Horror Movies | 2023 HORROR RATE NOW! (pg. 232)

Outlaws

On my worst/overrated list:

Texas chainsaw

Scream

X

Pearl:turkey:

Fight me bjtches!!!!

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverse Warholian

• ChapelHooker

• The Witch

• genetic fail

Just now, Leptine said:

No way they're gonna do Mia Goth that wrong, but I expect a top3 for sure (#4 worst scenario).

However I have to be honest, weeks passed and 'Barbarian' didn't remain impressed on my mind, 'Watcher' was way better imo.

This tea. The watcher was much more impactful 

The barbarian was cute for what it was but something about it felt very unoriginal. It was like an AI generated horror movie maximised for enjoyment, thrills and short lived acclaim. It felt artificial and souless

When SM(ile)ASH takes the #1 spot then what 

:turkey:

1 minute ago, Delirious said:

This tea. The watcher was much more impactful 

The barbarian was cute for what it was but something about it felt very unoriginal. It was like an AI generated horror movie maximised for enjoyment, thrills and short lived acclaim. It felt artificial and souless

I agree, 'Barbarian' was sold as the new 'Malignant' in here but it really didn't have its brilliant camp range, it was enjoyable but like you said it felt unoriginal, or at least this is my sensation right now.

'Watcher' had a dark vibe I like more these days when it comes to a movie with a cold East Europe setting, direction was nailed, great photography, better cast performance, the suspense of not being sure if the main character is delusional or not, I was more impressed with it.

• ATRL Moderator

Ooh yay!! I just got letterbox since all my MFA classmates have it (film program) so I’m excited to partake!!

Rate aptly named for the best film of 2022 :clap3: I will be participating but have a few I need watch :) 

yay I’m so happy about the positive reception! Cant wait to receive your lists! 

4 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

Hello! The 2022 ATRL Horror Movie Rate has officially launched :clap: Would be thrilled to have you participate :heart:

I'm on it tomorow, i know a movie on my least fave list, Pray For The Devil. IT WAS SO BAD. OMG. btw i followed you on letterboxd

Chile I'ma put this off cause I need to watch a good bit more of the newer horror movies this year before I can feel sure in a ranking 

5 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

Hello! The 2022 ATRL Horror Movie Rate has officially launched :clap: Would be thrilled to have you participate :heart:

Count me in :heart: i'm ready to payola Pearl, X and Fresh

also wanna tank MEHn and H. Ends

6 hours ago, Héloïse said:

I'm definitely participating. I'm excited to watch Bones and All and The Menu out of the ones that are left this year but I also need to catch up with other smaller films like Nocebo, The Invitation and Hatching.

#TeamPearl :gaycat2:

Dont forget to watch Sissy :gaycat4:

Yall better not forget this slay since it came out on the first quarter of the year

I need to watch Men, The Menu and Hatching :jonny5:

Men seems like such a snooze fest.

Edited by Companion

28 minutes ago, Companion said:

Dont forget to watch Sissy :gaycat4:

Yep yep. Started off really well and fell off a cliff but still cute

9 hours ago, ChapelHooker said:

Thanks for putting this together! :party:I have a few on the list I want to watch before sending my votes in but I'm definitely participating

I’ve only seen 9 of those movies? Flop.

I’m only participating if I can give Terrifier 2 a -50

4 minutes ago, Khamis said:

Starting Speak No Evil with no background knowledge. Hope it serves something!

5du9qGo.thumb.gif.cba86bcb738c3353a47e89

THEE feel good movie of the year. Have funnn :clap3:

CzVdba6.gif

@mellenthin

Edited by Reverse Warholian

Is Speak No Evil actually disturbing or is it another Barbarian situation where people are being extra af about it 

sG0sS1x.gif

51 minutes ago, Reverse Warholian said:

THEE feel good movie of the year. Have funnn :clap3:

CzVdba6.gif

@mellenthin

First of all……. I feel ill.

Spoiler

Had to pause this to rant. My heart is pounding as they snuck out of that house but to turn back? Oh I’m disgusted.

30 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

Is Speak No Evil actually disturbing or is it another Barbarian situation where people are being extra af about it 

sG0sS1x.gif

Idk what all everyone is saying but….. it’s disturbing in a sense very similar to that of Creep

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.