• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KillingYourCareer

• Jude

• PoisonedIvy

• PopKills

Adele who was excluded from the poll is by far the least versatile, followed by Ariana Grande and Taylor Swift.

Madonna is definitely strictly a top.

I'd say Miley and Gaga are bottoms. #G.U.Y.

Just now, KillingYourCareer said:

Taylor Swift.

Her three AOTYs in three different genres would say otherwise 

Katy, even tho I’ve grown to love her older music and appreciate her legacy in pop music, it’s been the same thing over and over and over again. 

britney, LOVE her and she was the first pop girl I’ve ever stanned, but she’s arguably the least versatile of the bunch. Still a legend and still an incredible pop discography 

xtina 

2 minutes ago, Folklore89sm said:

Her three AOTYs in three different genres would say otherwise 

Country pop, pop and indie pop with little influences from anything else isn't exactly being versatile no matter how many awards you bring up out of context. She's smart and often stays in her lane making it as wide as she can, and there's nothing wrong with that.

2 minutes ago, PMKARDASHIAN said:

Katy, even tho I’ve grown to love her older music and appreciate her legacy in pop music, it’s been the same thing over and over and over again. 

britney, LOVE her and she was the first pop girl I’ve ever stanned, but she’s arguably the least versatile of the bunch. Still a legend and still an incredible pop discography 

xtina 

this is literal trolling.

these threads are so tired. its just people choosing the ones they like the least

6 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Adele who was excluded from the poll is by far the least versatile.

Added. :gaydonnacat1:

1 minute ago, Sharapov said:

these threads are so tired. its just people choosing the ones they like the least

:gaycatina1:

2 minutes ago, Sharapov said:

You're free to ignore these threads. :fan:

9 minutes ago, PMKARDASHIAN said:

Not when she literally has done Gospel music, rock music, country music, pop, pop-rock, house. 

OT:

Ariana, Mariah Carey and Adele come to mind.

Edited by PopKills

JohnWayneHolland

The only right answer is Katy, Britney and Adele, sorry babes :gaycat1:

Just now, PopKills said:

Not when she literally has done Gospel music, rock music, country music, pop, bubblegum pop, electropop, pop-rock, house. 

OT:

If Katy is considered versatile because of doing different styles of music (and not all of them well) then Ariana and Mariah are definitely versatile because they’ve explored other genres while still staying true to their musical roots. There’s more to versatility than just sonics, imo 

Adele (who is rewarded for it :toofunny3:)

Britney (who wasn’t allowed to change)

Katy (who suffered a career death for trying)

I voted for most vers by accident :noparty:

I pick Adele because for the amount of vocal talent she has, she hasn't shown any interest in trying to break out of her box (that is working for sure, but nonetheless). 

5 minutes ago, PopKills said:

Not when she literally has done Gospel music, rock music, country music, pop, pop-rock, house. 

OT:

I'd say Katy isn't at all versatile when it comes to her image, but her music, while being all pop, has had influences from everywhere... which is why she's always criticized for having albums that are too all over the place lol

At people voting for Ariana when she has done EDM, Dance-pop, Pop, Doo-Wops, Trap, Hiphop, Rap, Soul, RnB, Reggae.

Adele,

Ariana,

Katy

2 minutes ago, Jude said:

At people voting for Ariana when she has done EDM, Dance-pop, Pop, Doo-Wops, Trap, Hiphop, Rap, Soul, RnB, Reggae.

...which is far less than almost anyone else in the poll :dies: I'd say she has the most same-y discography out of them bar Adele.

Just now, KillingYourCareer said:

...which is far less than almost anyone else in the poll :dies: I'd say she has the most same-y discography out of them bar Adele.

The lies when Britney, Katy, Xtina, Adele are there.

17 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Country pop, pop and indie pop with little influences from anything else isn't exactly being versatile no matter how many awards you bring up out of context. She's smart and often stays in her lane making it as wide as she can, and there's nothing wrong with that.

It's not about boxing her into certain genres, it's the fact that if you shuffled her discography you would have a hilariously random experience.

Ready for It..., to the 1, to Shake It Off, to All Too Well, to Should've Said No, to False God, to Better Than Revenge, to willow, etc. is an insane amount of whiplash not just in genre but in subject matter, sound, and presentation that you wouldn't get if you shuffled Ariana, Adele, Katy, Britney, etc.'s discographies. 

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Jude said:

The lies when Britney, Katy, Xtina, Adele are there.

Are you kidding me with Xtina? She has NO album that sounds like another she did. Britney and Katy have explored far more sub-genres. So yeah, Ariana it is, easily.