ago, LSD said:

:psyduck:This album is a hot mess, it goes nowhere. It's like they just threw a bunch of random songs together and called it a day.

I love Lisa but what a disappointment 

I mean that's the whole point of the alter-egos theme. Different types of songs all on one album as a way to justify the different directions she wanted to try lol. This album was def experimental for her to play around with sound to see what she sticks to moving forward. Again, its their first complete independent experience so its justified. 

you saw the album concept and thought this was gonna be some completely cohesive project? it was always going to be a collection of songs and there's nothing wrong with that. if it's not for you, then it's not for you but to say it's horrible cause nothing grabbed you instantly is crazy. 

 

and i'm really gonna need the whole convo about the bad girl persona to end. it's been discussed to death and explained by lisa multiple times. also, you don't know her personally so you can't say what does or doesn't fit her personality. that's just a fact. 

3 minutes ago, Saint said:

you saw the album concept and thought this was gonna be some completely cohesive project? it was always going to be a collection of songs and there's nothing wrong with that. if it's not for you, then it's not for you but to say it's horrible cause nothing grabbed you instantly is crazy. 

 

and i'm really gonna need the whole convo about the bad girl persona to end. it's been discussed to death and explained by lisa multiple times. also, you don't know her personally so you can't say what does or doesn't fit her personality. that's just a fact. 

Drag them into the dungeons queen. 

The FUTW mv gets good after the Playstation ad :deadbanana4: But I feel like Lifestyle would've been the better choice for a title track

Honestly I feel ...not great about this album. I feel like the artistry isn't there or rather I personally can't identify who she is as an artist. But that's what a first album is for, discovering it. I wonder what music she listens to in her downtime, does she listen to music like this herself?

Edited by RoseGold

3 minutes ago, Ruby said:

The FUTW mv gets good after the Playstation ad :deadbanana4: But I feel like Lifestyle would've been the better choice for a title track

Awkward product placement aside, the wig choices especially the red one were also a mess, but agreed. 

Edited by Jaye

it's giving Pitchfork 5.0 if they bother to review it at all. elastigirl is a nasty bop tho. (Vixi Solo Version) is such an ugly confusing tag on the FUTW music video. i kinda dig all the lalalalas as her trademark esp on badgrrrrl lol

  • Author

idk who had the idea to put born again as the opener but theyre an opp cause it sets the vibes so off

Rapunzel needed to keep her second while including Megan's verse as the bridge to make the song fuller. 

 

Also Born Again should've been just featured Raye. Doja would've been better placed as a feature on Bad Girl hands down. 

 

Also Future was not needed at all as the solo version is much superior 

Just now, kyliefever2002 said:

idk who had the idea to put born again as the opener but theyre an opp cause it sets the vibes so off

Her team rushing to finalize the album prior to release. You could tell this plus the MTS & Future collabs were all last minute additions lol. 

i'm so proud of lisa! this album is a lot better than i expected! it is all over the place sonically but that's why i enjoy it. 

 

i said this on twitter but not only does this remind me of mid 2000s albums but lisa does the mid 2000s pop sound very well, a lot more than most.

 

i hear gwen, nelly, rih, britney and M.I.A. but they don't feel like imitations but more so influences or guides to the type of music lisa wants to make!  

The blackpink girlie really set a new standard for visual. All the videos are visually stunning.

The album is decent.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.