Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

one thing is for sure, the newjeans influence this year is gonna be insufferable, not ready to see 90% of groups getting artsy fartsy :rip:

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

6 minutes ago, Gaia said:

That doesn’t make AL any less generic. IWS has been sampled many times to the point where the sound is honestly “generic” besides, the chorus to AL is so basic “you-u and I-I are more than like” like :rip: 

 

Ive is the definition of generic but that’s their point. They’re there to release generic bops to smash and promote Wonyoung

I don’t disagree when people said that IVE music is generic, but saying it’s Taio Cruz type of songs is  :deadbanana4: (even if Dynamite used to me the song).


 

35 minutes ago, Sept said:

And LSRF truly snatched Impurities from NJ's demo stacks (which have been discussed in this thread before) :giraffe:

so NJ and RV share some similarities :cm:. NJ should have keep it. Idk why LSRFM take it 

3 minutes ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

one thing is for sure, the newjeans influence this year is gonna be insufferable, not ready to see 90% of groups getting artsy fartsy :rip:

Like Loona :mandown: (RIP) 

17 minutes ago, Antunes said:

red velvet stans making up that nj’s music sounds like rv’s so that they can be associated and take credit for something successful/relevant :laugh:

What do you think Min Hee Jin does? I think it’s funny that you girls have to pretend that NJ’s concept is something new so you don’t have to stan an SM’d group.

9 minutes ago, Rainy Devil said:

I really liked both OMG and Stamp On It. What a great start for this year. :jonny5:

2023 will be legendary. We just have so many groups due for two-three comebacks this year.

1 minute ago, Zack said:

Wendy has been outsinging her 2/2 times in GOT The Beat now, so no.

Wendy carried Stamp On It but Yawn was more memorable on Step Back sorry :giraffe:

Just now, Adama said:

I don’t disagree when people said that IVE music is generic, but saying it’s Taio Cruz type of songs is  :deadbanana4: (even if Dynamite used to me the song).


 

so NJ and RV share some similarities :cm:. NJ should have keep it. Idk why LSRFM take it 

Exactly. I want to see more cohesion from Sakura & friends. They should stick to ***** bopping songs

 

The Taio Cruz is a joke since he's the epitome of generic faceless pop music :gayalipacat5:

One thing I need this year is for SM to promote my girl JOY more

 

She was literally absent in SMCU Palace. She needs to get her 1st original solo debut this year.

OMG was cute but they’re having a streak of their album release date single not being as good as their lead singles. 

Attention/Hypeboy = Ditto

Cookie = OMG

 

The mv was one of the best I’ve seen in years though. So much fun. Silly plot. 10/10:clap3: MHJ is a visionary.

So when FADspa comback?
IVE and NJs are bout to snatch the throne and SM give them a GOT comback instead? :rip:

3 minutes ago, Zack said:

One thing I need this year is for SM to promote my girl JOY more

 

She was literally absent in SMCU Palace. She needs to get her 1st original solo debut this year.

I think she’s promoted well it’s just that she doesn’t seem to be as passionate for her own music career as she is acting. She should be releasing more music tbh

5 minutes ago, Zack said:

One thing I need this year is for SM to promote my girl JOY more

 

She was literally absent in SMCU Palace. She needs to get her 1st original solo debut this year.

She wants to be an actress. The curse continues :weeps: 

1 minute ago, OrionHwang said:

So when FADspa comback?
IVE and NJs are bout to snatch the throne and SM give them a GOT comback instead? :rip:

Aespa will be late February/early March. They’re wrapping up everything on their first album now.

Even though I didnt really feel attention/hype boy and havent heard the rest of that mini I really like "Ditto", so far i'm not into "OMG" yet.

 

is the woman that created this group responsable for creating or contributing to red velvet and other groups? Why did she left SM?, They must be kicking themselves right now, also I believe a lot of companies are thinking on how to create their own new jeans or implement a bit of their sound/esthetic into their own 4th gen groups 

2 minutes ago, Cotton said:

I think she’s promoted well it’s just that she doesn’t seem to be as passionate for her own music career as she is acting. She should be releasing more music tbh

I disagree, I think she doesn't enjoy the acting but SM keeps pushing her to it.

She has said in interviews that she wants to release her own original songs. All of her hits are covers.

 

SMCU Palace would have been a good opportunity for SM to give her at least some new music activities this year, but she got nothing.

20 minutes ago, Cotton said:

3 mins of Jisoo :toofunny3:

She has one of the most unpleasant tones I’ve ever heard in Kpop. I cannot stand her singing voice. I will skip on her solo entirely :rip: 

I love basic music but I Hope aespa doesn’t forget their route because NJ and IVE are smashing. They need to keep the fun as long they don’t release a shitty songs like Girls. :msmarvel:
 

 

NJ is what Lonna could’ve been so much wasted potential. 

Can someone explain the Min Heejin situation.... is she the Jaden Jeong of NewJeans? Im confused 

Just now, willmcclure9 said:

Can someone explain the Min Heejin situation.... is she the Jaden Jeong of NewJeans? Im confused 

She was a creative director at SM from 2002-2018 where she worked with f(x), Red Velvet, SNSD etc. but she left in 2019 after a year of being on SM's executive board.

 

She then joined a HYBE subsidiary company ADOR and began developing her own girl group, which is NewJeans.

I need more hyperpop excellence from adspa :chick3:

 

Give us good disjointed experimental bops, not NCT rejects. This their only chance to reclaim the queens of 4th gen title. 

3 minutes ago, Zack said:

I disagree, I think she doesn't enjoy the acting but SM keeps pushing her to it.

She has said in interviews that she wants to release her own original songs. All of her hits are covers.

 

SMCU Palace would have been a good opportunity for SM to give her at least some new music activities this year, but she got nothing.

She did say that tbh. Well at least we’re on the same page of wanting new music. I guess she didn’t have a comeback last year since it was kinda booked with RV and Seulgi. Let’s hope she releases a mini this year bc there’s so much untapped potential there

 

3 minutes ago, Gaia said:

She has one of the most unpleasant tones I’ve ever heard in Kpop. I cannot stand her singing voice. I will skip on her solo entirely :rip: 

No fr it’s not even an exaggeration she has one of the WORST tones in Kpop. The song would have to be stellar for me to ignore that :rip:

5 hours ago, Mel. said:

right, gimme the preorder link NOW!

I’m ready to buy every version. Milk me dry YGly. 

Kpop is so fun when there is competition. Look at all this innovation. YG better be taking notes. No more blackpinked noise for Baemon or they’re gonna end up like Nmess

 

 

spacer.png

Joy should remain with red velvet but leave SM for her solo work and find a company that push her more, I feel she wants to put out more music than she actually does 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.