• mike_int

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

We got a #1 single at least 

:suburban:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, SayIt said:

Training Season peak at 10? I thought it was lower? Houdini peak at 11? 

I was being radically ironic. The account totally messed up the peak. TS peaked at #27 in the US :deadbanana4:

Dead silence after the album release, im sure Warner has been having meetings and is planning the budget cuts by 80%. I doubt they'll even be a tour, they're gonna save whatever money is left for the next era 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Migs said:

I was being radically ironic. The account totally messed up the peak. TS peaked at #27 in the US :deadbanana4:

Oh! I understand now. 

32 minutes ago, KingWitch said:

Dead silence after the album release, im sure Warner has been having meetings and is planning the budget cuts by 80%. I doubt they'll even be a tour, they're gonna save whatever money is left for the next era 

Is this a real thing? If she wanted to continue the era could she spend her own money? It does not have to be expensive. She could record a music video for a single on her iPhone? And edit it using iPhone movie editor.  I feel there are a lot of creative ways to promote music without spending money. 

10 days later I confirm Falling Forever is the best album track, These FLOPS stans lost

LCTV

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Happy For You hitting today 

maybe she did that :jonny::weeps:

some of you need some radical optimism in your lives

stressing more than Dua herself - get outside babes :heart:

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SayIt said:

Is this a real thing? If she wanted to continue the era could she spend her own money? It does not have to be expensive. She could record a music video for a single on her iPhone? And edit it using iPhone movie editor.  I feel there are a lot of creative ways to promote music without spending money. 

It depends on the level of freedom her label gives her. I remember after Bad Blood MV, Taylor said she'd spend her own money to release more videos from the album.

If Dua has that level of freedom with her label and they're not angry at her for some reason, they will allow her to spend her own money. But if they were disagreements with the label and they want to "teach her a lesson" for going against what they wanted, they could easily punish her by saying its against their contract for her to spend to promote herself and basically kill the whole era :deadbanana2:

Can we please remember that how the success of this era will NOT be focused solely on the US. 

Radical Optimism is still doing good internationally so Warner shouldn't be too upset. If anything, I think they should figure out a way to ensure there'd be longevity because that's what matters at this point. The era needs more than releasing singles back to back in hopes that something sticks without even giving them promo or giving them enough time to grow.

• Like 1

I randomly got angry about Levitating not going #1 again :skull: 

I need CBT therapy instantly 

• Haha 1

Billboard 200 next week:

#17. Radical Optimism (-15) 26K sold

black wendy williams GIF

• Like 2

We need Illusion to smash so the album could stabilize at Billboard 200

At least is predicted to be #4 at the UK this week! 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, KingWitch said:

Doubt they'd cancel the tour since that's where they'd get most of the era's income.

The album debuted with respecta le numbers and is a considerable increase over FN. It's her team ******* up the promotion.

The moment she performed TS during the Grammys AND not releasing it immediately that week was a huge red flag. Who does that?

The last major release promotional flop I observed was in 2011 when Britney released the HIAM music video almost two months after the single's release with 14 teasers which killed the huge momentum of the single (broke records, debuted at #1, major free promo from huge artists). :deadbanana: 

• Like 2

"canceling the tour"

Plz :skull: 

• Like 1

I feel like we shouldn't undersell the significance of how much higher the debuts were this time. Like, Houdini was a hit but it wasn't a DSN. The fact she was able to increase numbers significantly without a hit of that size is a great sign for her career longevity. When do you hear of a pop girl out-debuting their smash era with an underperforming era? After a 4 year break?

She's got a strong foundation now, she can build her eras more slowly without fear that she's going to be a flash in the pan. These Walls and Whatcha Doing have some hit potential, but I can see them just focusing on continuing to build her brand rather than try to heavily push these singles cause lbr, it's unlikely they'd become MEGA hits— probably Houdini-sized at best. 

I think they'll take their wins with RO and move onto the next era a little more quickly, with them trying something new again. I don't see Dua having a FN-level era as far as promotion anymore, and I guess we'll have to be okay with that. She's just in a new league now. 

4 hours ago, KingWitch said:

Warner would be dumb to "cancel" a tour after the queues and insane demand she had for the summer shows :duck:

I would say release 2 more songs and then release a deluxe edition, similar to the Moonlight Edition. I would love to see What'cha Doing? and End of an Era as singles. 

I saw people speculating that they would just bill this mini summer tour as the tour for the album before quickly moving on to DL4, but I think she's probably just waiting to announce the tour around Glastonbury, although I do think it's unusual that she has a one-off show planned for London in October as presumably she would be on tour around then, unless it's starting next year.

6 hours ago, M!X said:

10 days later I confirm Falling Forever is the best album track, These FLOPS stans lost

LCTV

What? :huh:

BUT IF THESE WALLS COULD TALK 

giphy.gif

THEY'D SAY "ENOUGH"

giphy.gif

THEY'D SAY " GIVE UP"

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SayIt said:

I honestly died at the thought of Dua Lipa editing the Falling Forever video on her iPhone in a hotel room in Ibiza at 4am. 

143K units were sold outside the US. In comparison, Cowboy Carter sold 81K and ES 100K. :duck:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, KingWitch said:

It was also silence after the release of the pre-album singles. I highly doubt they were having meetings back then :suburban:

The thought of 'canceling the tour to save money' is delusional since she still has demand for that tho :gayalipacat5:

I was banned during release week dragging a certain figureless talentless poet/"singer" so I'm bummed to have missed on posting my initial reactions. But ugh this album is so good. It didn't hit the same way FN did but it's still so good. FN was made to get the girlies moving whereas this album felt more personal so idk why uglees are complaining cause they called her faceless and not personal and now there's songs and they still complaining. :thing:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.