Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

10 minutes ago, paperfectdelusion said:

Singing about growing trees is not a bad thing though, Bjork has been doing the same thing for ages now. :hoetenks:But congrats on the karma, the way god always finds his way to punish the sheep!

no one is really saying it’s a bad thing in itself, just extremely hypocritical in an industry that uses tons of materials to print the endless assembly line of albums 

 

think of the inclusions that come with a single standard kpop album and then think of how much is needed to make that times like… several million

 

then add in all the travel they do for filming, touring (well minus Red Velvet I guess), other appearances… it’s an industry that has a lot to change before they can try and preach about sustainability

2 hours ago, kendoll2001 said:

 

 

Them resorting to using aespa as political leverage now. :rip: He's aware of the demand for their comeback and that MYs, especially, are going to side against whoever is painted as the perpetrator. 

this SM internal mess will be crowned as entertainment of the year for me 

I need Netflix or some streaming service to create a series based on this already :eatpopcorn::eatpopcorn::eatpopcorn:

The Sm CEO wearing an NCT shirt :bibliahh:

 

Well at least they still are the company favorite group.

not me waking up to the news that aespa album really was supposed to be dropped on feb 20

is the album fully scrapped and delayed?

and LSM wanna push the cringey and fake environmental bs to the girls

imagine them having an environmental + kwangya smcu'd concepts all together like :toofunny2:

 

I guess the cb isn't happening until late march - april

its fine I guess as long as its not that environmental stuff

The aespa members even shed tears after hearing that their new song would be scrapped.

 

my poor girls. sustainability and all the green stuff like imagine how cringey and confused we are all gonna be with all the metaverse kwangya stuff then the sustainability bs added like :deadbanana:

2 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

not me waking up to the news that aespa album really was supposed to be dropped on feb 20

is the album fully scrapped and delayed?

and LSM wanna push the cringey and fake environmental bs to the girls

imagine them having an environmental + kwangya smcu'd concepts all together like :toofunny2:

 

I guess the cb isn't happening until late march - april

its fine I guess as long as its not that environmental stuff

there's no way they'd entirely scrap the rest of the album, only the dumb greenwashing song was scrapped. the members said the album + photoshoot was done but title track wasn't decided. i think their album will at the latest be out may and they'll likely do pre-release tracks like they did for girls. 

1 minute ago, JoanneActII said:

there's no way they'd entirely scrap the rest of the album, only the dumb greenwashing song was scrapped. the members said the album + photoshoot was done but title track wasn't decided. i think their album will at the latest be out may and they'll likely do pre-release tracks like they did for girls. 

I mean, if LSM made them change some of the lyrics to this green and sustainability stuff when the title was already done - can't they just change it back to original lyrics or something? if the members cried because the title was scrapped - the title track must've been really good. I know the girls' taste and none of them like girls (title track and album).

17 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

not me waking up to the news that aespa album really was supposed to be dropped on feb 20

is the album fully scrapped and delayed?

and LSM wanna push the cringey and fake environmental bs to the girls

imagine them having an environmental + kwangya smcu'd concepts all together like :toofunny2:

 

I guess the cb isn't happening until late march - april

its fine I guess as long as its not that environmental stuff

No one wants to wake up to the news I woke up to this morning. No one. I was preparing my coffee, turning on wi-fi and the first thing I read is: “aespa comeback fully scrapped and delayed”. I blinked my eyes countless times and I went on Facebook just to see more and more posts about it. I couldn’t believe it. My aespa comeback dream was over and there I was at 8AM sitting in my kitchen looking at the screen of my iPhone.

 

I know this may sound a bit too much but… Yes. Tears started falling from my eyes and they wouldn’t stop. I don’t consider this to be an over dramatic reaction like many of you could easily consider. I look at it as unconditional love, dedication and passion. Something unexplainable, no one can translate love into words or even admiration. Some people get your attention and you don’t know why. And while I am fully aware that aespa are not over, I also am aware that it’s never going to be the same. It doesn’t matter if it is Karina or Giselle or Winter or Ningning. It doesn’t. I saw this girlgroup being born when they were just four little girls. A few years later they turned into strong and confident women and extremely inspirational. They brought the term “girlgroup” back in the music industry and scored two of the biggest hits of this new decade. I was obsessed and extremely proud of it.

 

I’ve always been aware that girlgroups are not meant to last and that’s why I flew to Paris just to see them live last year. I knew this was a fast career and that’s why I spent over 800€ on this girlgroup (I’ve watched them live twice, I met them twice, I bought their music, I took a trip just to see them, paid hotel… You make the counts!). I wanted to live it as much as I could and looking back I am so proud of every single thing I did for them. They brought back my fan vein in a way I’ve never experienced before. Britney Spears, Shakira… They’re both established artists and it’s another story on how their careers are handled.

 

Every aespa fan was aware that SM was not happy. Ever since “Black Mamba” became a smash, something went wrong and the relationship between SM and the four girls has always been weird. There’s indifference and I don’t know what to think. Nonetheless, I am no one to judge that. All I want to make clear is: aespa are never going to be aespa again and that’s why I feel like my dream has been crashed. My aespa dream has ended. It hurts so bad when you’re not prepared… After all they announced a third album last week.

 

And no. I am not turning my back on SM. This was a rough decision but I know what it's like to be in a place where you don't belong or feel included and sometimes... It's better to just go for it.

 

Yet, I always like to see things from the bright side and I am going to always support aespa as a group just like any of the four girls as individual acts. They’ve had an amazing and beautiful impact in my life.

 

aespa… Good luck. SM… Good Luck.

 

aespa… Thank You. You’ve given me the ultimate fan experience and you’ve been so inspirational. All of you.

 

“I want to meet you (Hey) now
(Hey, ma-ma-ma, ma-ma-ma, ma-ma-mamba)
It will swallow everything, Black Mamba” aespa, "Black Mamba”

and the fact that the girls were crying… imagine how bad that demo was and those lyrics :rip:

they really dodged a bullet 

Brave girls starting to post thank you messages on their instagrams :chick3:

4 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

I mean, if LSM made them change some of the lyrics to this green and sustainability stuff when the title was already done - can't they just change it back to original lyrics or something? if the members cried because the title was scrapped - the title track must've been really good. I know the girls' taste and none of them like girls (title track and album).

the issue is they had another song for the title track but then LSM wanted a different song for the title track which was entirely about sustainability - not a rewritten song an entirely new song - that's the song aespa cried about. and now they're trying to decide the new title track but can't decide. 

3 minutes ago, JoanneActII said:

the issue is they had another song for the title track but then LSM wanted a different song for the title track which was entirely about sustainability - not a rewritten song an entirely new song - that's the song aespa cried about. and now they're trying to decide the new title track but can't decide. 

ah I get it now. I guess, the aespa cb situation isn't really that bad since the title track is just the issue.

april - may cb might still happen. its a shame though, they're having their first tour without new music out :deadbanana:

I guess that explain the tea about a songwriting camp was made last minute from big company in Korea and they had to come up with 20+ songs last month.

1 hour ago, Asscatchem said:

FpAIUs5acAI3g_-?format=jpg&name=medium

 

visuelle :jonny5:

Visuelle's PS- I mean glow-up should be studied :jonnycat:

12 minutes ago, Axel. said:

 

mood

Giving "AWESOME SCREEN, AWESOME CAMERAA" a run for its money :jonny:

3 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

No one wants to wake up to the news I woke up to this morning. No one. I was preparing my coffee, turning on wi-fi and the first thing I read is: “aespa comeback fully scrapped and delayed”. I blinked my eyes countless times and I went on Facebook just to see more and more posts about it. I couldn’t believe it. My aespa comeback dream was over and there I was at 8AM sitting in my kitchen looking at the screen of my iPhone.

 

I know this may sound a bit too much but… Yes. Tears started falling from my eyes and they wouldn’t stop. I don’t consider this to be an over dramatic reaction like many of you could easily consider. I look at it as unconditional love, dedication and passion. Something unexplainable, no one can translate love into words or even admiration. Some people get your attention and you don’t know why. And while I am fully aware that aespa are not over, I also am aware that it’s never going to be the same. It doesn’t matter if it is Karina or Giselle or Winter or Ningning. It doesn’t. I saw this girlgroup being born when they were just four little girls. A few years later they turned into strong and confident women and extremely inspirational. They brought the term “girlgroup” back in the music industry and scored two of the biggest hits of this new decade. I was obsessed and extremely proud of it.

 

I’ve always been aware that girlgroups are not meant to last and that’s why I flew to Paris just to see them live last year. I knew this was a fast career and that’s why I spent over 800€ on this girlgroup (I’ve watched them live twice, I met them twice, I bought their music, I took a trip just to see them, paid hotel… You make the counts!). I wanted to live it as much as I could and looking back I am so proud of every single thing I did for them. They brought back my fan vein in a way I’ve never experienced before. Britney Spears, Shakira… They’re both established artists and it’s another story on how their careers are handled.

 

Every aespa fan was aware that SM was not happy. Ever since “Black Mamba” became a smash, something went wrong and the relationship between SM and the four girls has always been weird. There’s indifference and I don’t know what to think. Nonetheless, I am no one to judge that. All I want to make clear is: aespa are never going to be aespa again and that’s why I feel like my dream has been crashed. My aespa dream has ended. It hurts so bad when you’re not prepared… After all they announced a third album last week.

 

And no. I am not turning my back on SM. This was a rough decision but I know what it's like to be in a place where you don't belong or feel included and sometimes... It's better to just go for it.

 

Yet, I always like to see things from the bright side and I am going to always support aespa as a group just like any of the four girls as individual acts. They’ve had an amazing and beautiful impact in my life.

 

aespa… Good luck. SM… Good Luck.

 

aespa… Thank You. You’ve given me the ultimate fan experience and you’ve been so inspirational. All of you.

 

“I want to meet you (Hey) now
(Hey, ma-ma-ma, ma-ma-ma, ma-ma-mamba)
It will swallow everything, Black Mamba” aespa, "Black Mamba”

:ahh:

Just now, MonsterNavy said:

ah I get it now. I guess, the aespa cb situation isn't really that bad since the title track is just the issue.

april - may cb might still happen. its a shame though, they're having their first tour without new music out :deadbanana:

hopefully they atleast release thirsty as a pre-release single since they're perfoming it :bird: 

sm has a history of being absolute idiots when it comes to balancing comebacks and touring, like with nct 127 their tour was so drawn out they had a comeback half way through the tour :rip: and then only performed 2 tracks off the album. then had their recent comeback days after the tour ended :rip: 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.