Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, Sailor Moon said:

And it seems that they are pushing Chiquita a lot now .. (which I have no complaints, but it's quite visible?)

I think Chikita snatched most of Ahyeon's lines for this song.

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

the verses are promising but YG"s obsession with chants in the end should be studied n

Both are ggs

both are hiphop girlcrush focusing on rap

both have 09 girls

both debuted in fall

both are 5th gen

 

Who did it better?

 

 

now we wait for Mel to say it's the best gg debut since Blackpink

 

ln0599e.gif

the verses are great, but that CHORUS...

the ending was cute though 

 

moo.png

People saying the ending sounds like a Treasure song...... you must be knew.

 

 

ok the rap ATE and I like the outro

 

Chiquita and Rami really shined. I was also genuinely surprised with Pharita, she snapped :clap3:

 

 

batter up isn’t bad but i wouldn’t call it debut material :skull:

the girls are talented BUT due to their ages they really can’t pull of that badass concept the way BP did :rip:

Edited by hallucinate

I know they are young but it’s the first time I’m watching a YG gg and not seeing anyone with a BIG charisma, the group is clearly not ready :coffee2:… 

 

also it’s the first time YG didn’t brags about the mv budget and we can tell! Idk what’s happening behind the scene between BP renewal, Teddy not being involved and choosing to focus on Mnet new show and Ahyeon absence but YG is going DOWN :dies:

Edited by Adama

I enjoyed that but BATTER UP would have been better as a song for a JenLisa subunit. Something more poppy/EDM would be a better way to introduce the girls with how young they are. I'll wait for the REAL debut :clap3:

BM is so Treasure like 

 

really there is nothing that hints about their identity, literally an usual YG sound 

YG is just so lost 

1 minute ago, hallucinate said:

batter up isn’t bad but i wouldn’t call it debut material :skull:

It's the type of B-Side people swears it would be good as title track.

2 minutes ago, Flomik said:

Both are ggs

both are hiphop girlcrush focusing on rap

both have 09 girls

both debuted in fall

both are 5th gen

 

Who did it better?

 

 

macaroni holds the throne >>>>>>>>>

OMG BATTER UP is like a better version of Kill This Love / HYLT / Pink Venom :jonny5:

BP can disband now and they don't need Teddy uninspired ass

What happened to YG's money, everything looked so low cost...? 

 

The song is just very mid and I don't think it really showed what any of their strengths are supposed to be. It was giving discount XG to me.

I'm pissed cause the pre-chorus is great but then that chorus....this group is DOA without Teddy 

moo.png

 

I'm here for the Chiquita push, she's the only interesting member to me. I will say Ruka & Asa ate the rap as usual with YG groups, but the whole thing gave one of the millions of BP clones that popped up during 2018-2019. Doesn't really help that they're all so young

Edited by Billionaire

2 minutes ago, Xalric said:

It's the type of B-Side people swears it would be good as title track.

this is honestly the perfect way to describe it :dies:

love their voices, they all have really unique tones. however, they brought nothing new to the table and the song sounds like a blackpink reject (and probably is). it doesn’t help that they decided to style them as 6 lisas

Teddy really had nothing to do with Batter Up? Then why is the chorus still like that?

 

:suburban:

 

But other than that the song is cute I guess.

1 minute ago, Winmill De Kwynn said:

OMG BATTER UP is like a better version of Kill This Love / HYLT / Pink Venom :jonny5:

BP can disband now and they don't need Teddy uninspired ass

Absolutely not. How You Like that is one of the best K-pop songs ever

Wait I didn’t know BABYMONSTER debuted today and I thought they debuted tomorrow instead like usual Monday comebacks!???? :redface:
Like why would YG make them debut on a Sunday and at this specific time, when this time is usually the time when companies tease comebacks etc.? 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.