Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Christine And The Queens now using he/him - changes name

Featured Replies

christineandthequeens1HD-photo-jamie-mor

 

Chris, the French singer previously known as Christine and the Queens, has recently expanded his artistic moniker to Christine and the Queens presents Redcar, a PR representative for the artist confirmed. He spoke about the name change, as well as his gender journey, in a TikTok video posted on August 18. 

 

In the 3-minute video, which is entirely in French, Chris says that he has been more masculine in his gender presentation for about a year and has been out about his identity to family and close friends. He called the gender journey a “long process.” Chris has been sharing this exploration of his identity with the press slowly over time, including in a New York Times interview in March. “My journey with gender has always been tumultuous. It’s raging right now, as I’m just exploring what is beyond this,” he said at the time. “I kind of want to tear down that system that made us label genders in such a strict way.”

 

Source

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m really confused by the name of the project and album and moniker etc. lmao Is he going by Redcar or Chris?
 

Either way, I’m really happy for him for continuing to figuring out his gender journey and I adore how open he has been about it the entire time. 

I always find Xyz and The SomethingRandom names very tacky anyway. 

 

28 minutes ago, Rose said:

I opened the tiktok video expecting to find a person that has transitioned. We're living through some wild times.

I'm so glad I'm not an impressionable kid and that I grew up in another era. 

You have access to their medical records? What a weird and hateful post. 

So...the artistic name is staying the same then. Ok. Wasn't sure. 

 

I'd been meaning to see him live for a while but money's tight right now. 

Don’t think that’s the best stage name change but congrats to him  :clap3: 

51 minutes ago, Rose said:

I opened the tiktok video expecting to find a person that has transitioned. We're living through some wild times.

I'm so glad I'm not an impressionable kid and that I grew up in another era. 

How exactly would you know if he “transitioned” or not? What constitutes a “real” gender transition to you?

 

Y’all really just give yourselves away with these posts :rip:

Happy for him, because it’s always been in his music. It reminds me of how it was a long process for ANOHNI but her music was always giving us insights about it

Proud of him, living your truth is not always easy but I wish him all the best on this journey and look forward to the music/art that comes out of it 

Can some of you shut the **** up :rip: The ignorance is astounding 

 

OT: Happy for him :heart2:

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.