Anitta - 'Funk Generation'

Renan90

"Aceita" is the best track. Definitely should be a single.

Good album, it has some skips but it's pretty solid.

I'm worried people might confuse brazilian funk with rave music. I'm not sure why she insists on matching these two sounds. If she wants to introduce the actual brazilian funk, she should focus on dig really deep into the rhythm.

Edited by vinicius

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Movimento Perpétuo

• alexaalto

• SchmoodRing

• Angel94

Her best album by miles. Meme and Love in Common did not click with me but the rest is perfect even though they're too short (ariana grande listen twice teas).

Cria de Favela > Puta Cara > Sabana :WAP:

after initial listens Aceita, Love In Common and Fria are my favorites from this. I've always liked more pop leaning songs from her (and preferably in English also hehe):rockon: Versions of Me remains my favorite album from her but this is very cohesive project and I like very much this album's concept. this would have me on chokehold if it was mostly in English and less the funk beat cause the "rave" sound here is goood:dies:

wish bellakeo was a bonus track here, I love it:duca:

Edited by alexaalto

Wow this is actually pretty solid. Didn't expect that :clap3:

on Meme and its a bop :WAP:

This album is so fun

speed.gif?ex=662d2bfb&is=662bda7b&hm=4e104597d7b8fe91f387d8f4a2793737c430b6fdcc13b72eebea0df29abb5ac3&

I really liked it! i wish she could do more collabs with latin artists! AND FOCUSING to singing in Spanish and Porgetuegese more! Sam smith out of the place in this album and i hated love in common and aceita other tracks are pretty solid, her vision is more clearer in this album than her other stuffs!

Edited by gingguu

As I said earlier the album is surprisingly good and cohesive. The online reactions that I've been seeing has been surprisingly good for Anitta as well. Non stans and casual listeners are praising the album, especially the productions.

I really think it's her best effort since Ritmo Perfeito which was released a decade ago. I must say it's even better than Bang.

As someone who is around the same age of Anitta and was born and raised very near of her suburban neighborhood, mind you we used to live like 20 minutes away from each other, "Funk Generation" is nostalgic because it has all the elements from funk carioca that we used to listen to in the 90s/2000s at the parties, radios and basically everywhere.

It has Furacão 2000, Miami Bass, Funk-Rave and Funk Melody altogether. Actually when I listened to "Savage Funk" and "Cria de Favela", I felt like I was in a street party from my neighborhood in Rio de Janeiro in 2004-2005 :toofunny3:

Highlights:

Lose Ya Breath

Grip

Fría

Savage Funk

Cria de Favela

P*ta Cara

J73Ygd1.gif

Shoutout to her producers. The tracks sound so GOOD on earphones, everything is well produced

I only didn't liked Meme, Love in Common, Ahí and Aceita. They're just ok. Nothing special.

Solid album and one of her best works. She can finally call herself an artist 

I still think her best album to date is "BANG" but this new one is kinda good. 

The songs productions are great. 

This album is genuinely amazing, I'm really impressed with the production and melodies, not a single skip for me

J73Ygd1.gif

Versions of Me was such an incohesive mess that made no sense in the long run, this album is extremely cohesive and kudos to her for that :clap3: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is fire and it must be amazing to dance to any of those tracks at parties. I'm happy with the result but I do wish the tracks were longer. Also I don't know why she'd leave Used to Be and Casi Casi out of this.

I'd say my favorites so far are Lose Ya Breth, Ahi and Love in Common.

• Like 1

Lose Ya Breath and Aceita are the two standouts for me on first listen, only didn't like Love In Common.

I need more time with it to dissect the tracks and pick my faves but on first listen it's BOP after BOP. Loving this, going to add it to my summer playlist along with Radical Optimism :katie2:

I've listened to it twice. It's a vibe! Best ones are Lose Ya Breath and -- shockingly -- Savage Love lol

Her best project. Finally doing what she wanted to 

It debuted with 10.7 M streams on Brazil. The 3rd biggest debut ever, only behind Taylor's TTPD and Luísa Sonza's Escândalo Íntimo 

• Haha 1

God!!!!!!!!!!! This album was made for me. Even though the songs are « commercially » produced and not 100% baile-funkish as they could be but that's still AMAZING for me

the BEATS in this album ? 

lose ya breath @ 0:52 ? Oh girl I need my favela hung man right NOW.

grip @ 1:09 ? Orgasm

I used to HATE funk rave and it actually sounds nice in the album (still not my jam but that's alright)

Savage Funk ? OH MY GODDDDDD

Cria de Favéla is me going from A mode to ***** MODE

Puta Cara is LITERALLY the song you could listen to any bloco in Rio omggggggg it's MY JAAAAAM. It sounds like a Heavy Bailey song (if you don't know about them go have a listen). Puta Care is right after ***** mode is activited and I need me some alpha.

sabana @ 1:23 made my day

My only complain :

i watched her performance @ Latin awards…

sis… she is LAZY. And I hate when the most talented artists are LAZY. The performance could have been phenomenal IF she had rehearsed the time it needed to be rehearsed. Because of this the performance was just okay for me. She needs to rehearse these choreo on a Beyonce level she can truly deliver on the stage. Girl had a baile funk freestyle on stage and she came with these 2 steps? And you're the same woman that does movimento de symphonida? Girl we know your level thanks to movimento we need that level every single time.

now the tour for this album? The concert is going to be AMAZING. The songs in an actual concert room? Oh my god the bass. My outfit is ready

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Negiiiii said:

My only complain :

i watched her performance @ Latin awards…

sis… she is LAZY. And I hate when the most talented artists are LAZY. The performance could have been phenomenal IF she had rehearsed the time it needed to be rehearsed. Because of this the performance was just okay for me. She needs to rehearse these choreo on a Beyonce level she can truly deliver on the stage. Girl had a baile funk freestyle on stage and she came with these 2 steps? And you're the same woman that does movimento de symphonida? Girl we know your level thanks to movimento we need that level every single time.

now the tour for this album? The concert is going to be AMAZING. The songs in an actual concert room? Oh my god the bass. My outfit is ready

"She needs to rehearse these choreo on a Beyonce level she can truly deliver on the stage."

Beyoncé, sweetie...

Anyways, she posted a long letter thanking herself on Twitter. :clap3:

Spotify (April 26) - 12,779,545 streams
1. Lose Ya Breath - 1 065 508
2. Grip - 1 161 846
3. ⁠Funk Rave - 902 961
4. Fría - 922 129
5. Meme - 768 953
6. Love in Common - 661 027
7. ⁠Aceita - 733 349
8. Double Team ft. Bad Gyal, Brray - 883 615
9. Savage Funk - 1 045 244
10. Joga Pra Lua - 856 468
11. Cria de Favela - 702 712
12. Puta Cara - 668 730
13. Sabana - 672 442
14. Ahi ft. Sam Smith - 1 081 296
15. Mil Veces - 653 265

Currently listening and the intro song is ******* wild. 

I've just checked this out since it randomly popped up on my YT recommendations. While I really like the overall sound and production, I must say the lengths of the songs really hurt this album. How can you make such a lively and danceable album full of 1-2 minute songs? Some songs like Sabana ended just when they started to get interesting.

If she really wanted to keep the songs short I think making one song transition into another would really make this album so much better.

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.