Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Has Gen Z been a flop?

Featured Replies

I am a zillennial so I am neither biased for or against Zoomers.

 

But have they been a flop?

 

No iconic pop girls/actresses/celebrities with impact, are voting conservative and never had to fight for any rights.

 

All they have contributed to the cultural zéitgist is TikTok dances I fear.

 

With Generation Corona on the horizon to overtake them, how has their performance been?

  • Replies 42
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Imagine being part of a generation that is going to be nostalgic for tiktok in 10 years  

  • This was obvious for a long time. Calling old people boomers who fall for fake news for using Facebook just to fall for the same misinformation hole in TikTok  Truly STUPID filth. And I say this as so

  • this thread is like walking into the nursing home

  • Popular Post

Imagine being part of a generation that is going to be nostalgic for tiktok in 10 years  :gaycat7:

tbh yes, obsessed with old music and films, conservative and cringey but masking it as ironic, terrible at relationships and quite boring lifestyle wise. will be vied as filler generation. 

Yes they're completely rotted. Although we've known this for a while :rip:

As a Gen Z, yeah. What good did we ever contribute to society? TikTok dances and online slangs? :redface:

Y'all say this as if great movies, shows, albums etc don't come out literally every year :rip: Yes the monoculture is dead we've established that. As for didn't have to fight for rights... Didn't people that fought for rights fight exactly for that? :rip:

The conservative leaning/voting YES, flop and embarrassing. Cis white men not being celebrated for once and they all feel neglected and want to beat their submissive wives or whatever.

Selena-Gomez-Shrugs-It-Off-While-Eating-

23 minutes ago, aesthetic bih said:

As a Gen Z, yeah. What good did we ever contribute to society? TikTok dances and online slangs? :redface:

As a Gen Z myself, to be fair most Gen Zs are still teens and even the older ones entered the workforce impacted by the pandemic. 

This was obvious for a long time. Calling old people boomers who fall for fake news for using Facebook just to fall for the same misinformation hole in TikTok :skull: Truly STUPID filth. And I say this as someone born in the first year of Gen Z (I guess I'm a zillenial honestly?) Vile. 

 

These are the same people who are completely illiterate with technology, who have a mental breakdown when they get a phone call, cannot order food on their own, read at a second grade level while being in college, COMPLETELY sex negative, and think Skibidi Toilet and Beyoncé conspiracy theories are funny. They had to fight for no rights and are willing to take them away from other people that worked hard for them, something they were born with. Ungrateful scum needs to experience the worst of the worst so they realize **** ain't cozy in the real world.

Edited by LustSpell

1 hour ago, Mordecai said:

Imagine being part of a generation that is going to be nostalgic for tiktok in 10 years  :gaycat7:

Doesn't every gen have something they're nostalgic for though? Both good and bad.

 

Tiktok aside, as a Gen Z Im really starting to feel nostalgia for a lot of things. Things that were big in elementary like Instagram, Katy's peak era etc. I miss those days.

As a gem z girl who saw the start of the sheer verbal and mental abuse, anger and hate that gen z men spew since my school years at a coed in the mid 2010s (I later moved to an all girls), the first thing I thought when I rejoined social media around 2019 is that the sexism was like a worst version of the **** from high school. 
 

The bigger powers have been setting up the abuse and harassment for a long time, and we're now seeing the impact. Gen z esp the men are horrid and cruel and they've been this way for as long as I can remember. Idk why we ever hoped otherwise.  

Don't they have the least amount of sex compared to previous generations too? And worse mental health?

Those kinda explain why they like the idea of blaming someone else for what is wrong and that is what Trump offers, a scapegoat so they don't have to look at themselves and do self-improvement. It is easier to just blame someone else. Someone needs to cure their disease.

tumblr_nklu2pZnyO1qdcxoeo1_500.gif

 

I dont know exactly when Genz started but 2000-2016 was one of the best eras i said what I said :bird:

12 minutes ago, Dialamba said:

I dont know exactly when Genz started but 2000-2016 was one of the best eras i said what I said :bird:

1997 is the first year of Gen Z.

  • ATRL Moderator

the high number of conservative gen z who voted for trump are flops; not all them.

2 hours ago, Revolution said:

I am a zillennial so I am neither biased for or against Zoomers.

 

But have they been a flop?

 

No iconic pop girls/actresses/celebrities with impact, are voting conservative and never had to fight for any rights.

 

All they have contributed to the cultural zéitgist is TikTok dances I fear.

 

With Generation Corona on the horizon to overtake them, how has their performance been?

Not even tiktok dances because it was called musically before and it was millenials doing that in 2015/2016

Gen Z don't really have pop culture. There's a reason they latch on to Millennials & Y2K so hard. 

The Milenials and Gen Z are both dated and very ohio, very sus. Dinosaurs

5c2e47f1fc2ad801a2f555bab09ec312.jpg

We the Gen Alpha we own the world now. We are the sigma. We have rizz
Skibidi skibidi :gaycat4: move away
 



 

Edited by AvadaKedavra

1 hour ago, SoundsandSongs said:

Doesn't every gen have something they're nostalgic for though? Both good and bad.

 

Tiktok aside, as a Gen Z Im really starting to feel nostalgia for a lot of things. Things that were big in elementary like Instagram, Katy's peak era etc. I miss those days.

Most of Gen Z are going to be the first generation who are chronically online and have spent their childhoods glued to their phones, the internet and social media. That's not the kind of nostalgia I'd want to be reminiscing, but if it's all you grew up with and all you know you can't really blame them

 

And I say that as a zillennial, so I'm only a couple of years older than the people I'm talking about. I'm just glad I was old enough to remember living in a time before the digital world took over

 

Could be worse though, you could be whatever this new generation is :rip:

Edited by Mordecai

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.