Kim Petras - "brrr"

Lady Claire

9 hours ago, jxxking said:

Genuine question: was there any live autotuned involved? Like, in her iHeartRadio performance (the VR one) the vocals weren't always as good, so I am confused. I love most of Kim's music, just not sure HOW good she is live you know. What do y'all think?

100%. but the thing about autotune is you have to be good enough to get close to the notes, even if you're not hitting them exactly. but yes, they're 100% tuned to perfection

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lady Claire

• TrueBlood

• Nefertiti0

• Freaky Prince

16 hours ago, TrueBlood said:

This was good! 

she did good but what's up with her team and this no production or anything planned for the performance at all? 

9 hours ago, jxxking said:

Genuine question: was there any live autotuned involved? Like, in her iHeartRadio performance (the VR one) the vocals weren't always as good, so I am confused. I love most of Kim's music, just not sure HOW good she is live you know. What do y'all think?

Like it's obvious that she uses live autotune at times. Especially this performance:

oh god she needs to try harder with her performance. she moves like basic white girl :rip:

As someone who's seen Kim live, don't deny her vocal ability :clap3: She can sing. I like Brrr tbh, it's not really that exciting but it's a better direction for her music.

Edited by Big Bad Wolf

Kim always uses autotune on her mic on her most-electronic driven songs. It worked well with Something About You, brrr etc.

She's a great singer live but her headset mic and the dancing on some live performances kinda ruins it, bc she gets out of breath :rip:

18 hours ago, TrueBlood said:

This was good! 

Oh wow! she sounds and looks great :clap3:I hope she continues to remind people she can actually sing

Kim is performing at the Grammys!!

17 minutes ago, Lady Claire said:

Kim is performing at the Grammys!!

omgggg probably Unholy with Sam!

It's pretty obvious that appearing on a hit song has done wonders for her in terms of giving her promotional spots but if she can't have a hit of her own it's not gonna last long. Brr is doing absolutely nothing commercially so far, despite the streams being slightly better than IJWARS. 

56 minutes ago, jxxking said:

omgggg probably Unholy with Sam!

I thought so at first, but in that case wouldn't they announce them together?

5 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

Oh hmm that's true, I didn't think about that.

36 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

57 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

naaauuur I hoped she would sing a solo song 

16 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

Kim always uses autotune on her mic on her most-electronic driven songs. It worked well with Something About You, brrr etc.

She's a great singer live but her headset mic and the dancing on some live performances kinda ruins it, bc she gets out of breath :rip:

She sounds really good here!! I agree she is better of not dancing tbh. 

Edited by jxxking

Some updates: Kim will receive the CHARTBREAKER award at Billboard’s Women in Music this March and yesterday she also confirmed the album release for the summer, said she even has a deadline this time around… so yeah, it’s finally happening :duca:

she said brrr is reminiscent of Sophie. she always will be very influenced by Sophie and wants to carry a small piece of Sophie's inspiration in her music.

will she now get playlisting and budget for any music video for these nice words?

16 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

will she now get playlisting and budget for any music video for these nice words?

Label of the year they shelved her album, so ironic :skull:

40 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

This seems like a masochist game they forced her to do. :rip:

3 hours ago, Nefertiti0 said:

she said brrr is reminiscent of Sophie. she always will be very influenced by Sophie and wants to carry a small piece of Sophie's inspiration in her music.

I’ve never listened to Sophie music, so what exactly does Brr sound like?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.