Are Adele and Beyonce in the same league??

BILLIONAIRE✘BOY

lie free poll, DO NOT LIE  

63 members have voted

1. 1. ?????????????

beyonce wishes

but BMS is better than EOM, I fear

cI2YITd.gif

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UnusualBoy

• Blue G

• *-ChriZ-*

• Trent W

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, BILLIONAIRE✘BOY said:

Are they? @Beyonce @Adele @ATRL 

cI2YITd.gif

any off-topic users will be banned and severely warned after I snitch to the mods!!! :rainbow:

In what way?

1 hour ago, UnusualBoy said:

Commercially wise they're obviously not. Bey is more acclaimed and respected tho.

This is the weirdest take considering how the industry love to award Adele over Bey. 

1 hour ago, Trent W said:

It’s a case of bigger peak vs longevity 

Beyonce is obviously bigger overall considering how long she has been around and consistent. 

If they released an album today under the same conditions, who would sell the most in each territory?

4 minutes ago, Blue G said:

This is the weirdest take considering how the industry love to award Adele over Bey. 

She's more awarded by the Grammys but Bey's works are more acclaim through critics and let's not act as if Beyoncé is not the most awarded female singer :rip: 

Edited by UnusualBoy

1 hour ago, Blue Monday said:

Commercially? No, though Adele makes music that gets more radio play than Beyoncé these days. Critically speaking, Beyoncé is more respected and revered, and has had a longer career with peaks and valleys (Adele would probably be the first person to tell you that too). Basically they even each other out, though I would say when all is said and done Beyoncé will probably be held in higher esteem 

Success, talent, respect, reach...Adele is on a whole different level. 

I'm not sure about the acclaim tho. There's nothing more irrelevant than the opinion of a bunch of local journalists.

13 minutes ago, UnusualBoy said:

She's more awarded by the Grammys but Bey's works are more acclaim through critics and let's not act as if Beyoncé is not the most awarded female singer :rip: 

She had an almost 10 year start on Adele. Of course she's more awarded. But who gets awarded over the other when they are nominated against each other. 

1 minute ago, Blue G said:

She had an almost 10 year start on Adele. Of course she's more awarded. But who gets awarded over the other when they are nominated against each other. 

The white one

23 minutes ago, Blue G said:

If they released an album today under the same conditions, who would sell the most in each territory?

Adele

But she debuted 12 years after Beyonce.

Bey was in her prime-repaking again in IASF era while Adele in her 30 era declining at this stage.

We have to always take into consideration longevity. Adele has a much bigger prime but she is declining way too fast.

Bey had so far a much bigger and consistent career overall.

Edited by Trent W

Yes absolutely. Both are top tier popstars with a great amount of respect and cultural adoration.

Anyone relying on stats to prove otherwise is ignorant of how legends and important artists are made/regarded by society. If album sales and streams were the deciding factor, then most of those society props up as in the highest league would not be considered in that grouping.

The GP does not know or particularly care about sales stats because that is not what factors in to their estimation of an artist, and we have to remember that people can generally not listen to a particular legend/artist and still give them the same respect, adoration and "league" placement as they deserve because these things are beyond taste or specific success and overall estimation and perception of who they are, what they represent, etc.

45 minutes ago, FierceBitch said:

The fact that it's 2022 and yall still compare ballad singers with multi-talented superstars :rip:

Incredibly thankful Susan Boyle wasn't successful after her debut because we would have to suffer through these same threads if she had succeeded :rip:

you dont have to "suffer" through anything. Dont like pop girl comparisons and lack the knowledge to speak about them then then LOG OFF :cm:

2 hours ago, Donquizote said:

This is an insult to Adele who debuted with 17 million streams on spotify. Beyonce couldn't even do 50% of it.

Judging by recent release, Beyonce is in the same league as Dua/Katy.

gqCjZq4.gif

if Adele was black I promise you she wouldn't be pushing those numbers. 

anyway both are overrated as hell but at least Beyonce has bops and way more of them.

Adele has maybe 3 decent songs and I thought i liked 'someone like you' but i'm in love now so I can't relate to that crap at all.

1 hour ago, Mohit said:

Beyonce can never have a 1 million debut week album seller so Adele is still miles above beyonce. Adele will bounce back with her next era

But if she does, then suddenly that makes her in the same league?

And anyway, BEYONCÉ sold nearly 1 million (991,000) in its first ten days. I know it's not a week and it's not quite a million, but this was also an album that cost $17.99 and had absolutely no promo or notice whatsoever. It's not as if her debuting with 617,213 in three days is no impressive feat.

4 minutes ago, Trent W said:

Adele

But she debuted 12 years after Beyonce.

Bey was in her prime-repaking again in IASF era while Adele in her 30 era declining at this stage.

We have to always take into consideration longevity. Adele has a much bigger prime but she is declining way too fast.

Bey had so far a much bigger and consistent career overall.

Beyonce's flop era was her 4th album. 

Adele takes bigger breaks between her eras and would be beyond her 4th album if she took the same periods as bey. Let's consider that. 

5 minutes ago, swissman said:

Yes absolutely. Both are top tier popstars with a great amount of respect and cultural adoration.

Anyone relying on stats to prove otherwise is ignorant of how legends and important artists are made/regarded by society. If album sales and streams were the deciding factor, then most of those society props up as in the highest league would not be considered in that grouping.

The GP does not know or particularly care about sales stats because that is not what factors in to their estimation of an artist, and we have to remember that people can generally not listen to a particular legend/artist and still give them the same respect, adoration and "league" placement as they deserve because these things are beyond taste or specific success and overall estimation and perception of who they are, what they represent, etc.

This honestly. People just know this name is popular and been around for a while. And they are done. 

That's why in poll pljlo was said to be more famous than people who have sold more than her. Simply because she's been a recognizable name since ever.

This is a disrespect to Beyoncé.

The other woman is the personification of mediocrity :skull:

5 minutes ago, Blue G said:

Beyonce's flop era was her 4th album. 

Adele takes bigger breaks between her eras and would be beyond her 4th album if she took the same periods as bey. Let's consider that. 

The big breaks are actually why she is declining at a much faster rate.

I’m a fan, I honestly see them both equally important in their lanes, but Adele is lazy, I think Bey will end up bigger when it’s all say and done because of her work ethic and the quality control of her final product.

No(one is)

• ATRL Moderator

not in terms of straight numbers. but even then only one in the industry who matches adele now in 2022 is taylor

but in impact on pop culture, respect in industry, longevity, iconism, acclaim... then yes actually beyonce is at or above adele in these things

so ultimately i think it evens out. in some respects they are peers. 

2 minutes ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

This is a disrespect to Beyoncé.

The other woman is the personification of mediocrity :skull:

Adele is not mediocre, 19 and 21 were great bodies of work.

She’s just lazy and seems(so far) like she’s a one trick pony because of the lack of evolution.

But at least 21 is in fact one of the best albums of all time, a mediocre artists can’t pull that.

Adele has bigger numbers (duh) and mass appeal. However Beyoncé has had a longer and more diverse career. Adele even looked up to Beyoncé as a child, and she is still around being iconic and impacting culture to this day

gqCjZq4.gif

Adele 

Britney 

I wonder who some monsters will use next, Taylor? 

OT : Commercially no one is on Adele's level. But it's amazing to know the biggest artist in the world is a Hive member. We're an impressive group.

Bey is definitely more talented. So no.