K-Pop Thread: 2023 Archive

Ryan

Anyway our lord and savior Naevis is coming in a week. Repent while you still can and be delivered to KOSMO through her sacrifice.

shake-it-aespa.gif

• Replies 132.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Save-Me-Oprah

• Pluto6

• Witnessed ET

• illia

Top Posters In This Topic

Y’all be mad about people posting about kpop artists in a kpop thread

like what? make it make sense?

just say you’re jealous and triggered by the success of a group you don’t like and move on

this indirect shade at me is weird. Say my name or leave it on the playground. No one cares cause imma still do it. Maybe if you’re so trigged log out for a while and then come back, bitchin about it won’t change a thing.

like I just ignore the people yall talk about that I don’t care for, it’s really simple. Lol

18 minutes ago, Century said:

They were literally a drop-in replacement for another kpop group with the same sound and a very similar image with the exact same positions. It would be like saying SM has never made a group like NCT when they've already made 900 of them. :dies:

what is this said kpop that they replaced?

17 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

half their early discography is 2NE1 rejects anyway

michael-jackson.gif

how can they be rejects when 2ne1 couldn't even be allowed to release them lol 

17 minutes ago, Century said:

I was a fan until that milk demon yt lady and teddy conspired to make the noisiest trash since NCT for them.

michael-jackson.gif

milk demon yt lady? who is that? miss naevis?

16 minutes ago, Mel. said:

Doesn’t matter.

my point still stands.

love 2NE1 they are the queens and my OG favs, but BP is bigger than they ever were. 

yeah because BP is only here because of 2NE1 that's something to be kept in mind. 2NE1 was alot of people's first introduction to KPOP girlgroups. they're sabotage is one for the books.

14 minutes ago, Century said:

BP proved they're never getting steady releases

**** YOU YG!!!

10 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

It would be interesting to see a comparison of Blackpink's peak market share of K-Pop vs. 2NE1's peak market share back in the day.

I know Blackpink are bigger than 2NE1, obviously. But a large chunk of that must be able to be attributed to the whole K-Pop industry in general growing exponentially since the late 2000s/early 2010s. 

2NE1 was breaking into the international market when BTS was still sperm in Hitman Bang's testes.

michael-jackson.gif

your word play here omg :deadbanana4: but eh a comparison is not needed. this is just gonna add more unnecessary fuel to the fire. 2NE1 walked so that BP could run. we all know that.

11 minutes ago, Century said:

First of all more than one person has left YG and said basically everything from their first few years other than Whistle was a 2NE1 reject.

Second of all it goes way deeper than music. 4 members. The leader is also the rapper and a sub-vocal. There's a SEA appeal member that keeps the group famous even when they were in 2nd or even 3rd place domestically.  There's a visual who debuted with literally 0 talent and seems to only have been there at first to take on endorsements and TV roles eventually. They also directly moved a lot of 2NE1's day to day team like assistants, managers, and stylists straight to BP. I was a fan predebut and into their first few years.

Nobody cares anymore but saying Black Pink is the most unique group and nobody is like them is absurd when they're literally another group's understudy who was given the spotlight after Park Bom started importing amphetamines into Korea under the disguise of gummy vitamins using her family as drug mules.  :deadbanana4:

no one is necessarily disagreeing with you on the grand scheme of things but we can't deny that BP are huge and are breaking new grounds and have helped make KPOP a global phenomenon possible along with BTS, I think that's what people are trying to get at is all. besides KPOP is one of the most manufactured industries ever. many other group have the same positions and qualifications and it's also a business at the end of the day. one could argue once any property peaks a replacement follows to fill in that void for whatever the reason maybe.

11 minutes ago, Rhythm said:

I mean, the group’s curator himself explicitly referred to them as just a revamped, more expensive 2NE1. It doesn’t get any more incriminating than that.

yeah because they choose to not give 2 shits about 2NE1 bad mouth them and didn't want to invest in them properly and sabotaged them to the point of no reason unfairly. 

Also while I'm being a haggard old grandpa and ranting about 2NE1 again. The networking CL grinded at in the US is a major contributing factor to why all of our favs are signed with US talent agents and getting distribution and touring deals at all.

There's a reason she's completely independent and still booking major US festivals and her music(despite not selling a single damn copy) is stocked at music retailers all around the world. Those are connects she personally made on behalf of the entire industry after JYP and SM both failed to do the same. Put some more respect on her flop name because not even BTS would be performing at the same level as quickly as they did without her.

Edited by Century

40 minutes ago, fauxtography said:

The way this thread instantly becomes less fun when…you know what, whatever.  :monkey:

That user might be one of the most unhinged person I’ve ever seen and I truly hope it’s just an online personality of theirs because if they’re like that in real life…..:rip:

I mean where does that much superiority complex come from? Especially when you’re in a forum where everyone has SUBJECTIVE tastes? And then they fight with everybody when someone doesn’t agree with their biased “hottakes”:dies:

i usually ignore them but it’s honestly really weird and takes the fun out of posting here ngl 

Edited by Witnessed ET

10 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

When did I say BP is the "most unique group" I dont ever see any blonk as delusional as they are say that like ever :deadbanana:

Mel just posted a tweet saying BP girls are all Beyoncé's - which is kinds true in a sense since they all can stand on their own/are equally famous etc its really not that serious. You always get triggered whenever a blonk sings praises to BLACKPINK as if they don't deserve any of it its honestly getting super weird :deadbanana2:

:coffee:

i fear NAEVIS hacked her

6 minutes ago, Century said:

Mel said there has never been another group like BP which obviously raised some eyebrows when they're as unoriginal as any idol group. I literally just called Lisa the highlight of my own fav's song in this thread today. My gripe is with insufferable Blinks such as yourself, go troll somebody else. It never ends well for you.

bigwinter.thumb.gif.131ca0fc9b1264f8e8d6

Girl PLEASE!

I didn’t say there’s never been a group like them in a sense of like musically

i was talking about the fact that there’s not really a group like them that are as successful solo, can stand on their own and and as a group and it’s not, so I didn’t lie

i wasnt talking about music style, etc  which you’re clearly referring to

2 minutes ago, Mel. said:

this indirect shade at me is weird. Say my name or leave it on the playground. No one cares cause imma still do it.

People have been directly calling you a child-obsessed weirdo for several months now. There's really been nothing that has been "indirect shade".

britdance.gif

4 minutes ago, Mel. said:

Y’all be mad about people posting about kpop artists in a kpop thread

like what? make it make sense?

just say you’re jealous and triggered by the success of a group you don’t like and move on

this indirect shade at me is weird. Say my name or leave it on the playground. No one cares cause imma still do it. Maybe if you’re so trigged log out for a while and then come back, bitchin about it won’t change a thing.

like I just ignore the people yall talk about that I don’t care for, it’s really simple. Lol

So desperately searching for tweets (with single digit likes) of nugu groups to post is ignoring? The way you project is a different level of stupidity. 

Some of y’all just can’t take BLACKPINK praise and that’s okay. Accept it, embrace it and move on

I would probably be upset too if my favs were forever in their shadow :fan:

2 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

People have been directly calling you a child-obsessed weirdo for several months now. There's really been nothing that has been "indirect shade".

britdance.gif

Ok, let me put you on ignore now

before I say something that’ll make y’all report me lol

yall good for that

did everyone try the Potion? I thought the Potion was lovely

7 minutes ago, Mel. said:

Girl PLEASE!

I didn’t say there’s never been a group like them in a sense of like musically

i was talking about the fact that there’s not really a group like them that are as successful solo, can stand on their own and and as a group and it’s not, so I didn’t lie

i wasnt talking about music style, etc  which you’re clearly referring to

I misunderstood but SNSD is another example of a girl group with more than 4 successful members where every member seriously contributes to the lineup. Twice would fit that bill too if JYP didn't have a phobia of soloists after 2nd gen.

8 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

what is this said kpop that they replaced?

35 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

2NE1

no one is necessarily disagreeing with you on the grand scheme of things but we can't deny that BP are huge and are breaking new grounds and have helped make KPOP a global phenomenon possible along with BTS

This is true, but also see my above post. I never underplayed their current success. Hard to argue with a $300m gross and 2m opening weeks. :cm:

milk demon yt lady? who is that? miss naevis?

Not this slander. Naevis sacrificed her memories for all of us. I was talking about Becky Bang or whatever her name is.

shake-it-aespa.gif

. besides KPOP is one of the most manufactured industries ever.

I think a lot of people who think this would be surprised to find out how the western counterpart industry(s) work behind the scenes. It's functionally not that different other than the trainee system and revenue\payment structures.

Edited by Century

24 minutes ago, MonsterNavy said:

didnt like World and Darling at first too they just grew on me so i'm sure this new release will be the same. 

rewatching an mv with mingyy, hoshi, scoups and wonwoo always helps :gaycat2:

i support anything for my boys but please keep away from my man thank you

5 minutes ago, Century said:

Anyway our lord and savior Naevis is coming in a week. Repent while you still can and be delivered to KOSMO through her sacrifice.

shake-it-aespa.gif

your stanning of NOVICE is legitimately becoming concerning. the girls would not approve

3 minutes ago, Century said:

Also while I'm being a haggard old grandpa and ranting about 2NE1 again. The networking CL grinded at in the US is a major contributing factor to why all of our favs are signed with US talent agents and getting distribution and touring deals at all.

There's a reason she's completely independent and still booking major US festivals and her music(despite not selling a single damn copy) is stocked at music retailers all around the world. Those are connects she personally made on behalf of the entire industry after JYP and SM both failed to do the same.

CL deserves her flowers immensely. I completely agree with everything you said regarding her work ethic and hustle. The exaggeration and shade at you saying that she's not selling a single copy was totally uncalled her and extremely passive aggressive after you just praised her. 

Just now, Century said:

I misunderstood but SNSD is another example of a girl group with more than 4 successful members where every member seriously contributes to the lineup. 

Oh I’m sure it was just a misunderstanding…:laugh:

I wouldn’t put SNSD in the same category as BP because other than YAWN, their musical releases are duds

2 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

CL deserves her flowers immensely. I completely agree with everything you said regarding her work ethic and hustle. The exaggeration and shade at you saying that she's not selling a single copy was totally uncalled her and extremely passive aggressive after you just praised her. 

I stanned through The Baddest Female and promoted it to everybody I know. I've earned the right to say anything about miss cherry. It comes from a place of love.

Edited by Century

Just now, Mel. said:

I wouldn’t put SNSD in the same category as BP because other than YAWN, their musical releases are duds

Tiffany toured the world, Yoona got some minor successes, but most of their solo success is outside of music. That being said, Taeyeon was the only one to get a serious push in the age of bulk buying and she's still selling very well for somebody who debuted more than 15 years ago. Not hard to imagine all the members doing monster numbers if they had solo debuted in the current climate, they're still ranking at the top alongside BP and others in brand reputation. Each their own I guess.

6 minutes ago, Save-Me-Oprah said:

britdance.gif

Dx wait is that user into kids? what is going on? where are the mods? Dx

3 minutes ago, Century said:

2NE1

Not this slander. Naevis sacrificed her memories for all of us. 

shake-it-aespa.gif

I think a lot of people who think this would be surprised to find out how the western counterpart industry(s) work behind the scenes. It's functionally not that different other than the trainee system and revenue\payment structures.

i mean YG just lost their GG even though it was their fault. the only logical business move would be to create and debut a new one so yeah lol

the way that you're going SO HARD to defend and support an AI is wild Dx idk what to make of it. other than she's not real unlike the girls who are so chill :deadbanana4:

the traineee system is literally what makes it so different. god knows if we really knew the truth of what really goes on at those boarding school camps the industry would collapsed, be canceled and rectified immediately 

2ne1 is already disbanded ages ago, just give them and their dates music up already :deadbanana4:

JOY will be missing from the rest of the Asia stops, I wonder what happened to her because it sounds serious :eek:

I hope at least of one of the aespa’s song become a hit because if not, the lashing from here… :gaycat1:

5 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

Dx wait is that user into kids? what is going on? where are the mods? Dx

Mel was seriously saying Min Heejin was an actual p*doph*le around NJ debut and even insinuating anybody who supported them was one too or at least endorsing it. He now stans the much younger group Baemon and is an apologist for the cameras YG(Yang Hyunsuk is a noted groomer\possible ACTUAL pdf) installed in their dorm shower for their voyeurism style reality show. 

In general when anybody outside of YG entertainment starts being more successful than a YG act they start reeling and throwing out baseless accusations of very serious crimes or bigotry.

It's embarrassing for any of us that share fandoms with him. Even if it was just a forum persona for laughs I'd seriously worry for their mental health and place in society because the things they say are not funny at ALL. The tweet spam is just an annoying cherry on top of the very scary cake.

britdance.gif

Edited by Century

Teddy Park and Scooter Braun ain't seeing heaven for this.

elsa.gif