Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Dua Lipa - 'Radical Optimism'

Featured Replies

The raspy voice in falling forever. :wanda:
The melodies in These Walls. :wanda:

  • Replies 12.1k
  • Views 840.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Gyro Zeppeli
    Gyro Zeppeli

    I'm screaming  

  • BlackoutZone
    BlackoutZone

  • Gays today would see the Frozen music video and then the Ray of Light album cover afterwards and be like "none of this is cohesive, this is all so badly planned, I thought she was going for a gothic l

12 minutes ago, Axel. said:

ok, you were right, Whatcha Doing sounds like a smash :gaycat4:

Oh wow. It sounds like this album will be amazing :jonny:

 

Thank you for sharing 

1 minute ago, Asherio said:

The raspy voice in falling forever. :wanda:
The melodies in These Walls. :wanda:

Failing forever = Raspy voice Dua >>>>
 

These Walls = Angelic voice Dua >>>>
 

Show them your versatility Dua :duca:

3 minutes ago, SayIt said:

Did you hear the full song? :duca:

Just a snippet but it was enough for me to know it's going straight into my top 3. :clap3:

Snippets have me pretty hyped

 

This album can't arrive soon enough

The snippets sound nothing like Houdini and TS :deadbanana: I really wonder why they chose those as the first singles and how they're gonna sound in the context of the album

7 minutes ago, Cain said:

The snippets sound nothing like Houdini and TS :deadbanana: I really wonder why they chose those as the first singles and how they're gonna sound in the context of the album

I said it before but I don't understand why they picked those tracks when there are at least 3 tracks that are MUCH better representation of the album as of whole. Maybe they thought those are the best commercially (which maybe they are) but I'm sure people would have appreciated other ones much more because they'd understand what they're getting themselves into when it comes to Radical Optimism. 

spacer.png

 

everybody has managed to find these snippets apart from me 

4 minutes ago, curiousladybug said:

I said it before but I don't understand why they picked those tracks when there are at least 3 tracks that are MUCH better representation of the album as of whole. Maybe they thought those are the best commercially (which maybe they are) but I'm sure people would have appreciated other ones much more because they'd understand what they're getting themselves into when it comes to Radical Optimism. 

Also Watcha Doing sounds like a Bruno/Dawn FM summer smash (in the vein of Espresso), why the hell didn't they go with that as the summer single

15 minutes ago, Cain said:

The snippets sound nothing like Houdini and TS :deadbanana: I really wonder why they chose those as the first singles and how they're gonna sound in the context of the album

She said this in early interviews that none of the songs sound like Houdini and that they have similar lyrical themes. I am glad we are getting a variety. I am so hyped.

 

This album is giving classic 

3 minutes ago, Cloudy said:

No chicken for me until May 3rd :jonny:

I am glad you are staying strong. I will wait until May 3rd as well! 

5 minutes ago, wildsidenormani said:

spacer.png

 

everybody has managed to find these snippets apart from me 

I also can't find them

30 minutes ago, Axel. said:

Falling Forever has such an explosive and instant chorus :WAP:

Thanks for explaining how it sounds for the people who haven't heard it yet!

18 minutes ago, Cain said:

The snippets sound nothing like Houdini and TS :deadbanana: I really wonder why they chose those as the first singles and how they're gonna sound in the context of the album

I've only heard the These Walls snippet but I'm already guessing from peoples reviews and stuff that the rest of the album is giving more light and summery dance pop whereas Houdini and TS are more moody and 'dark'?

8 minutes ago, Kern said:

I also can't find them

same - youtube search is useless

12 minutes ago, Augmented said:

I've only heard the These Walls snippet but I'm already guessing from peoples reviews and stuff that the rest of the album is giving more light and summery dance pop whereas Houdini and TS are more moody and 'dark'?

Well, yes.mp4

These are all so bright and summery and upbeat. H, TS, and even I are darker, in minor keys, more menacing or moody... Wouldn't have minded a taste of that side as a single but then one of the poppier ones to give us more a reflective tatste of the FULL album. Just snips tho so who knows--Haven't heard EOAE, M or HFY snips yet

Edited by ahauntingnearu

1 hour ago, headztrong said:

my alt cover LP wasn't shipped yet :gaycat6:

I contacted Dua official store regarding shipment (alternative cover for me as well) and I received email they will be shipping items after the date of release and if I wont get notification up until 5 days since release I should contact them.

 

Which is stupid but OK

11 minutes ago, Cain said:

Well, yes.mp4

Oop…well I might have to readjust my expectations ever so slightly as I was hoping for at least 1/2 more gritty, late night bops but definitely ready for the lighter vibes as well.

Edited by Augmented
Grammar

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.