• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KillingYourCareer

• Jude

• PoisonedIvy

• PopKills

3 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

For me, versatility is albums having completely different sounds than other albums in the same artist's discography. I know people here like to say ""Ariana did reggae!!!" because of Side to Side's halftime percussion, but one individual track on one individual album that sounds pretty much the same as the previous album doesn't make the artist versatile in my eyes.

Meanwhile, Taylor's career for me is divided into 3 stages. The country-pop era, the POP star era of 1989, reputation, and Lover, all 3 of which sound pretty different from each other imo, and the folkmore era. I think she's always gonna have those country roots, but I think it's great she tries to push that to its limit and then some by weaving through pop, rock, and folk genres. I'm not gonna say she's got "False God as a jazz song!!" or "Don't Blame Me as electro-gospel!!!" when I can just say that folklore sounds nothing like reputation which sounds nothing like 1989 which sounds nothing like Fearless.

And unless she somehow makes like an R&B album she will probably never really shed the idea that her country-pop roots are tied to every album :gaycatina1:

The country-pop and pop eras blended into one another almost unnoticeably. Red featured three guitar-pop singles that wouldn't have been out of place as 1989 tracks. She used them to test the ground and see if transitioning to pop would damage her career. She got two big hits and another sizable one, so everything was safe to go pop. Reputation was more of a change, that album is her true transition to pop imo.

It's harder to name who's versatile. Most of these pop girls serve the same pop music with tiny variations.

Hiring different writers/producers to incorporate a few foreign elements to blatant pop songs, while still singing everthing the same way is NOT versatility. 

Like, I've heard people claim that Madonna can do Gospel because of LAP, :ace: or recently that Britney can do Ska because of Soda Pop. :rip:

Having the knowledge to understand different tehcniques and the range to actually apply them both musically and vocally is a RARE talent that only few pop star owns. Out of the ones in the poll, only Gaga deserves to be called versatile...and to a lesser extent Rihanna (vocally) :mrpeanut: thanks to her carribean influences. 

I admit I'm not fully familiar with Xtina and Adele so they don't count. 

the nerve saying Ariana is more versatile than Xtina. Stripped alone is more diverse than Ariana's entire discography :rip:

o.t.

1.  Ariana - her last 3 albums might as well be one long album

2. Adele - but it works for her

3. Katy - P!nk wasn't on the poll

Ariana, Britney and Katy.

I know Adele is a MPG but it feels different with her. She would be the least versatile though.

Madonna, Xtina, Rihanna and Beyoncé are obviously the most versatile.

Not Lana or Selena but Miley and Xtina there? And Britney is barely making music

Musically it's 

Adele 

Madonna

Katy

Britney

Conceptually

Ariana

Adele

And that's it

1 hour ago, Jude said:

The lies when Britney, Katy, Xtina, Adele are there.

Can you imagine Ariana covering "I Love Rock n' Roll," "Do Somethin," "Work *****," or "Womanizer" with an iota of Britney's attitude? Because one listen to In the Zone will tell you Brit could've carried anything Ariana has done bar her biggest vocal moments.

AlexStexaul

rihanna

taylor

katy

adele

britney

beyonce 

these poor girls been making same music and performances since over a decade. so… 

Adele 

Katy 

Taylor/Ariana

Hard to choose the last one 

1 hour ago, PopKills said:

Katy has much more variety in her discography or image than Ariana lmao

Guitar infused pop (I will not be calling it pop rock, sorry) ---> electro pop. Katy ain't the chameleon y'all seem to think she is

IMG_-67r92i.thumb.jpg.45ce560cababd4df2c

Ariana, Adele and Britney (the last one is a stretch).

Kinda shocked Katy has the most votes. Her albums all sound different to me.

2 hours ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Are you kidding me with Xtina? She has NO album that sounds like another she did. Britney and Katy have explored far more sub-genres. So yeah, Ariana it is, easily.

No they haven't :bibliahh:

01. Adele

02. Adele too

03. Also Adele

i got the title wrong anyway,

Edited by DockDock
typo

34 minutes ago, Аshanti said:

Guitar infused pop (I will not be calling it pop rock, sorry) ---> electro pop. Katy ain't the chameleon y'all seem to think she is

IMG_-67r92i.thumb.jpg.45ce560cababd4df2c

I don’t care what you call it, she performed at the Warped tour, Wikipedia literally lists One Of The Boys as pop-rock, soft-rock, power pop and punk-pop record and was compared to Avril Lavigne. Not to speak of her debut album which was both gospel and rock. But sure, whatever fits your narrative I suppose. :hoetenks:

3 hours ago, KillingYourCareer said:

Adele who was excluded from the poll is by far the least versatile, followed by Ariana Grande and Taylor Swift.

The nerve when you have KATY PERRY written on your sig :laugh:

Anyways: Adele, Katy Perry and Britney