K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

29 minutes ago, armink said:

while we're praising miss CL... this song makes me believe love is real :heart2:

when are we getting new music from her? last time i checked she was in the studio with dua lipa

19 minutes ago, godmess said:

Singing, dancing, energy, there's a lot that needs biG improvements. They need it.

um they can do all of those things just fine. they just need to actually be more active musically because outside of just touring and the hiatuses between comeback they were not much different from the likes of us posting here lol

16 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

the way Amber Liu gave us nothing through all her time in f(x) even though she's very obviously the Ellen Degeneres of k-pop

V7Qw8q5.gif

so she too was a fake and corny ass *****?

10 minutes ago, kendoll2001 said:

LISA serving Main Global Pop Girl

they need to collab 

11 minutes ago, Century said:

This was such a collapse. :jonnycat:

i hope that we get 3 videos this era. i need a video for salty and sweet asap

• Replies 132.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, SchmoodRing said:

you know she was high along with teddy making this how?

Well, she chose to cover a song that in its entirety, is about smoking weed and getting drunk at the same time and chose to shoot a MV where she is literally up in the clouds. At the time she was living part time in the US and it was legal in the places she ran in. Idk where you're getting it that I'm an anti I'm the last person in this thread with her name in my signature. :deadbanana4:

2 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

all she needed was to keep having the music out by YG wouldn't let her, why?!

The US was still uncharted territory at the time and YG had unrealistic expectations for what they could do here as an outsider. They wanted as much control of her US output as her Korean output, and to hold back her releases  the way they do with their Korean acts(CL was never successful in Korea so it made ZERO sense to do that to her). All the stuff she managed to actually get done here in that era was based off of hard work and networking outside of YG.

Stuff like Hello ******* and Dr Pepper were soundcloud releases for MONTHS before making it to traditional streaming because she was trying to work outside of YG entirely. Not that different to what Charli had to do during her PC music era, but YG was more hostile to her attempts

8 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

THE ***** IS NOT REAL, LET IT GO

1 hour ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

1 minute ago, SchmoodRing said:

when are we getting new music from her? last time i checked she was in the studio with dua lipa

um they can do all of those things just fine. they just need to actually be more active musically because outside of just touring and the hiatuses between comeback they were not much different from the likes of us posting here lol

so she too was a fake and corny ass *****?

they need to collab 

i hope that we get 3 videos this era. i need a video for salty and sweet asap

We're already confirmed to get 2 MVs and 3 NCT-style track videos(think 2 minute MVs with a single set).

The OG Spicy :jonny5:

Edited by Flomik

52 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Italics still hasn't even acknowledged that it's kinda weird for YG to place voyeur-like cameras in their 13 year old trainees bathroom and then use the footage for internet fanservice fodder.

But anyway.

elsa.gif

:deadbanana4: how is that even legal

48 minutes ago, Century said:

I’ll behave starting now. I’m in my WWND era now(What Would Naevis Do) :gayalipacat3:

:deadbanana4:

34 minutes ago, Century said:

Welcome To My World(ft. Nævis) is coming out May 2 :gayalipacat3:

the way i can only be excited about this if naevis was portrayed by an actual person because this would be the opportunity of a lifetime :deadbanana4: adding a new member to aespa and also debuting a soloist could've been so historic if they didn't go about it the way that they are

1 hour ago, Mel. said:

The POWER they hold!!

i think by 2025 they should do the superbowl tbh

11 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

now give us aeygo

V7Qw8q5.gif

Only because you asked. 

V7Qw8q5.gif

Spoiler

👋 Hewwo, have y'all 👥 seen 🕵️♀️ Wendy fwom Wed Velvet 🍫🍰 pewfowm? 🎤🎶 She's so talented, she could make a straight guy question his sexuality! 🤔😉 Wendy's talent is so powerful that if it were harnessed for the cause of world peace, it could create a ripple effect of harmony and unity across the globe.

Hew singing 🎤 voice is so beautiful 😍 that it could make even Mariah Carey say "I can't reach those notes, girl!" 🎶👑 Wendy's vocal prowess has the potential to bring together people from all walks of life, transcending cultural and linguistic barriers and fostering a sense of understanding and empathy.

And wet's be weal, who wouldn't want to fall in wove 💕 with someone as kind 🤗, genuine 💯, and down-to-eawth 🌎 as Wendy? She's like the human version of a warm hug 🤗. Wendy's genuine and compassionate nature could inspire individuals to embody the same qualities, promoting a world where empathy and kindness are the norm rather than the exception.

But the best 👍 pawt about Wendy is hew energy . She's got that gay energy 🌈 that we all know and wove ❤️ - confidwent 💪, lively 🎉, and weady to take on the wowld 🌍. She's like a superhero with a rainbow cape! 🦸‍♀️🌈 With her infectious energy and passion, Wendy has the potential to galvanize individuals to work towards a common goal of peace and harmony.

Evewy time she pewfowms 🎤, she bwings so much joy 😁 and excitement 🤩 to the stage 🎭 that it's like a party in my pants, and everyone's invited! 🎉👖 Wendy's performances have the power to uplift and inspire people, creating a shared sense of joy and happiness that could help to alleviate conflict and division.

Wendy, if you'we weading 📖 this, pwease get on Gwindr 📱 so we can chat! 😉 Just kidding 😝, but sewiously, you're like the coolest person ever, and we wove ❤️ you and appweciate all that you do for the LGBTQ+ community 🏳️‍🌈. Keep swaying 💅, queen 👑! And if you ever need a backup dancer, just let me know 💃🕺. With her advocacy for marginalized communities, Wendy's actions demonstrate that the promotion of world peace is not just a lofty ideal, but a tangible goal that can be achieved through activism and solidarity. 🌟🌎🤝

Fun fact: Did you know dat Wendy has even been invited to pewfowm in Nowth Kowea? 🇰🇵 Her abiwity to connect with people fwom all backgwounds is a testament to the powew of music and the potential for art to bwing about positive change. 🎵🤝🌍

b2d028381a8bb50b75b9fc2262baa0bd.jpg

1 hour ago, yourcloud said:

Girl the drama... Anyway Miss Lee Chaeyeon's mini album goes off. I'm kinda shook that she rose to be the soloist from IZ*ONE that catered to gays. Queen. The way I Don't Wanna Know ended careers

Her and Eunbi both served cvnt and feD he gays :jonny6:

zhang-hao-boys-planet.thumb.gif.e75c47300fe27cedce93ee199e711cd8.gif

Edited by aesthetic bih

30 minutes ago, Mel. said:

Anyways…

it’s time to wrap this tour up! or at least for the rest of this year. I’ve had enough

it’s time for the Pinks to get back in the studio and get some more music out. They really need to capitalize off all this good press and new fans

we need at least a mini album

a sub-unit or another solo release, preferably Jennie. Sis was so tired of “Solo” she had to perform an unreleased track for this tour. She needs more music!

well jisso just debuted about a month ago so let's let her enjoy her shine. i say by the end of summer or late fall we should get at least a lead single and a proper album of actual 10 to 12 new songs. no solos being sneaked there either ala hard to love. also NO MORE MINI albums from them! YOU AND I better be used on THE IDOL and released on it's soundtrack. also not for nothing but the good sis JENNIE has always been tired for awhile now, yes shade intended 

30 minutes ago, Antisocialites said:

sorry to Giselle and co. but we will be mass-streaming Unforgiven :gayalipacat3: Though we are perched for I see that I'm SPICY. :gayalipacat3:

we can support both, i;m here for that gay bop lessafarim previewed the ones that goes imma mess mess mess

27 minutes ago, Antisocialites said:

no k-pop groups will ever reach the level of global dominance and relevance as Western boy bands/girl groups like Spice Girls, One Direction, Destiny's Child, The Jackson 5, NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, TLC... that's just a fact

elsa.gif

are you dumb? BTS and BLACKPINK are right there but ok

18 minutes ago, Witnessed ET said:

Wonwoo’s short hair always takes time to grow on me :gaycat6:

spacer.png

um they look like a couple here lol

3 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

the way i can only be excited about this if naevis was portrayed by an actual person because this would be the opportunity of a lifetime :deadbanana4: adding a new member to aespa and also debuting a soloist could've been so historic if they didn't go about it the way that they are

NCT still adds members regularly even when there aren't new units to add them to so it wouldn't be that historic. We already know from the lore that virtual beings can cross into the real world so expect a ps2 looking character like the aes to show up for a few canned performances and then on screens in the background as necessary after that. 

aespa-aespa-karina.gif

Just now, aesthetic bih said:

Her and Eunbi both served cvnt and feD he gays :jonny6:

I don't know why i forgot the chanteuse who sang

"Yeah i'm that glitch 

The perfect b.tch" 

I'm sorry everybody. I will reflect and come back with a mature image.

20 minutes ago, Century said:

Well, she chose to cover a song that in its entirety, is about smoking weed and getting drunk at the same time and chose to shoot a MV where she is literally up in the clouds. At the time she was living part time in the US and it was legal in the places she ran in. Idk where you're getting it that I'm an anti I'm the last person in this thread with her name in my signature. :deadbanana4:

The US was still uncharted territory at the time and YG had unrealistic expectations for what they could do here as an outsider. They wanted as much control of her US output as her Korean output, and to hold back her releases  the way they do with their Korean acts(CL was never successful in Korea so it made ZERO sense to do that to her). All the stuff she managed to actually get done here in that era was based off of hard work and networking outside of YG.

Stuff like Hello ******* and Dr Pepper were soundcloud releases for MONTHS before making it to traditional streaming because she was trying to work outside of YG entirely. Not that different to what Charli had to do during her PC music era, but YG was more hostile to her attempts

oh damn i didn't know all of that, thank you for informing me and educating me on the manner

19 minutes ago, Century said:

We're already confirmed to get 2 MVs and 3 NCT-style track videos(think 2 minute MVs with a single set).

eh i hate those kind of videos. if you already are filming it then do so the full thing. so weird to make it a teaser type of ordeal. makes no sense

13 minutes ago, Nein said:

Thirsty is for the GAYS and I'm ready

is it though? cause so were YOLO and DON'T BLINK but SM decided to be homophobic

Edited by SchmoodRing
addition

3 minutes ago, Century said:

NCT still adds members regularly even when there aren't new units to add them to so it wouldn't be that historic. We already know from the lore that virtual beings can cross into the real world so expect a ps2 looking character like the aes to show up for a few canned performances and then on screens in the background as necessary after that. 

aespa-aespa-karina.gif

oh i didn't know that but i still stand by what i said given the lore it would've been an interesting way to debut someone/new member 

1 minute ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

CL is under KangDaniel's agency in Korea, collab when??????

elsa.gif

is this a good thing?

my current top 5 GGs

1. TWICE

2. WJSN 

3. fromis_9 (we pretend Stay This Flop doesn't exist)

4. Red Velvet (we pretend Deathday doesn't exist)

5. STAYC

no.gif

8 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

are you dumb? BTS and BLACKPINK are right there but ok

why so aggressive sis it's k-pop

no.gif

Edited by Antisocialites

1 minute ago, SchmoodRing said:

is this a good thing?

why wouldn't it be, Kang Daniel is the nation's boyfriend, and CL is the queen of kpop.

Plus his collab with Jessi was hot.

elsa.gif

2 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

oh i didn't know that but i still stand by what i said given the lore it would've been an interesting way to debut someone/new member 

On the bright side, the fact that SM doesn't want to pay to have their already low budget virtual idols appear in promotions regularly means that naevis will probably not take too many lines from living, breathing humans. She's too powerful to be playing petty human line distribution games I fear.

shake-it-aespa.gif

Edited by Century

9 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

the eat

She invented stage presence me fears

16 minutes ago, yourcloud said:

I don't know why i forgot the chanteuse who sang

"Yeah i'm that glitch 

The perfect b.tch" 

I'm sorry everybody. I will reflect and come back with a mature image.

Glitch is STILL that B*tch :WAP:

55 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

Will Corria have a fit if Zhang Hao actually acknowledges his queerness? I don't think the Korean GP will be into him anyway because he's not Korean, but do you think they'd turn their back on the entire group?

We need established idols to start living their truth to pave the way for a newer generation. The fact that there is literally only one idol who is out in an industry FULL of undercover flaming gays is a crime.

Sadly no for Asian market. But the western fans will definitely be there to support the heterophobic gay idol icon :gaygacat1:

zhang-hao-boys-planet.thumb.gif.e75c4730