Horror Movies | 2023 HORROR RATE NOW! (pg. 232)

Outlaws

I can appreciate a slow burn but I'm like 25 minutes into Late Night With the Snoozefest and nothing's happened so far :rip: the most interesting part so far was the 20 opening studio credit things

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverse Warholian

• ChapelHooker

• The Witch

• genetic fail

On 4/24/2024 at 10:54 PM, Leptine said:

She slayed the 'Jennifer's Body' references, one of my fave horror movie, a cult classic.

932f2cf0bc5b42adae73a65f27e0b558.gif

When Tate McRae serves a TITANE reference on her next video :WAP:

• Haha 2

On 4/29/2024 at 2:28 PM, genetic fail said:

I saw Love Lies Bleeding, Infested and Humane over the weekend and I now have enough films I like to make a running Top 10 of the year :heart:

Thee Horror Connoisseur's Top 10 of 2024 (so far)

1. Abigail
  2. The First Omen
  3. Immaculate
  4. Infested
  5. Monolith
  6. Late Night With the Devil
  7. Love Lies Bleeding
  8. Double Blind
  9. Lisa Frankenstein
  10. Humane

Bubbling Under: Out of Darkness & Frogman

Wait... is Love Lies Bleeding horror? I still need to see it, I thought it was an Action/Romance :jonny5:

2 hours ago, Vorhees said:

Wait... is Love Lies Bleeding horror? I still need to see it, I thought it was an Action/Romance :jonny5:

I'd say more Dark Thriller but I'm the kinda person who considers films like Swallowed or The Passenger as horror so…

I love this ending so much. Wish it was the official one. The fact that they were the only guys in the movie who were not a bunch of assholes makes it even better. 

I love the entire VHS series so much, can't believe it is still going strong after 12 years. :duca:

• Like 1

Could Late Night with the Devil be the best horror movie of the decade? :jonnycat:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

31 minutes ago, commander said:

Could Late Night with the Devil be the best horror movie of the decade? :jonnycat:

Not when it wasn't even best horror movie of the week :jonnycat:

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, commander said:

No but it's definitely one of the best this year.

Just in time for Spooky Season :WAP:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jay L said:

What ridiculously gory and non sensical death will they came up with this time to justify the lack of plot and character development ? 

:eatpopcorn:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Jay L said:

THE horror movie of the year, I already know it's going to deliver! :WAP:

• Like 1

Terrifier is made for you to turn your brain off and enjoy the mess, comedy and gore. If gooning was a horror thing it would be that.

Can't wait :suburban:

3 hours ago, lillavend3r said:

What ridiculously gory and non sensical death will they came up with this time to justify the lack of plot and character development ? 

:eatpopcorn:

They know we're here to watch the scary clown cut people up, we know we're here to watch the scary clown cut people up. The rest is a supporting framework at best. I am personally excited for the latest in this HIT series that knows exactly what it is! We can't expect everyone to combine the schlock with art like Dearest Robert.

:suburban:

• Like 1

Watched Late Night With the Devil last night and it flopped. It felt like a V/H/S segment that dragged on for too long. In fact, I think it would've been better if it were shorter, like those segments.

The story was bare-bones at best and it didn't introduce anything new to the possession genre. It also overlooked some of the most interesting elements of its script.

Maybe my expectations were too high going in, especially after reading good reviews here and on other forums, but I just don't get what others got out of it? It was not the serve I was promised!

Abifail was ok. The writing wasn't as bad as usual with Radio Silence, but it was still bad, and it it have any stand out set pieces which is usually what they're good at. Scream 6 remains their peak I'm afraid.

90d38e980d25ff0180b99aa26e8f77f9.gif

Posted (edited)

The only thing good about Late Night was the aesthetics. It felt more like a TV episode than a movie. Something felt missing from the whole story. It had a weak plot. 

Immaculate was also a flop. It was just another Rosemary's Baby. Been there, done that. Can Hollywood do something new, such as actually starting the story from the child's birth and instead of making a whole movie about the birth of a demon? 

I hate when movies end right when the real plot happens. 

Edited by Buffy

Posted (edited)

Late night with a melatonin was a SNOOZEFEST. I can appreciate it being a well made movie but it was not giving me what i need from my horror movies :biblio:

Edited by Twilish

Vermines / Infested was amazing. I have arachnophobia so that was definitely one that made me scream several times.
Best movie of the year!

Watched Satan's Slaves 1 & 2. 

First one was pretty good, didn't expect to like it so much, i HATED the second one, i was so mad and i wanted for it to end so badly, hope they come up with something good for the third one.

Posted (edited)

Rose Glass is on a roll it seems. Love Lies Bleeding is a dynamic both action and psychological ride and a half. I like her raw depiction of setting and characters. This one is more Coen brothers coded than Saint Maud though. 

Infested is fine creature(s) flick, but I can't say I was tensed up enough watching it. 

Edited by Lemon

Infested was v good! To conclude for 2024 so far:

1. The First Omen

2. Infested

--BARRIER--

3. Flabbyfail

4. Gay Shite With The Devil

1 hour ago, skankle said:

3. Flabbyfail

What even is this :deadbanana2:

46 minutes ago, genetic fail said:

What even is this :deadbanana2:

A certain ms Abigail of course!

Posted (edited)

whats a good new horror movie available to stream?  give me several titles so i can pick one

(nothing foreign i hate subtitles)

Edited by Into The Void

Tarot lowkey tanked :rip:

• Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.