K-Pop Thread: 2022 Archive

Ryan

19 hours ago, GucciBang said:

I'm here for it! Them and New Jeans have the best western appeal in 4th gen, while IVE has the best appeal for Asian market. That being said, I'm fine with any of these group to be the next BLACKPINK!

like... look at this...

its exactly the same vibe as this

• Replies 78.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mel.

• Witnessed ET

• hallucinate

• Dialamba

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Xalric said:

See when Minnie writes in English, there is no mistakes or random phrases.

One of my absolute faves from the album :clap3:

My god they’re STUNNING even in this random fancam :jonnycat:

I wanna know what Shuhua ate after Soojin left because that glowup and confidence is insane 

Edited by Witnessed ET

Is there a translated version of the red velvet teasers? And does it explain the lore or it's a variation of it? 

51 minutes ago, Spears_Stan said:

Is there a translated version of the red velvet teasers? And does it explain the lore or it's a variation of it? 

KSGUpdates posted translations!

it’s definitely not what I expected but it’s cute

3 hours ago, Subzero said:

whew, Kikwang and Doojoon :jonny: what a bop :katie2:

Wait, this is really good. :jonny5:

They still got it. 

25 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

Lol it's borderline creepy, so Red Velvet :dies: They truly have such a unique concept 

this thread is lowkey so dead

is it the calm before the storm? :fan:

The way everything in music is always reborn again :gaycat2:

7 hours ago, Flomik said:

the way they actually try to go in the order of their lines instead of just going randomly one by one

relay dances are too boring now. all coordinated. the best part is eunchae trying to do kazha's move. 

6 hours ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

Mel said globally tho. You know Asia is a whole continent, right? Born Pink is the second most successful female album of the year after Midnights, Pink Venom and Shut Down are among the biggest female hits of the year too. By your logic, Bad Bunny is not on par with the biggest western artists because he’s local to the USA + Latin America. :ducky:

"global" but it's just one continent, it's probably the second biggest since there haven't been many big female albums this year

and those 2 songs were definitely not big hits in the west, like they're huge in Asia but let's not act like they're competing with Taylor or Drake in the west

10 minutes ago, K$Ellie said:

"global" but it's just one continent, it's probably the second biggest since there haven't been many big female albums this year

and those 2 songs were definitely not big hits in the west, like they're huge in Asia but let's not act like they're competing with Taylor or Drake in the west

The excuses :dies:  Why are you guys like that? Just admit it. Isn’t the The Album the third most successful female album of the DECADE? Ig the competition was weak in 2020 and 2021 too. You know damn well they’re not relevant in just one continent, they’re just ENORMOUS in Asia like Drake is in North America or Bad Bunny is in Latin America.

1 hour ago, cloudbusting said:

concept queens :jonny5:

On 11/10/2022 at 12:21 AM, Pluto2022 said:

3M soon :clap3:

The fact that BTS are the only group that can outsell them at this point :deadbanana2:

Legends

9mcoJGJ.gif

12 hours ago, Pluto2022 said:

What is GOP7 doing here? :rip: 

15 minutes ago, k4rmabutterfly said:

The excuses :dies:  Why are you guys like that? Just admit it. Isn’t the The Album the third most successful female album of the DECADE? Ig the competition was weak in 2020 and 2021 too. You know damn well they’re not relevant in just one continent, they’re just ENORMOUS in Asia like Drake is in North America or Bad Bunny is in Latin America.

what legit hits do they have in the west?

they just get huge albums sales from asia like most kpop artists which isn’t a bad thing 

BP isn't big enough worldwide let it go, admit it. Same goes to BTS they only have legit hits in Korea:dies: Like for lord's sake, that's like saying Utada was competing with Britney Spears in the 00's because she had an album debut with 2M sales in japan:ahh: That's like Saying Girls Aloud is as big as Fifth Harmony because they had like 20 Top 10s in a row in the UK but they literally had no impact outside of their home country, it's like comparing Ed Sheeran stats in the UK to Drake's and going "Ed is just a lot bigger" so he wins and then you compare Drake USA stats to Sheeran's and go "Oh, Drake's bigger overall" like use common sense already:rip: Just because they are doing amazing in a region and mediocre in others doesn't make them comparable to Swift, not because Bad Bunny is insanely big in the USA he is touching Ed Sheeran's success at all:dies:

Edited by MusicFan98

3 hours ago, Sept said:

Lol it's borderline creepy, so Red Velvet :dies: They truly have such a unique concept 

nnn okay true, but it got cute at the end! wouldn’t be them without showing their range tbh 

7 hours ago, sunmimi imfurst said:

You forgot screamo anthem Heart shaker :fan:

Wait I didn’t know “Heart Shaker” was a Christmas themed song? I only included song with an obvious Christmas theme 

7 hours ago, Vrx. said:

The holy spirit of the Korean gays possessed this mini I fear 

Truly their best mini :clap3:SOS is by far their best b-side as well, and Chaeyoung’s rap in the bridge always gives me goosebumps for some reason. The whole vibe of the song is so nostalgic 

42 minutes ago, Pluto2022 said:

Wait I didn’t know “Heart Shaker” was a Christmas themed song? I only included song with an obvious Christmas theme 

Truly their best mini :clap3:SOS is by far their best b-side as well, and Chaeyoung’s rap in the bridge always gives me goosebumps for some reason. The whole vibe of the song is so nostalgic 

It's not really a christmas themed song, but was the single to their christmas repackage and came with an actual christmas song as the second new track.

maxresdefault.jpg

Anyways Heart Shaker is one of their best songs - jingle jangle or not :jonny5:

BVNDIT disbanded. MNH disbanded them but at the same time debuting a boy group.

SM forced to make a statement after screwing up RV's album release and being flooded with complaints (the damage is already done though)

They will produce more of the Cake ver. alongside the Photobook ver.

But there is also a third version that hasn't even been announced yet. :rip:

cube ent announced once again the debut of their bg to next year. It has been next year every years since 2018. :deadbanana2:

12 hours ago, hallucinate said:

this thread is lowkey so dead

is it the calm before the storm? :fan:

I think it's ATRL in general...are the servers dying or something?

Idk if it's just me but the site keeps going offline for like half a day with errors :deadbanana4: