Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

why do latinos love lana so much?

Featured Replies

shes huge everywhere in latam. i guess her fake latina era did wonders for her

 

  • Replies 42
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first heard her name I remember thinking she was Latina :dies:

39 minutes ago, kyliefever2002 said:

the melancholia 

Oh wow. I came to say the literal same. 

As a Latino I’ve always wondered the same thing. Although I used to love her and still kinda like her, she’s a bit blah. 

42 minutes ago, kyliefever2002 said:

the melancholia 

It's this

 

kind of the same reason Latinos love Morrissey/the Smiths

did you know that her name in Spanish translates to Lana of the Rey :heart:

Edited by CandleGuy

51 minutes ago, Lemonjuice said:

We literally dont :skull: 

 

32 minutes ago, CrimsonX said:

I don’t? :biblio:

 
please don’t generalize.

 

26 minutes ago, yellowflame said:

We don't

it's always the newbies under 1k posts trying to act edgy with the most flamebait posts.

 

 

Not really. The only artist I hear when I'm at my Uber ride, cafeteria or wherever the cleaning ladies are at is Bad Bunny

Edited by sxhunluv

4 minutes ago, truthteller said:

 

 

it's always the newbies under 1k posts trying to act edgy with the most flamebait posts.

 

Lmao that’s flamebait? Girl get a grip

5 minutes ago, truthteller said:

 

 

it's always the newbies under 1k posts trying to act edgy with the most flamebait posts.

 

 

It’s like asking why do black people like chicken or why are middle aged white woman such Karen’s.


no one’s trying to be edgy weirdo, I just hate when people generalize a group of people. :biblio:

 

We are very expressive with our emotions, we love ballads, and there is a large alternative scene here. Lana fills that void with her melodramatic songwriting, torch ballads, and her edgy persona. It is why Carla Morrison, Mon Laferte, and Natalia Lafourcade have so much appeal with latinos.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.