Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

18 minutes ago, hétérosexuelle said:

what do koreans think of them? Do we know?

 

are they being racist already 

Idk, but they won't be pushed in Koria (i think), so it doesn't matter.

 

azealia-banks-azealia-dancing.gif

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

I like g-idle and wish them well

 

but i’ll never get how nude and especially queen card became hits

 

they’re such mumbo jumbo hodge pudge nonsensical messes :ghostface:

Just in time to end Kelp….er Riel is so debuting Burmese diva serves natural eatery and 5th gen leader energy :jonnycat:

 

2 minutes ago, BlackAura said:

Idk, but they won't be pushed in Koria (i think), so it doesn't matter.

 

azealia-banks-azealia-dancing.gif

mess i see

 

On another note, i wonder how sm + jyp + yg feel about not being able to compete with NewJennies any time soon

 

you think they have nightmares about NewJennies murdering them in their sleep?

 

azealia-banks-azealia-dancing.gif

 

 

It's a kii, because YG is keeping tabs on NewJeans, but are doing nothing like them with Babymonsters.... the music is still YG/not evolving, their marketing strategy/promotion is exactly the opposite.... like at least steal properly, like SM or JYP

 

1688647802-f0v8yujaaairqhk.jpeg

 

azealia-banks-azealia-dancing.gif

 

Not YG being exposed for having aespa and now NewJennies on their moodboards :deadbanana:

"Irrelevant in Korea" then why are they outgrossing every 4th gen group in Korea? :suburban:

---------

 

Anyways, do not speak on my Oppas thank you :celestial5:

 

Edited by Pluto2022

:coffee2:

 

also when was the last time dispatch revealed an idol couple? i feel like it’s been at least two years :rip:

Edited by hallucinate

4 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

:coffee2:

 

also when was the last time dispatch revealed an idol couple? i feel like it’s been at least two years :rip:

:coffee2:i hope we are getting something juicy on their annual New Year's couple reveal

These are such a look :allears: I love when stylists have fun at award shows

 

 

I also desperately need Aespa to cover Rum Pum Pum Pum wearing these now  :loki: Just imagine, especially if they add their own little twist

 

 

231202-aespa-twitter-update-melon-music-

She’s totally serving c here. Love this styling on her omg 

 

 

Oh right! :mandown: The chance of this happening is in the negatives but I love to dream

 

 

I want to know who is Annabelle (Belle from Kiss Of Life) mother is... Like we know her dad, but how can she have Nile Rodgers as a friend,  and have worked with him on 5 different songs...

2 minutes ago, Sorecer said:

She’s totally serving c here. Love this styling on her omg 

 

 

This is from the new Amazing Saturday right? I thought the same when I saw it. She looks amazing :clap3:

2 minutes ago, gigantopithecus said:

This is from the new Amazing Saturday right? I thought the same when I saw it. She looks amazing :clap3:

Yeah the last ep :superman:

1 hour ago, Pluto2022 said:

Leave SKZ alone! :biblionny:
It’s funny how you only look at digitals and don’t wanna compare sales, streams and touring or even global charting when it comes to SKZ, since you usually use these other metrics to determine who’s the biggest gg etc. :suburban:

Mama, I put your faves at #1 for boy groups. I don’t deny that they’re huge and definitely the 4th gen top boy group.

 

I just didn’t compare the top girl groups to the top boy groups because there’s a ton of sexism that the boy groups benefit from that holds down our girl groups. The boy groups thrive off of bulk buying and fans mass streaming (just look at the TXT stans posting their fraudulent ass Spotify Wrappeds on Twitter). I bring up Korean digitals because their charting system weeds out fraudulent streams, exposing that it’s a very small number of people making these boy groups look huge. I recognize that the boy groups are big within a small niche, but the fanbases manipulate numbers to pretend they have gp appeal. Look at ENHYPEN:

 

FEVER

Spotify - 291M streams

Circle - 0 points (0 verified streams)

 

Drunk Dazed

Spotify - 246M

Circle - 5.9M points (~983k verified streams)

 

Meanwhile Aespa, IVE, NewJeans, ITZY, G-IDLE, LSF and STAYC all have at least one song that has more digital points than the entire careers of every fourth gen boy group combined :deadbanana: Their organic success can not be compared to the fanbase-manipulated success of male acts.

23 minutes ago, Xalric said:

I want to know who is Annabelle (Belle from Kiss Of Life) mother is... Like we know her dad, but how can she have Nile Rodgers as a friend,  and have worked with him on 5 different songs...

Maybe they met through writer camps? Through the connections between producers and stuff

I don't think it's a really wide circle of people so it's possible they crossed paths

The hate for Gidle here is insane :deadbanana2: Like the girls are indeed popular and their recent success is deserved by the fun bops and their charisma on stage. Love her or hate her, Soyeon more than delivers and has a big personality when shes up there. Songs don't have to be serious to be good and "my boob and booty hot" bops if you lighten up

 

Like this was easily one of the best stages from the year end awards this year. These girls pack more personality and fun in one performance than a lot of groups combined

 

 

2 minutes ago, Eternium said:

Mama, I put your faves at #1 for boy groups. I don’t deny that they’re huge and definitely the 4th gen top boy group.

 

I just didn’t compare the top girl groups to the top boy groups because there’s a ton of sexism that the boy groups benefit from that holds down our girl groups. The boy groups thrive off of bulk buying and fans mass streaming (just look at the TXT stans posting their fraudulent ass Spotify Wrappeds on Twitter). I bring up Korean digitals because their charting system weeds out fraudulent streams, exposing that it’s a very small number of people making these boy groups look huge. I recognize that the boy groups are big within a small niche, but the fanbases manipulate numbers to pretend they have gp appeal. Look at ENHYPEN:

 

FEVER

Spotify - 291M streams

Circle - 0 points (0 verified streams)

 

Drunk Dazed

Spotify - 246M

Circle - 5.9M points (~983k verified streams)

 

Meanwhile Aespa, IVE, NewJeans, ITZY, G-IDLE, LSF and STAYC all have at least one song that has more digital points than the entire careers of every fourth gen boy group combined :deadbanana: Their organic success can not be compared to the fanbase-manipulated success of male acts.

Well Korean digitals are just 1 metric, that most bgs aren’t even benefitting from, since bgs tend to do worse on digitals than ggs in Korea in general. Whatever happens with bgs in Korea has nothing to do with their global numbers though. ENHYPEN (since you have used them as an example) are indeed more popular overseas, hence why their Spotify numbers are way bigger than their MelOn numbers. Like it’s shouldn’t be that hard to figure out :hoetenks:

 

I have question for you:

 

Who would you say has the bigger career between ENHYPEN and STAYC for example? 

And on the topic of great performers, Drama is easily Aespa's best era for me :jonny5: The girls ate up MMA and every other stage they've touched with this song

 

 

The charisma, styling, song, choreography, everything is just perfect for me

 

754051286886a4bdc08ef30974c807e37ff988b0

According to my last.fm Stray Kids, ITZY and NewJeans are the top 3 4th gen groups

 

spacer.png

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.