why does atrl hate unholy so much

Karla Cabello

its fun, theatrical, camp & gay.

i mostly hate most of sams music bc its too boring for me but unholy is really a stand out from their career and it does not sound like anything on the radio rn.

i love the operatic vocals too. idg why everyone seems to call it one of the worst songs of all time. i tought gay people liked campy music that doesnt take itself too seriously

Billie Eilish has released 2 new guitar songs - Music News - BreatheHeavy |  Exhale

I just hate it. 

I don't care for them at all but I love that song :rip:

Edited by dman4life

1 minute ago, dman4life said:

I don't care for him at all but I love that song :rip:

them, but same

Edited by Karla Cabello

I just expected more when they first teased it, but the song was pretty mid sadly! 

Doesn’t matter if this site hates the song, it still an Grammy winning global smash…

spacer.png

I like it

I love it 

The production and melody are good. The lyrics are the problem. Kim's verse is the worst especially the "daddy" part

Edited by FailSafe

it’s honestly kinda corny and stale to me but i’m more glad of what the song has done as far as representation goes 

cause it's not sung by a white skinny blonde pop girl. Had this been sung by Shawn Mendes & Rihanna this would have been an ATRL fave

It’s not just ATRL it’s everyone on TikTok and YouTube and everywhere. Everyone loooooved the snippet and since it dropped, people have done a full 360. It’s a combination of internalized queer hate, fat phobia, and the fact that the song was way too cut and dry with little room for experimentation 

It's a smash hit anyway and thats all that matters to most of these people at the end of the day. :clap3: I don't like, LOVE it, but its cute for what it is!

O M G :deadbanana: How many fckn times are yall gonna make the same thread???? Someone please just start a Base thread for Unholy at this point because I'm soooo tired of 

"Why does ATRL hate Unholy?"

"Why does ATRL hate Sam Smith?"

Every single day. Multiple times a day. Give it a rest FFS :psyduck:

8 minutes ago, Josh said:

cause it's not sung by a white skinny blonde pop girl. Had this been sung by Shawn Mendes & Rihanna this would have been an ATRL fave

You mean like Kim Petras? :deadbanana: And Rihanna isn't white and blonde

Just now, Da Vinci said:

You mean like Kim Petras? :deadbanana: And Rihanna isn't white and blonde

Kim Petras is a known Dr. Luke supporter so she doesn't count to people on here. If it was Britney, Madonna it would be different

I love it! Still bops today

And I was so happy seeing them win the Grammy

I think it's a case of those in the minority being the loudest

7 minutes ago, Josh said:

Shawn and Rih are white blonde girls? :deadbanana2: I get your point but nn

OT: Also, it's funny to see the lyrics being criticized in here because IMO thats what sets it apart as a pop song. Sam is essentially taunting the DL str8 bros that have been sliding into the DMs of femboys and other LGBT for years. Maybe the transgressive nature of the lyrics are lost on ATRLers who are deep in the LGBT community, but they're clocking the tea of these DL types who have been LYING on all of us for years, which is ballsy at the very least :giraffe:

Because these Sam songs deserved the success instead:

The jury's still out on I'm Not Here To Make Friends but that's much better than this too.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.