Charli XCX - 'BRAT'

Kylie Jenner

Posted (edited)

I never heard anything by Charli but gave up to the hype. Very cool alberm but let me say that the repetitive lines get old fast, at least for me. The whole thing it's such a rush, great for a workout session lol

Edited by TipToe

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• xokuba

• Club classic

• Contessa

• MusicIsMyMaster

34 minutes ago, CottageHore said:

Marina and that's not up for debate 

Someone said Marina, but Lorde makes more sense because of the people confusing them, but does Lorde write poems???? I think it could actually be about Marina, considering Lorde has been a blond. But Lorde also posted about the album so idfk

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, blastoisebaby said:

Someone said Marina, but Lorde makes more sense because of the people confusing them, but does Lorde write poems???? I think it could actually be about Marina, considering Lorde has been a blond. But Lorde also posted about the album so idfk

marina and charli already have a song together tho. and charli's hair is more similar to lorde's than to marina's

Lorde-and-Charli-XCX-2014-billboard-1548

girlband_tout.jpg

53d5317f0d232_-_lorde-vogue-hair-lgn.jpg

ab6761610000e5eb936885667ef44c306483c838

Edited by Contessa
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, blastoisebaby said:

I think the wanting to make music together references, the "come to my party and put your hands up" seeming to be a little call out to "I'm kinda over being told to put my hands up in the air, so there", and then I don't think the poetry line is meant to be taken literal. I think it's in reference to how all of Lorde's songs are very vulnerable and personal in nature whereas Charli only dips into that once in a while. It makes the most sense to be Lorde. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blastoisebaby said:

It has to be Marina. Marina and Charli have similar hair. Marina writes poetry (albeit bad poetry and I say this as a fan) and Marina just has more of a contemplative vibe while Charli is a party girl which makes it difficult for them to connect on a friendly level, but they've worked together in the past at the start of their careers, which was likely pushed by their labels but didn't connect with the two of them (hence why the song was only ever released on YouTube and SoundCloud for free consumption). And then the way things clearly got weird between the two of them around 2019 when Marina reminded Charli she's the copyright owner of fruit (a la "that froot looks familiar!"). And now I feel like they don't have a bad relationship, it's just awkward and not a connection that's sincere so she's using that as one example of how the industry pushes female artists to be unified while also pitting them against one another. 

no, i never go home, don't sleep, don't eat

just do it on repeat, keep (bumpin that)
when i'm in the club, yeah, I'm (bumpin' that)
3-6-5, party girl (I'm bumpin' that)

533508a369cab827a5905d5e413f09cebabaccf4533508a369cab827a5905d5e413f09cebabaccf4

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

FINALLY figured out what song 2:20–2:34 on 365 reminds me of: Satisfaction by Benny Benassi. I kinda wonder if Charli was inspired by this song at all, or if it's just a coincidence. 

1e743c52be8784a5ae94f8762944b5fe54d28b57.gif

Edited by Curaga

3 minutes ago, Curaga said:

FINALLY figured out what song 2:20–2:34 on 365 reminds me of: Satisfaction by Benny Benassi. I kinda wonder Charli was inspired by this song at all, or if it's just a a coincidence. 

1e743c52be8784a5ae94f8762944b5fe54d28b57.gif

She played that at her Boiler Room set so it's safe to say it was an influence on the record for sure.

• Like 4

Wow love this album - only song that might need abit more time to grow on me is b2b

9 hours ago, Relampago. said:

Why would I ever do c*ke when I could just listen to 365 and get the same experience 

I haven't done c*ke in almost a year but listening to 365 got me ITCHING to do it again :jonny5:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, flower moon said:

no, i never go home, don't sleep, don't eat

just do it on repeat, keep (bumpin that)
when i'm in the club, yeah, I'm (bumpin' that)
3-6-5, party girl (I'm bumpin' that)

533508a369cab827a5905d5e413f09cebabaccf4533508a369cab827a5905d5e413f09cebabaccf4

This is making me want to get on grindr

Wish I'd tried to pull you closer
You pushed me hard, made me focus
Your words, brutal, loving, truthful
I was petrified

You're a hero and a human
Track was done, I'd make excuses
You'd say, "Come on, stay for dinner"
I'd say, "No, I'm fine"

Now I really wish I'd stayed

spacer.png

• Like 4

after a couple of days with this, I'm happy to announce this is her best album

crying-sad.gif

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, sbenci said:

after a couple of days with this, I'm happy to announce this is her best album

crying-sad.gif

undeniably. also one of the best pop albums ever made. she's single handedly carrying the dire modern pop scene 

• Like 4

Aa someone who loved SUCKER and wasn't into what she released after that, should I listen? 

8 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

Aa someone who loved SUCKER and wasn't into what she released after that, should I listen? 

do you like fun? then have a listen and we'll await your review

white-boy-hips-hips.gif

Just now, flower moon said:

do you like fun? then have a listen and we'll await your review

white-boy-hips-hips.gif

This Will Be Fun Dance Moms GIF by Lifetime Telly

I love the answer without the answering chile. But the acclaim intrigued me. I'll listen

• Haha 2

the replay value is CRAZY. had it on repeat since release :jonny6:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

I mean truthfully, if you liked Sucker but not her PC/hyperpop stuff, no :skull:

• Like 2

365 Party Gurl

spacer.png

We need Ajay's reaction

mnVZp2V.gif

i wanna hear the club classics

spacer.png

club classics club club classics

11 minutes ago, Cain said:

I mean truthfully, if you liked Sucker but not her PC/hyperpop stuff, no :skull:

I'll still listen. Maybe ill find a jam

I love this sm

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.