Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

SweetTalker

The one thing, and really only thing, that really worries me about this era is she does seem less hungry. She's a global superstar sure, but a career is more than just numbers and a hit era Dua. You should be trying to improve your craft musically, artistically and other ways. 

There were signs of improvement this era with her vocals and performances, but even though I like this album more than FN, it's fairly obvious she wasn't pushing herself on this record. Warner and her "management" can plan an era all they like and craft a perfect album, but if Dua feels comfortable with where she's at then there's not really much anyone can do. 

• Like 9

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mike_int

• Cain

• SayIt

• Relampago.

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, jomarr said:

It's official. Everyone I stan eventually flops. So if you see me in a thread praising someone well they're in danger.

Now playing: Delusion (Extended)

Literally me 

Rih: RETIRED

Dua: PANNED FLOP

Ari: HOMEWRECKER

Charli: FLOP

Tinashe: FLOP

The Weeknd: DAWN FM FLOP

Bad Bunny: NADIE SABE HUGE DECLINE

Lemme start my application for an Olivia and Taylor stan card, ch

• Haha 11

seeing things like this make me so sad. We can't even get interesting looks this era. Black coats, that's it.

• Like 3

I agree it's worrisome that both her team and Warner have gone missing after the album release. I think Illusion is completely done for so I would just plan a strategy for These Walls with a GOOD video, doesn't have to be expensive, just colorful, fun and have replay value and I would specially work to make a very recognisable and fashionable look to get into people's mind and Twitter so get people talking.

Then plan radio adds and push it hard on streaming when the song has decent airplay. If the song performs well, then we can talk about Whatcha Doing remix, but for now that's what they should be doing.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Yeah the album is kinda aging like milk but i'm waiting for a cute summer trip to revive it :rip: i'm not surprised it's bombing this hard, it's a cute Bebe album, but Dua can do MUCH MUCH MUCH better than this album

• Thanks 1

Finally listened today, is reception for this pretty tepid? I was disappointed tbh and FN is my 3rd most played album of all time 

2 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Literally me 

Rih: RETIRED

Dua: PANNED FLOP

Ari: HOMEWRECKER

Charli: FLOP

Tinashe: FLOP

The Weeknd: DAWN FM FLOP

Bad Bunny: NADIE SABE HUGE DECLINE

Lemme start my application for an Olivia and Taylor stan card, ch

Don't bring that over here!!

OT: I truly do love the album and am baffled at the mixed reception to it. It's a tightly crafted pop album. There definitely shouldn't have been a 4 year break between this and FN though

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, Relampago. said:

The one thing, and really only thing, that really worries me about this era is she does seem less hungry. She's a global superstar sure, but a career is more than just numbers and a hit era Dua. You should be trying to improve your craft musically, artistically and other ways. 

There were signs of improvement this era with her vocals and performances, but even though I like this album more than FN, it's fairly obvious she wasn't pushing herself on this record. Warner and her "management" can plan an era all they like and craft a perfect album, but if Dua feels comfortable with where she's at then there's not really much anyone can do. 

I agree with you and that's why it bothers me to see so many Loves saying she set the standard too high with Future Nostalgia and she doesn't need to top it… like, this is a horrible mentality, artists like Beyoncé set the standard already very high 10 years ago with 4, yet she's still wanting to top herself, sometimes succeeding, sometimes not. You can say the same for artists like Taylor, Madonna, Ariana, Billie, Janet too, they all want to top their previous work, regardless of the standard being too high and that's what make them such interesting artists with great longevity. You can see that with RO, Dua went very safe on every aspect, like her vocals, the production, the melodies. It feels like she just wanted to make a cute album that she can dance on tour, and not really challenge herself like she did with FN, which a lot of you guys seems to be ok with it, but to me it's a horrible sign, it's giving Gaga post ARTPOP, just releasing albums to shut up the fans without any ambition or artistic development behind it.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, every1blinks said:

Don't bring that over here!!

OT: I truly do love the album and am baffled at the mixed reception to it. It's a tightly crafted pop album. There definitely shouldn't have been a 4 year break between this and FN though

FN era ran for three years (2020-2022). Then her little droplets, i.e., Cold Heart and Dance the Night were megahits in 2022 and 2023.

There wasn't a break per se. She really worked her ass off during the FN era, at least at the latter part of it due to COVID restrictions.

The era was poorly mishandled but RO remains a solid pop album.

On 5/15/2024 at 2:11 AM, halcyonday said:

now if these songs were personal...

tumblr_lqa1ckVVFH1qfkvl9o1_r1_250.thumb.

Babe if I wanted to listen to someone recite basic metaphors in monotone, I'd rather turn on a poetry podcast. Dua does not have to get down to the nitty gritty of when Billy Bob tore up her Pusey or her heart. Some girlies need to stop over sharing about how they stole their lovers mom's panties and scarves on the date where she scraped her knee on a bench at the park in the west side of London's fish market. :thing:

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

It's an ok collection of songs but how can you go from FN, full of incredible bangers, to this very mid temperature, genre confused, vanilla mix tape type of product?

Girl, bye 

Edited by Bad_vocal_technique
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

TS live is always a slay!!! the reaction at the end of the perfomance :WAP: 

Sounds & looks good :party:

Did Houdini aired at the show?? I can find it

Anyway Time perfomance.... A FLOP let me be basic like 90% here :deadbanana2:

• Like 2

Wait. I didn't realize the Time 100 gala already aired on TV last Sunday. The way no one knew about. The promo keeps on being a disappointment this era. :dies:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Performing country songs is not gonna save your era Dua. Call up Max Martin or something instead. 

Hag.

• Haha 3

This is so good, I loved it :WAP: I can't with the songs of this album sounding so much better live, just another unserious thing about this era :redface:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jomarr said:

It's official. Everyone I stan eventually flops. So if you see me in a thread praising someone well they're in danger.

Now playing: Delusion (Extended)

lmaooo this happens to me EVERY SINGLE TIME. :gaycat6:

• Like 1

The country collab is sooooo funny to me :bibliahh: but you know what at least they're trying!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cain said:

The country collab is sooooo funny to me :bibliahh: but you know what at least they're trying!

If we have to trend hop to get a budget greenlit for next era… so be it!

4 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

If we have to trend hop to get a budget greenlit for next era… so be it!

Exactly! This is the hunger for a hit I wanna see, no matter if we have to speedrun through her Joanne era

15 minutes ago, Cain said:

Radical Optimism (Countryside Tequila Edition) is coming :ihype:

She's coming back to take LIPAMERICA

• Like 1

Her next vacanza will be a trip through the corn fields Kansas

Whatever books that Taylor collab I suppose!

• Haha 1

:skull: Not Cowgirl Lipa :gayoncecat3: :skull:

Posted (edited)

How great she looked tho

Did the guy just called her DUA LUPA? 0:22

84988775-13428817-image-a-57_17159195571

84989719-13428817-Lipa_showcased_her_sli84988125-13428817-image-a-97_1715923014184988131-13428817-image-a-61_17159197237

84988107-13428817-image-m-59_17159196378

Edited by mike_int
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, mike_int said:

How great she looked tho

84988775-13428817-image-a-57_17159195571

84989719-13428817-Lipa_showcased_her_sli84988125-13428817-image-a-97_1715923014184988131-13428817-image-a-61_17159197237

84988107-13428817-image-m-59_17159196378

See when she doesn't wear black

Lorenzo take NOTES

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.