Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Will Midnights surpass Folklore in quality?

Featured Replies

Is it not a lie when I say a lot of critics and fans consider Folklore to be Taylor's masterpiece, will she serve another folklore with midnights or will it be even better?

base talk] Psychofreak leaves Spotify Global Top 150 - Base - ATRL

  • Replies 34
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Jynx said:

Not with Lana on the album. :rip:

Not with the creator of BTD, UV, NFR? We have to laugh.

7 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Not with the creator of BTD, UV, NFR? We have to laugh.

Drag it. Lana's influence on Taylor runs pretty deep, and that's ok! This fan base I swear:rip:

 

regarding the question though, I doubt it; folklore was lightning in a bottle. Even if it's better from a quality standpoint, the narrative around folklore and where we were all at in the world at that time is kinda undeniable and made the album feel like an instant classic 

Not yet. A few albums later probably. How many albums did it took to top Red?

53 minutes ago, BurnGoesTheChivas said:

Maybe, but nothing will ever surpass Evermore :giraffe:

:eatpopcorn:

I don’t know but I really hope so. It’s already got more of an edge to it

Assuming Taylor will serve that kind of quality again is setting her up for failure.
 

The record after her previous peak is always an underperformance commercially/critically compared to her last record (see SN/rep/evermore).

 

The record after that is always a mashup of tons of genres and ideas (see Red/Lover), so I am kind of expecting this record to be in the same vein. I think she will explore lots of genres actually (some pop, some rock, some folk) and that will make it hit or miss with a lot of people. 

29 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

Assuming Taylor will serve that kind of quality again is setting her up for failure.
 

The record after her previous peak is always an underperformance commercially/critically compared to her last record (see SN/rep/evermore).

 

The record after that is always a mashup of tons of genres and ideas (see Red/Lover), so I am kind of expecting this record to be in the same vein. I think she will explore lots of genres actually (some pop, some rock, some folk) and that will make it hit or miss with a lot of people. 

Not when Speak Now > Red

2 hours ago, suburbannature said:

Not when Speak Now > Red

I don’t agree, :chick1: but even if I did, all your comment implies is that evermore > midnights. The general consensus is that folklore > evermore (by most swifties, the gp, Grammys), so you just proved my point that midnights would likely be inferior to folklore :deadbanana2:

 

(I would be ecstatic to be wrong of course, but I’m here to set realistic expectations :giraffe:) 

1 minute ago, youreyesgocold said:

I don’t agree, :chick1: but even if I did, all your comment implies is that evermore > midnights. The general consensus is that folklore > evermore (by most swifties, the gp, Grammys), so you just proved my point that midnights would likely be inferior to folklore :deadbanana2:

 

(I would be ecstatic to be wrong of course, but I’m here to set realistic expectations :giraffe:) 

What. 
 

folklore is vastly superior to everbore 

8 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

What. 
 

folklore is vastly superior to everbore 

That’s what I said… m’aam can you read?

 

If your logic is

 

the album after fearless > the album after that

 

then my point was if we use that as inference it would imply

 

the album after folklore > the album after that

 

and since we BOTH agrih

 

folklore > the album after it

 

then we can decuce

 

folklore > the album after it > the album after that

 

or finally, my dear Holmes

 

folklore > evermore > midnights 

 

in terms of quality. 
 

Thank u for attending my calculus course. :celestial2:

It probably will, but not as hard as Folklore stomped on its predecessor in quality. :jonny:She went from an all time low and the biggest mishap of her career to a 3rd AOTY. A full 180.

I don’t think so, at least not in a clear way. It’ll likely be one of those scenarios where it reaches a level of quality that just leaves it up to the interpretation of the listener. 
 

Folklore and evermore are both near-flawless albums, and I think Midnights will be around the same level of quality. 

I just need the album that breaks all of Spotify's records and is the best-selling of the 20s 

6 hours ago, Icarus said:

No. Listen to the material 

 

 

This can't simply be surpassed

 

zGxX46s.gif

It already was 

 

 

9 minutes ago, NewStanner said:

 

This and this

 

zGxX46s.gif

 

So the creator of only one good album? Thank you for proving the point

 

zGxX46s.gif

Saying this with a Taylor avi and using a Camila gif says enough, luv

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.