Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

so we can safely expect Red Velvet sales decreasing after the massive bomb of Birthday. :bunny:

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

1 minute ago, Witnessed ET said:

:dies:
 

it’s funny how they always randomly come for Twice with the same old “Hanteo sales” obsession as if there are no other stores or platforms to buy albums from. And yet they cry like a victim when you bring up RV to give them the same taste of their medicine. The hypocrisy is hilarious. 

Hello! Hope you've had a wonderful day so far! 

 

Does mentioning TWICE when other people were already discussing JYP GGs in this thread, count as "randomly"? 

 

And is Red Velvet a JYP GG? Last time I checked they weren't. But maybe you're more informed than I am!

Just now, Zack said:

Hello! Hope you've had a wonderful day so far! 

 

Does mentioning TWICE when other people were already discussing JYP GGs in this thread, count as "randomly"? 

 

And is Red Velvet a JYP GG? Last time I checked they weren't. But maybe you're more informed than I am!

I know you’re always WAITING for the opportunity to jump on any Twice drag with your centered essays so spare me the innocence miss Zachary :gaycat2:

1 hour ago, Pikachu said:

 

 

48 minutes ago, Zack said:

Hi there. How are you? I hope you're doing well! While you're here, look up the jumps between GW, CIL and Checkmate whilst releasing repeat flop songs sweetie. Plus there's also Cheshire (the song) to think about. :emofish:

 

As for the rest, how do you explain why every GG that has achieved 1.2M+ pre-orders recently has gone on to achieve 1M sales on Hanteo within a week of release (some such as aespa, BP and LSF doing it in the first day)...except one. Especially as more and more stores are becoming Hanteo affiliated. I won't shout "fraud" like you and others commonly do....but hmm. 

 

And nothing to say about NMIXX? 

 

And despite you inserting them into a discussion about JYP GGs, what is there to worry about RV? Their gap between Hanteo and Circle is minimal and they snatched a hit last year. It's giving organic increase I'm afraid. Thanks for the concern though :michael:

 

Cheshire wouldn't have had anything do with it's sales as most sales of Kpop albums are from pre orders, so most albums are bought even before the release of the song. You'll usually find the impact of the song on the next release. I wouldn't be surprised if Cheshire impacts Itzy's next album's sales.

 

 

 

omg no wonder they sold out Atade De France with ease.

4 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

I know you’re always WAITING for the opportunity to jump on any Twice drag with your centered essays so spare me the innocence miss Zachary :gaycat2:

Perhaps one day I'll learn to be as impartial and non-contentious as you purport to be. An aspiration. 

 

2 minutes ago, Get said:

 

Cheshire wouldn't have had anything do with it's sales as most sales of Kpop albums are from pre orders, so most albums are bought even before the release of the song. You'll usually find the impact of the song on the next release. I wouldn't be surprised if Cheshire impacts Itzy's next album's sales.

We'll have to see what happens. I wonder if sales will reach a ceiling generally at some point soon though. It's been interesting to watch. 

6 hours ago, motherpills said:

i don't understand

Well most east asian gays go for certain aesthetic, ripped bodies short haircuts but you could think a "Twink" aesthetic is more popular 

that once witnessing another once bringing RV into the argument even though the topic wasn't even about RV :bibliahh:

 

safe to say all that 3 jyp gg are some of the worst group of all time (not just kpop)

 

wonder girl's legacy being ruined by them :weeps:

Highest 1st day of sales by female groups on Hanteo history:       
 

1. #aespa, MY WORLD — 1,372,929
2. #LESSERAFIM, UNFORGIVEN — 1,024,034   
3. #BLACKPINK, BORN PINK — 1,011,266   
4. #aespa, Girls — 806,891
5. #GIDLE, I FEEL — 612,450 *still counting*

8 minutes ago, Zack said:

Perhaps one day I'll learn to be as impartial and non-contentious as you purport to be. An aspiration. 

 

We'll have to see what happens. I wonder if sales will reach a ceiling generally at some point soon though. It's been interesting to watch. 

You should! Wow that’s some growth. 

31 minutes ago, Zack said:

The ~350k was in reference to Guess Who, not CIL, which is now at around 365k actually. 

 

Impressive sales, but in the context of no real hits in the same time frame...interesting. 

Even without hits so many groups album sales increased as more and more people kept getting into Kpop. If you look at the big company groups you'll barely find any group that decreased it's albums since the pandemic in 2020. You'll find so many of them without any hits. And while In the Morning and Loco obviously weren't widely loved songs like Wannabe they also weren't panned completely like Cheshire, those songs did have an audience.

Edited by Get

25 minutes ago, Zack said:

Perhaps one day I'll learn to be as impartial and non-contentious as you purport to be. An aspiration. 

 

We'll have to see what happens. I wonder if sales will reach a ceiling generally at some point soon though. It's been interesting to watch. 

As more and more people keep getting into Kpop and the group still maintains relevance the sales probably won't stop increasing. Of course they could lose relevance by releasing downright horrible songs but we'll see what happens. Maybe JYP will figure it out with their girl groups.

Edited by Get

 

 

Sometimes they need to take away Soyeon's pen and make them spit bars instead :jonny: 

1 hour ago, Pikachu said:

 

I've seen Aespa visit radio shows a lot more than other groups even for releases like Dreams come true and Forever. Does it actually help their songs chart in Korea?

CHART 15/05

 

"I AM" by @IVE_twt  has now spent 29 days at #1 on MelOn Daily Chart and "Kitsch" has now spent 7 weeks on MelOn Weekly Chart Top 10 (#3 this week).

 

LE SSERAFIM (@le_sserafim) becomes the fastest K-pop girlgroup in history to enter Billboard 200 Top 10, as "UNFORGIVEN" debuts at #6 with 45,000 units. "UNFORGIVEN (feat. Nile Rodgers)" reaches a new peak of #2 (+1) on MelOn Weekly Chart. It has now spent 2 weeks in the Top 10.

 

"DREAM (PRE-DEBUT SONG)" by BABYMONSTER (@YGBABYMONSTER_) is now the #1 trending video on YouTube Worldwide.

 

"I FEEL" by @G_I_DLE has recorded 1.1 million pre-orders.

"FLOWER" by JISOO of @BLACKPINK has now spent 6 weeks on MelOn Weekly Chart Top 10 (#4 this week).

 

2 minutes ago, enjebas2 said:

CHART 15/05

 

"I AM" by @IVE_twt  has now spent 29 days at #1 on MelOn Daily Chart and "Kitsch" has now spent 7 weeks on MelOn Weekly Chart Top 10 (#3 this week).

 

LE SSERAFIM (@le_sserafim) becomes the fastest K-pop girlgroup in history to enter Billboard 200 Top 10, as "UNFORGIVEN" debuts at #6 with 45,000 units. "UNFORGIVEN (feat. Nile Rodgers)" reaches a new peak of #2 (+1) on MelOn Weekly Chart. It has now spent 2 weeks in the Top 10.

 

"DREAM (PRE-DEBUT SONG)" by BABYMONSTER (@YGBABYMONSTER_) is now the #1 trending video on YouTube Worldwide.

 

"I FEEL" by @G_I_DLE has recorded 1.1 million pre-orders.

"FLOWER" by JISOO of @BLACKPINK has now spent 6 weeks on MelOn Weekly Chart Top 10 (#4 this week).

 

WOMEN are WINNING

 

KTRL still in shambles!

I honestly did not expect for FLOWER to be such a longevity smash in Korea

 

Worldwide it kinda died down very fast but Korea seems to love it especially after that TikTok challenge

Edited by Flomik

queencard lyrics is making me scream

it’s terrible but in a campy way so i kind of stan :hippo:

the new idle is so trash omfg :gaycat7:

 

the way the tasteless korean gp is gonna eat it up too :gaycat7:

 

why is yuqi’s part in the second verse like that, i bet soyeon wrote that :shakeno:

 

also while we’re at it, the way miyeon says queencard gives me the ick as well :monkey:

3 minutes ago, Flomik said:

I honestly did not expect for FLOWER to be such a longevity smash in Korea

 

Worldwide it kinda died down very fast but Korea seems to love it especially after that TikTok challenge

Wdym? It is still in top 40 on Spotify (45 days)

 

 

 

 

 

54 minutes ago, WeFoundWill said:

 

 

BG stans have to be eliminated.

not wet jisoo getting brave when Kim Jiwoong serves mother every day

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.