Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

10 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Legends :clap3: They now join BP as the only ggs to have multiple albums surpassing 1M sales :clap3:

 

Itzory was made :WAP: Itzy money maker 

Edited by Dialamba

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

I've never really been able to get into kpop I always thought it was a bit too noisy :sorry:

 

But yesterday one of my friends was playing Hype Boy and I was like ooh girl what is this ... and then I listened to all of NewJeans songs and every one is a pop perfection WTF :jonny5:

15 minutes ago, magic said:

I've never really been able to get into kpop I always thought it was a bit too noisy :sorry:

 

But yesterday one of my friends was playing Hype Boy and I was like ooh girl what is this ... and then I listened to all of NewJeans songs and every one is a pop perfection WTF :jonny5:

Le Sserafim, aespa and IVE next :jonny:

only boygroups and blackpink copycats do noise now

9 hours ago, Lost In Paradise said:

it seems to me that MHJ is actually holding back on pushing Hyein too much because of her age. she knows how powerful she'll become later on

 

the moment she grabbed that piece of cake with her bare hand, when she looked in the mirror with the butterfly in her hair, etc. are just little droplets of her power

 

she has a killing part in most of their songs but it's not payola she just has a really interesting vocal quality. probably the most distinct in NewJennies

Hyein is one of the most pushed member wdym ?

 

6 hours ago, Mel. said:

She's moving like an official MV :clap3:

 

 

 

They’re using ad 

 

5 hours ago, hallucinate said:

summer smasha incoming :jonny5:

poor OEHs and akgaes

Please I want a sexy concept like The eve or Love shot and the b side full of rnb 

2 hours ago, JonginBey said:

Had SM pushed EXO in America, I truly believe Kyungsoo would’ve been promoted as the leading man :gaycat2:

Not when they have the TANNED king there. 

50 minutes ago, karlo_98 said:

 

The produce craze is here yet again :jonny5:

Especially since in China, survival show are banned now, right? 

its what they deserve for always supporting/stanning bp hard :clap3: 

 

 

 

Edited by MonsterNavy

14 minutes ago, Axel. said:

nice try! 

 

ustynTM.gif

um they had an amazing run in 2021

 

ustynTM.gif

5 minutes ago, K$Ellie said:

um they had an amazing run in 2021

 

ustynTM.gif

"I've never really been able to get into kpop I always thought it was a bit too noisy :sorry:"

 

ustynTM.gif

1 hour ago, Selenasworld said:

It's just the 4gen boys Big Bang got a smash last year 

I know I meant 4th gen bgs, not really counting NCT Dream since that was literally a remake of a hit. 

23 minutes ago, Axel. said:

"I've never really been able to get into kpop I always thought it was a bit too noisy :sorry:"

 

ustynTM.gif

Savage ep and Next Level isn't typical kpop noise if anything it was hyperpop like Charli

 

ustynTM.gif

RV really deserved + they're also at 900k on Circle.

 

I believe if SM hadn't screwed up the shipping, it could have been 1M on Circle already. There are still shipments to be fulfilled and especially if they restock, it could easily reach 1M.

 

The Hanteo numbers are confirmed sales too, not shipments. So...incredible numbers for a nearly 9 year old group :jonny5:

 

Edited by Zack

9 minutes ago, Zack said:

RV really deserved + they're also at 900k on Circle.

 

I believe if SM hadn't screwed up the shipping, it could have been 1M on Circle already. There are still shipments to be fulfilled and especially if they restock, it could easily reach 1M.

 

The Hanteo numbers are confirmed sales too, not shipments. So...incredible numbers for a nearly 9 year old group :jonny5:

 

not they catching up to Twice in album sales :jonny6:

 

Stamp On It is so bad :deadbanana2:

Edited by Héloïse

LOONA's new album got released on some Chinese services but nobody bothered to rip it and now it's gone :deadbanana2:

 

Image

One thing most big labels have never recognized as to why groups like LE SSERAFIM, BLACKPINK and NewJeans (2 in HYBE, home of BTS and YG, known for being the hiphop face of K-pop) are taking off globally/beyond Asia is basically one thing: ease of experience

 

No one wants to listen to pop music with the added concept and lore of whatever the **** KWANGYA is like pls :deadbanana4: Like yes BTS had that lore crap with the HYYH era but that was just an addition to already perfectly good pop songs, if the song is a burden to listen to (90% of SM and JYPs discography bar TWICE) and has no replay value + has pretentious stories behind it, it'll easily turn off the casual listener. It has to be familiar and not too wonky, sure SNSD had their iGAB noise moment but they had a plethora of already very easy listening smash hits that appealed globally (at least given K-pops limited reach in Gen 2).

 

K-pop is pop music, if someone wants to watch and listen to art beyond the song, the POP in POP music better hit and serve quality.

 

This is why LE SSERAFIM works, they're minimalistic, globally inspired pop music (FEARLESS is H&M background music, ANTIFRAGILE is an amazing reggaeton song), there's no l0r3 or deep meaning behind the music, its just peak girl empowerment. Tight and very unique choreography, sassy delivery, every member vocally competent. Thats why ANTIFRAGILE has been sitting in the Spotify Top 200 for 4 months now and counting.

 

This is why BLACKPINK works, they're high class, opulent and have very individualistic brands. They're very accessible to a global audience because they bring attitude and rhythm everytime they come back. Y'all can drag the D4 print time and time again but it has ALWAYS worked for the global audience (me and million other casual listeners). Their brand of hip-hop pop music has always sold well to global audiences, because not only can they pull it off but they also have the label backing to pull it off.

 

This is why NewJeans works, despite being the antithesis to BLACKPINK and LE SSERAFIM, at the core of it, all 3 of them have one similarity: the music is GOOD first and foremost. Nothing will take off if audiences don't gravitate to the song first and foremost. Not to mention they have a very juvenile and catchy take on r&b pop music. NewJeans sonically has tapped into a genre of r&b pop that no other K-pop group has called home.

 

Aespa as a brand is too pretentious, their brand of noise while similar in vein to BLACKPINK is just too cringy with none of the attitude girls like Jennie and Lisa pull off. Aespa should've been SMs attempt at stealing BLACKPINKs brand market, they have the money to pull it off and Aespa is vocally miles beyond whatever avocaedoes Halsey'd vocals Rose comes up with

2 minutes ago, JoanneActII said:

nct dream is not 4th gen :rip: they debuted in 2016 ffs

This. I’m not sure why ppl think they are one of the 4th gens. If they are 4th gen, then Blackpink is 4th gen as well. I’m pretty sure they debuted around the same time

3 hours ago, magic said:

I've never really been able to get into kpop I always thought it was a bit too noisy :sorry:

 

But yesterday one of my friends was playing Hype Boy and I was like ooh girl what is this ... and then I listened to all of NewJeans songs and every one is a pop perfection WTF :jonny5:

Yes stan!

Also check out the other Gen 4 queens

 

 

13 minutes ago, Axel. said:

 

they look great in this styling! 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.