Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

This is part 1 of the K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive discussion.

Featured Replies

thank god GOT The Beat is flopping so now SM can focus on the more important issues like aespa full album and Red Velvet tour

  • Replies 131.8k
  • Views 10.9m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • aespa #1!    MYs can have arts AND charts now No chart updates on Spicy from you then?   I think not. Nope. They're at #1 now. Consider your points deb

  • Also @Mel. now that thread banning is back your two week ban starts now. 

  • Antisocialites
    Antisocialites

    some of the new members not giving new at all 

1 hour ago, Zack said:

MYs and ReVeluvs are boycotting. RV and aespa don't have problems selling millions of albums.

 

I blame the sones for this (and Jumping BoAs if they even exist). Plus SM's horrible release strategy.

 

You're blaming SONEs for what exactly? There was boycott discourse among them too. Taeyeon is the only doll in this lineup that delivers consistently and year over year serves mpg. Her fans hate that she gets trapped doing this. At least with Hyo, the GOT catalog are songs in her wheelhouse that we could genuinely hear on a solo album. That goes double for Adspa and their NCT noiseprint. Taeyeon's creative would never engage in the thematic gunfire production and Kwanga-fied eco terrorism of the lyrics so Tae's fans want out of this mess too.

 

Nobody wins except maybe BoA I fear.

Oh so now that GOT is bombing, they’re boycotting? :dies:
Love me some good laugh.
yet the same people were dragging other artists and bragging about Step Back silly girl becoming a hit :dies:

Edited by Witnessed ET

Isn't this year when NCT contracts ends? :coffee2:

Curious how many will stay and who will leave :ducky:

 

 

You all coming for BoA:bibliahh:omg, let the hag rest, I didn't see you all coming this hard for Miss Winter despite she constantly stealing lines from Queen NingNing.

6 minutes ago, Sorecer said:

Isn't this year when NCT contracts ends? :coffee2:

Curious how many will stay and who will leave :ducky:

 

 

None of them will leave :rip: maybe Slutcas and TalentTalent but that's it.

This concept is EVERYTHING :WAP: Eunha long hair :WAP:  MAGO 2.0 arriving :WAP: 

 

 

 

 

7 minutes ago, MusicFan98 said:

None of them will leave :rip: maybe Slutcas and TalentTalent but that's it.

The one that's been gone since his scandal will probably leave officially I guess 

4 minutes ago, Sorecer said:

Isn't this year when NCT contracts ends? :coffee2:

Curious how many will stay and who will leave :ducky:

 

 

Praying for Haechan and Yuta to go, I like Johhnny but he is talentless they only used him when he is shirtless.

 

For sure WinWin and maybe they kick out Lucas.

GOT the beat mini is not great but it's def better than Birthday

 

I like Alter Ego and Outlaw :beatfreak:

18 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

This concept is EVERYTHING :WAP: Eunha long hair :WAP:  MAGO 2.0 arriving :WAP: 

 

 

 

 

Those teasers have really given me some hope for this mini :jonny5:

22 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Wait where is this from? :bloo: @Green Tea Is Green

 

 

It's from the online concert they had during covid :msmarvel:

 

Out of all of this things some kpop fans often do, which ones you fall víctim of:

 

1- I like (any) artist from (any) company so I tend to like/stan all of the artists from the same company.

 

2- I like this idol/group so I have to dislike/drag all the other that may pose as a threat to my favorites

 

3- i'm a solo stan and I dislike and drag the other members talents/skills/solo work

 

4- On comeback day/week I stream a lot of the song and video on Spotify/Youtube or more

 

5- I buy at least one version of the album to support my faves

 

6- I drag to filth the company my faves work for, for some choices I don't agree with even if I know it wouldnt make a difference

 

7- I stand by my faves until the minute they flop

 

8- I stan an idol/group the minute they start to smash 

22 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

This concept is EVERYTHING :WAP: Eunha long hair :WAP:  MAGO 2.0 arriving :WAP: 

 

 

 

 

excited for them :clap3: 

 

VIVIZ are kinda underrated, they have good b-sides and title tracks, both of their albums were good imo

32 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Oh so now that GOT is bombing, they’re boycotting? :dies:
Love me some good laugh.
yet the same people were dragging other artists and bragging about Step Back silly girl becoming a hit :dies:

I think @Zack’s point is that the fanbases aren’t supporting this the way they would a regular release and we’ve been seeing the complaints the whole way - people want Aespa’s full album and a Red Velvet tour.
 

The problem here is that SM fans are stupid - they think that if GOT The Beat didn’t happen, SM would have given them content containing their fave artists and the notion there is laughable. They’re still working on Aespa’s full album, Red Velvet just came back in November, Taeyeon hasn’t recorded anything, Hyoyeon only comes back in summer to promote DJ festivals and BoA just released. If there was no GOT, there would be no female comebacks until late February or early March.

 

It’s clear the album sales will jump on some random day due to shipments finally going out, but I think we can all agree that fanbases aren’t buying the physical the way SM thought they would.

45 minutes ago, AbsynthPop said:

 

Nobody wins except maybe BoA I fear.

The artists who gained the most from GOT The Beat are Aespa and Red Velvet. Over half of Red Velvet’s album sales came after “Step Back” despite only releasing two minis. Aespa went from 600k on their first release (catalog sales pushed it to 750k) to 1.8M and the second biggest female K-pop album ever and biggest mini ever. BoA had the smallest jump in success out of any of the artists who worked on GOT The Beat.

2 minutes ago, lauvender said:

excited for them :clap3: 

 

VIVIZ are kinda underrated, they have good b-sides and title tracks, both of their albums were good imo

Yeah, their summer album was amazing :beatfreak:

16 minutes ago, Sept said:

How many orders did Karina's bar put in for GOT? :celestial5:

Karina’s and Winter’s bars aren’t participating because they’re waiting for the full Aespa album.

It’s OVER for our faves trying to ride the Y2K bandwagon. Not TRI.BE dressing like Ashley Tisdale on a red carpet :jonny5: 

14 minutes ago, Green Tea Is Green said:

It's from the online concert they had during covid :msmarvel:

 

That Shadow performance what the **** :jonny: such a great song.

I can’t believe I missed this. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.