Katy Perry - '143'

livelikemusic
Oxygen
Message added by Oxygen,

143 = I love you

8 hours ago, Itz_Dani! said:

Is it true she's doing something for the Olympics? Scrape WW off the album, claim it is only a promo song for the women's teams/female athletes and once the Olympics are done in August restart the era with the new lead (Nirvana). 

The Olympics is when she did "Rise" I think.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• thismoment

• Ramcoro

• KatyPrismSpirit

when do we think she's announcing the tour. before or after the album drops?

We ready for debut numbers or suddenly we don't care?

Oprah winfrey serious GIF on GIFER - by Buridwyn

39 minutes ago, wehan6 said:

when do we think she's announcing the tour. before or after the album drops?

with this hate-train going on I highly doubt she'll be bold enough to announce a tour. even if it was planned to be announced earlier, they'll definitely delay that now.

she's very much in the same position as J.Lo - smaller fanbase, long past prime, little interest in new music, punching bag of social media. 

and her tour was sadly cancelled (apparently it was 70% sold out)

7 hours ago, Sannie said:

But the problem is not that it was poorly received, though it was, it was that no one cared. She spent a month promoting this song and its video to a crowd of over 300,000,000 social media followers and less than 1% of that group tuned in on the first day and even less than 1% came back the next. There's no way of fixing that kind of apathy from the public. How can you get people to tune into your second single or even your album when no one was interested in the one thing they were *supposed* to be interested in?

She's in a position now where she quite literally cannot win. Does she try to protect her legacy and scrap everything so her last public outing isn't forever tied to Dr. Luke or does she push forward, destroy her legacy while making her small fanbase happy?

It had 2.8M streams on first day, which is solid. If she didn't release on the same day with Eminem, it could've had debuted around top 30 which is not bad at all. Not to mention the hate train already started before the release and people are turned off by the awful snippets

SHOW ME THAT YOU'RE GONNA

AH AH

TAKE ME TO NIRVANA

AH AH

tumblr_inline_ojyeedcVFQ1qgk4m1_500.gif

SHOW ME THAT YOU'RE GONNA

AH AH

TAKE ME TO NIRVANA

tumblr_inline_ojyeedcVFQ1qgk4m1_500.gif

DANCING IN THE BLURRY LIGHTS

FOUND YOU IN PARADISE

FLOATING IN THE DIAMOND SKY

OUR BODIES SYNCHRONIZED

AV0WyWE.gif

• Like 9

I know you all like Lifetimes but i feel like it's not the correct choice after woman's world ☠️ like at all. Nirvana and Gimme Gimme sound a lot better and fit more into the mainstream rn. An upbeat uplifting happy song didnt work already, she needs to go daaark

5 hours ago, Nashe said:

with this hate-train going on I highly doubt she'll be bold enough to announce a tour. even if it was planned to be announced earlier, they'll definitely delay that now.

she's very much in the same position as J.Lo - smaller fanbase, long past prime, little interest in new music, punching bag of social media. 

and her tour was sadly cancelled (apparently it was 70% sold out)

Katy may have underperforming singles lately, but her hits are massive, timeless and go really strong still, even on streaming platforms. Play success is the proof people enjoy attend her concerts regardless current sales and commercial success. Her hits are enough for her to be an established artist. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, manuelalex9810 said:

I really loved Gorgeous but making it a 2nd single which is featuring Kim Petras will only bring backlash and we're not here for that right now.

Yeah honestly that was the snippet that I loved the most and I would have loved seeing it being a single . But yup people love to hate Katy so a Kim petras feature would be an immediate excuse for that. 

Didn't she hint "next stop Nirvana" in the commercial? Gimme Gimme would be a better choice I think 

At this point I don't know what should release for second single.
I really think her opportunity passed, everything's will be receive it as the bon appetit of the era.

Y'all better like this!! WOA has to have a viral moment eventually

Edited by Dark Miracles

23 hours ago, manuelalex9810 said:

I really loved Gorgeous but making it a 2nd single which is featuring Kim Petras will only bring backlash and we're not here for that right now.

Yeah honestly that was the snippet that I loved the most and I would have loved seeing it being a single . But yup people love to hate Katy so a Kim petras feature would be an immediate excuse for them. 

I wanted Nicki on the album instead we got Kim Petras I hate this:rip:

35 minutes ago, Dark Miracles said:

Y'all better like this!! WOA has to have a viral moment eventually

best song in her discography. The production the layering the elements just wow

• Like 2

11 hours ago, oli more said:

She totally can come back from this. HOWEVER she will need to promote the next single heavily and market it towards other demographics as well. Just the gays and twitter militants wont do it and tbh she should not have them as the main target to begin with. It all comes down to Capitol and Katy not making another not so smart move. 

Yup, gays and Twitter warriors are the worst type/lowest common denominators of people to cater your music to because they're always very petty and fickle and sheep-minded, and Katy has always been a gp girl since she always had a small fanbase. So what she needs to do is heavily promote the next single and the album to the gp and have maximum exposure so that the music reaches as wide as possible. Most of her recent flops have mostly been because of a lack of exposure more than anything else. Her playlisting reach (which is the most effective form of promo nowadays) has been laughable for her recent singles for the past few years compared to her peers. And it's bizarre that Capitol and her team still hasn't realized how much importance TTH and autoplay has on streams and exposure. Hopefully they realize this and fix this asap for the next release, and they need to move on asap from WW because people are already turned off by it and there's no coming back for this song. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Yup, gays and Twitter warriors are the worst type/lowest common denominators of people to cater your music to because they're always very petty and fickle and sheep-minded, and Katy has always been a gp girl since she always had a small fanbase. So what she needs to do is heavily promote the next single and the album to the gp and have maximum exposure so that the music reaches as wide as possible. Most of her recent flops have mostly been because of a lack of exposure more than anything else. Her playlisting reach (which is the most effective form of promo nowadays) has been laughable for her recent singles for the past few years compared to her peers. And it's bizarre that Capitol and her team still hasn't realized how much importance TTH and autoplay has on streams and exposure. Hopefully they realize this and fix this asap for the next release, and they need to move on asap from WW because people are already turned off by it and there's no coming back for this song. 

Ava's My Oh My had bigger playlisting than this :bibliahh:it's THIS bad 

• Haha 2

so what's your favorite cover?

I really like the outfitters one, she looks sexy yet so delicate 

53 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

At this point were gonna have to send em some emails with advice about the era or something :rip:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Tistotal said:

GSPo4yJaoAAKN2q?format=jpg&name=smallGSFVGMzbgAAo6FO?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tistotal said:

still this one :heart2: 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I'm optimistic that Woman's World can be moved past. She/her team couldn't have possibly thought WW was on par with her well-known and beloved singles so hopefully they wake up and turn this around

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, halcyonday said:

still this one :heart2: 

Like this one too! I don't know which version should I buy

Dr fluke is all over this album, there's nothing we can do about that. 

even if the singles flops, Katy cats will be able to enjoy the album and hopefully the tour. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.