Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

SPICY/OMG > KITSCH > I AM > UNFORGIVEN > QUEENCARD > PIECE OF **** > somi discography

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

15 minutes ago, Pikachu said:

 

them pulling their imaginary ponytails and an Ariana riff on the ariana line :bibliahh:so unserious nnnn

Eunchae lowkey outdances aespa's dance line in that clip, the stage presence of LSF is unmatched I fear

spacer.png

15 hours ago, Mitsuki said:

When I want to defend something or someone, I use counter-arguments to prove my point right (how I did to Adama, when I disagreed Chan ignored Hyunjin's issue) and It will probably end up being an essay, but I didn't. I just saw you guys talking and thought "Well, this is another episode of Bang Chan speaking his mind and being controversial" 

Did he actually talk about the bullying?

14 hours ago, BTS said:

 

 

13 hours ago, Gaia said:

The problem with BTS is its hard to know when any of their success is legitmate because of how OBSESSED the fanbase is with stats. 

 

If Dynamite has 1.65B streams on Spotify but 70% are the result of fans mass streaming daily for MONTHS for chart achievements - that's not impressive. Sure, that would still be 500M streams of "GP" which by all means is still impressive, but not some mega smash.

 

Butter has 1.1B streams and that song absolutely no one in the GP knows. It was ENTIRELY fan driven. Even Permission to Dance which many fans didn't even care about for more than 2 weeks is at 600M. 

 

Their stats are so inflated by stans with their streaming farms that we can't take any of their success seriously. 

I still think Dynamite is more famous but not more popular because it was mostly about the fandom and label push.

13 hours ago, BTS said:

That’s why I listed Radio charts as well as main country music charts.

 

BTS had a 300% increase in listeners when Dynamite dropped X.

 

In total dynamite had 85.3M unique listeners in 2020 (116.9M in 2021) with 26.9M Spotify followers // 31.5 Monthly listeners. 

 

Gaia you were around for Dynamite you know it was everywhere. It had great playlisting too. 
 

70% is an absolute made up percentage.

 

BTS had 13.5 million monthly listeners in August 2020. By December that was 31.5M.

Their streams are at maximum 42% fandom driven. Which would still make it almost a billion GP streams. 

ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

 

2 hours ago, ANTIclimatic said:

This might be a sign of them being brand ambassadors but I don’t want Giselle to represent Dolce & Gabbana. 

Could just be a one off shoot for the brand.

1 hour ago, Adama said:

I understand now why The BP encore dates are always on weekend! Only Jisoo is back in Seoul. The others are always flying somewhere:dies:

 

 

Almost every Kpop concert in Asia is on the weekend or Friday.

12 minutes ago, Harrier said:

It is interesting how G-idle have 3rd gen sales numbers despite being typically considered the first 4th gen group.

They are quite GP oriented I guess but considering the level of digital smashery I would expect much more

They don't have the big 4 privilege. Yes, Cube is known but these girls had to work for it after debut.

I FEEL B-sides are also really really good!! 

 

Lucid, All Night & PARADISE!! >>> :heart2:

I don't like this pivot of G-ISIS

 

They used to serve BP-knocked-off ethnic pop which are BOPS. These rock-chick pops are not it

 

spacer.png

The world will be in order again once Soyeon steps down from being the Leader and Miyeon takes over 

 

spacer.png

 

That's why KDA makes bops cuz Ahri is Leader, not Akali

 

think about it

 

spacer.png

OMG>Spicy>unforgiven>I Am but all 10/10 at least, let me listen ti girdle

 

I need Gidle to go back to this type of sound immediately.

14 minutes ago, the good guy_duh said:

The world will be in order again once Soyeon steps down from being the Leader and Miyeon takes over 

 

spacer.png

 

That's why KDA makes bops cuz Ahri is Leader, not Akali

 

think about it

 

spacer.png

The best k/da song doesn't even have GIDLE on it ctfu

 

 

37 minutes ago, Harrier said:

It is interesting how G-idle have 3rd gen sales numbers despite being typically considered the first 4th gen group.

They are quite GP oriented I guess but considering the level of digital smashery I would expect much more

They sold one million albums only 3 GG from 3rd passed that mark???? 

I’ll give g-idle this one little thing, their music video actually makes sense in the context of their song. 
 

A kpop rarity :clap3: 

Spicy>OMG>>>>>I Am>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Unforgiven>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>≥>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Queencard

32 minutes ago, Get said:

Could just be a one off shoot for the brand.

 

Most likely. I honestly don’t see SM pushing for them to be individual brand ambassadors especially for ningselle. 

51 minutes ago, Harrier said:

It is interesting how G-idle have 3rd gen sales numbers despite being typically considered the first 4th gen group.

They are quite GP oriented I guess but considering the level of digital smashery I would expect much more

they sold 1.1m.....im not sure how much more you can expect tbh

7 hours ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

 

so is this Lee Hyun or what

 

the vocals sound too real to be computer generated

 

michael-jackson.gif

 

so Lee Hyun sang the song in Korean

and the AI was able to clone his voice and make it in different languages...That's interesting...

michael-jackson.gif

 

is this the end of some idols' horrible English pronunciation in songs?

michael-jackson.gif

can you imagine the serve if greencard was entirely in korean?

giphy.gif

HYBE must be paying extra dollars to their idols for dancing TikTok challenges cause they be releasing 10 videos per day

 

ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

50 minutes ago, katyberry said:

The same way Giselle didn’t stop aespa from singing “you make me feel me good do you wanna upside down, you make me feel me good don’t you wanna up and down” :rip: They have no control probably idk  

that line is a CLASSIC though.

 

ibde2iUDKHGuRV.gif

1 minute ago, Sheegs said:

POP MUSIC EMERGENCY

 

 

oh ***** I'm ready for the serve :jonny5: and they are keeping the 9 shtick, Miss Jang Gyuri you will always be famous :clap3:

nevermind, just noticed the bracelet only has 8 pieces (+ the fromis_9 little thingy) :monkey:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.