Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Songs Spotify Shoved Down Your Throat?

Featured Replies

Sooo I'm a big fan of Spotify personalized playlists (Your Daily Mix, Release Radar) and mood playlists and I usually play them throughout the day while working.

 

And I've noticed some songs I don't particularly like but keep appearing on my playlist every day to the point I actually remember the tunes now :deadbanana2: Did the same thing happen to you and what are they?

 

Some of mine:

 

 

  • Replies 36
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate you i love you song

gosh it was unbearable 

+ anything Drake releases 

Anything from Adele’s 30. I was bombarded with ads from this album as soon as I would open the app. Easy on me was on every. single. playlist. I clicked on. 

I used to be annoyed with We're Good by Dua. I enjoy the song but it would be everywhere 

https://open.spotify.com/track/1saZ5nnaCWBjOK09izEK9c?si=xN7fZMyrSfug0h17c0VIog&utm_source=copy-link

I like the song so it's fine, but I literally couldn't escape it

 

Edit: the song is "i don't think i love you anymore" by Alaina Castillo, idk why the link doesn't work

Edited by wantedyoutogrow

None. I don't use any playlists I didn't create myself and I have autoplay deactivated :giraffe: 

Any dua song. I’m tired of her Spotify payola. Like damn girl, your music is good but you need to cool down on that TTH residency 

Lights Down Low by MAX a few years back was shoved into every playlist imaginable. That label tried forcing him to happen for so long, I’m so glad they don’t do it anymore.  :rip:

Some Lana Del Rey song. I had never selected "do not play this" so quickly before. :pukey:

since you’ve been gone by kelly clarkson is like in every pop playlist

but for the past two years spotify’s been trying to shove their podcasts down my throat more than any song

10 minutes ago, Jukebox said:

Lights Down Low by MAX a few years back was shoved into every playlist imaginable. That label tried forcing him to happen for so long, I’m so glad they don’t do it anymore.  :rip:

oh my god yesssss

I had never heard ONE of their songs, but this s*** kept showing up in my daily mix :gaylorcat2:

1950 by King Princess has popping up in my mixes for years and I refuse. 

Astrid S literally shows up on my Latin playlist I -

 

STAY by Justin Bieber was also one that I couldn't get away from

51 minutes ago, Zaynsus said:

I use a """free""" Premium version of Spotify so I don't have to deal with sh*t like that :laugh:

Whats the point of free premium if you cant play offline and download:deadbanana4:

Easy On Me.  Gosh, Spotify really was out there shoving that down our throats.  

1 minute ago, terrorblade said:

I also keep getting this Astrid S girl:deadbanana4: like who tf is she

Bland industry plant from Scandinavia. She's successful in her own Norway, but any attempt at making her go big outside (and there have been countless) has crashed and burned. :toofunny2:

Dua Lipa discography 

Ariana Grande discography 

Adele 30

 

But a quick block artist fixed that issue. :jonnycat:

  • ATRL Moderator

I don’t remember the exact songs but whenever Dua Lipa, Olivia, Adele, and Bieber drops they flood my Spotify. :rip:

i have Spotify premium and only use my own playlists but now i see they’re trying to payola these random girlies into my playlists by adding “smart shuffle” and having recommended artists at the bottom. Magdalena Bay, FLETCHER, Tegan & Sara, Cyn and Hailee Stainfeld make regular cameos :rip: 

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.