K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

Did not realize next month has always been so iconic with the serves :jonny2: the girls about to come off that holiday ready to slay

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 132.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

Today is 9 years since Jessica was Removed from SNSD :dancehall2:

Pour one for the dead Taegsic mini album and Duets we will never have thanks to SM

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Pour one for the dead Taegsic mini album and Duets we will never have thanks to SM

I was feeling extra powerful today but couldn't place why. :foxaylove2:

Spoiler

This is a joke in case that one akgae doesnt realize :foxaylove2:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 minutes ago, Century said:

I was feeling extra powerful today but couldn't place why. :foxaylove2:

Hide contents

This is a joke in case that one akgae doesnt realize :foxaylove2:

Genuine question, jokes aside what do you have against the good sis :deadbanana4:She literally was a founding member of the soshi trinity. 

34 minutes ago, IvyTower said:

Genuine question, jokes aside what do you have against the good sis :deadbanana4:She literally was a founding member of the soshi trinity. 

I still live for ha in old ot9 videos but her actions since 930 have really left a sour taste in my mouth, especially the books. They really shocked me and I became a literal anti for like a year(this is so cringe looking back sglkfj). Seeing people defend this person who is of questionable moral standards and trash the 8 members who put Sone and each other as their main priority bothers me in the context of her dating a criminal and flaking on contractual duties both during and after her run at SM. SNSD obviously aren't as perfect as they project but they don't have the rap sheet that Jessica Jung has.

The lawsuits filed against her for not fulfilling contractual obligations as an entertainer in recent years really cemented in my eyes the truth of why she was kicked out. She was missing rehearsals and meetings with the company as alleged, but still wanted to benefit from being a member of SNSD when it suited her, her behavior since backs this up even if it was just conjecture and rumors at the time. 

To think she only had 11 months left in her contract when this all happened too and she could have waited it out instead of giving up on soshi then trying to paint them as villains for cheap promotion. There was a real opportunity for her to still prioritize her fashion brand and leave SNSD, but in a much healthier way.

tl;dr: a mix of her lying books that both her and her fans have smugly passed off as based in truth and just the general behavior of her fans towards SNSD, especially Taeyeon who has endured all the blame even before the lying books cosigned that narrative.

Edited by Century
  • Thumbs Down 1

48 minutes ago, Century said:

I still live for ha in old ot9 videos but her actions since 930 have really left a sour taste in my mouth, especially the books. They really shocked me and I became a literal anti for like a year(this is so cringe looking back sglkfj). Seeing people defend this person who is of questionable moral standards and trash the 8 members who put Sone and each other as their main priority bothers me in the context of her dating a criminal and flaking on contractual duties both during and after her run at SM. SNSD obviously aren't as perfect as they project but they don't have the rap sheet that Jessica Jung has.

The lawsuits filed against her for not fulfilling contractual obligations as an entertainer in recent years really cemented in my eyes the truth of why she was kicked out. She was missing rehearsals and meetings with the company as alleged, but still wanted to benefit from being a member of SNSD when it suited her, her behavior since backs this up even if it was just conjecture and rumors at the time. 

To think she only had 11 months left in her contract when this all happened too and she could have waited it out instead of giving up on soshi then trying to paint them as villains for cheap promotion. There was a real opportunity for her to still prioritize her fashion brand and leave SNSD, but in a much healthier way.

tl;dr: a mix of her lying books that both her and her fans have smugly passed off as based in truth and just the general behavior of her fans towards SNSD, especially Taeyeon who has endured all the blame even before the lying books cosigned that narrative.

At the end of the day none of us really know the details, but I respect your opinion. As I’ve already said I’m biased because when I met them Sica definitely went above and beyond :jonnycat:

• Like 1

• ATRL Administrator
1 hour ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Happy anniversary to Taeyeon getting rid of the dead weight and ascending to legend status. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

:redface:Jessica being SNSD’s main vocalist and 3rd most popular member during thier peak. Deadweight where? :deadbanana: And her debut was a #1 best selling solo album that year on Gaon. Let’s not erase Jessica’s popularity now

Edited by Gorjesspazze9
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Mitsuki said:

For an airport outfit? Nicolas Ghesquière really likes Felix 

Not the earbuds too :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, katyberry said:

Oh girl… 

Lmao maybe they like a bit of mess too, is the thing rappers use with gold and diamonds but red 

this clip is dumb but I've never seen more delusional motherfuckers than the Little Felixsters in the comment section :deadbanana4:

Screenshot-2023-09-30-at-2-48-26-AM.png

Screenshot-2023-09-30-at-2-49-22-AM.png

Screenshot-2023-09-30-at-2-49-34-AM.png

Screenshot-2023-09-30-at-2-50-05-AM.png

Screenshot-2023-09-30-at-2-55-01-AM.png

Screenshot-2023-09-30-at-2-55-14-AM.png

Bonus:

Screenshot-2023-09-30-at-2-48-54-AM.png

Screenshot-2023-09-30-at-2-55-56-AM.png

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, aesthetic bih said:

IT'S A HIT! :jonny:

The bar is so damn low for boygroup but slay i guess

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, aesthetic bih said:

Wait, she's got SOUL :jamming:

I mean she wrote, composed and did background vocals on these songs

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sept said:

The bar is so damn low for boygroup but slay i guess

The thing with boy groups is that their songs can H*r*shima bomb on the charts, but most of them will somehow rack up hundreds of millions in streams and video views in time + sell millions of albums. So, like getting a "high peak" in the charts is like a cute little bonus i guess :redface: