Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

I just know she put 'Good Morning' first on the tracklist so that the whiniest liddo's heads would explode upon realizing this is another Jazz album. Her Mind

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

2 minutes ago, Sheep said:

sometimes a story has no end...

1Zwz.gif

"The journey continues" got the last laugh

 

1Zwz.gif

3 minutes ago, CoolNebraskaGuy said:

I just know she put 'Good Morning' first on the tracklist so that the whiniest liddo's heads would explode upon realizing this is another Jazz album. Her Mind

I saw a monster call Gaga/monsters sassy and gay and iconic in another thread and say jazz makes us disintegrate down to our pubes. I won't tag the good sis but :rip:

Edited by Sheep

4 minutes ago, CoolNebraskaGuy said:

I just know she put 'Good Morning' first on the tracklist so that the whiniest liddo's heads would explode upon realizing this is another Jazz album. Her Mind

That's me. 

5 minutes ago, hausofbryan said:

Is this your JFAD review?

 

AKWKTUe.gif

 

3 minutes ago, jesus del rey said:

Please stream Harlequin, Gaga needs to put food on the table tonight

 

1 minute ago, Colmillo said:

Oh that's not...

 

(I will put something under the spoiler tag even if I personally don't consider it spoiler. My whole reaction is spoiler free story wise.)

 

So... let's start...

 

What the hell, Todd, what the hell!!? You'll pay for your crimes spacer.png

 

Let me first say that I don't think it's a bad film per se, but what's the point?

 

The movie is visually stunning and definitely has its merits, but revisiting the the first movie just doesn't make for a compelling story. I get the intention of deconstructing the character but it basically feels

Spoiler

like two hours and a half spent trying to "undo" the original.

 

Now, I have to admit, I watched the first movie because of all the hype from my friends and honestly, I thought it was good, but definitely overhyped and not deserving of the "masterpiece" title some people gave it.

 

This time around, I was mainly excited to see it because my queen, Lady Gaga, was playing Harley Quinn, one of the most iconic comic book villains. But let me warn you—if you're watching just for Gaga or for a mad-love type of story, you might be disappointed. :rip:

 

As much as I love her, her character feels pretty useless here and has almost no impact on the story.

Spoiler

She's more of a distraction to the Joker than a driving force.

 

That said, Gaga still does an amazing job with what she was given, and it's definitely her best performance to date—but man, she's so underused. Bechdel test: FAILED.

 

The first part of the movie is actually intriguing and sets up what seems like it could be a compelling story. But unfortunately, the second half drags hard. It got boring at points, and the musical numbers felt super random. Now I understand why they kept insisting it wasn't really a musical—

Spoiler

because the songs don't progress the story at all. They are for the most part "crazy moments" 

Honestly, they could have cut at least five musical numbers, and it would have made no difference to the story, but the viewing experience would have been better. The sets are amazing and so pleasing to the eyes tho

 

The film is very self-referential, constantly trying to connect to the first movie in a way that comes off as desperate and annoying at times.

The portrayal of mental illness also felt stereotypical again, just like the first film—a bit iffy.

 

This movie really thinks it's clever, different, but in my opinion, it's not as unique or thought-provoking as it thinks it is.

 

Now, the good stuff: the score is incredible, the cinematography is gorgeous, and Joaquin Phoenix is, of course, fantastic. Everything technical is on point, but it's the script that drags everything down. Is it the worst movie ever? No. Is it good? At times. Will I be going to my already booked screening on Friday? Eeeeh I have to think about it.

 

I'll give it a 3/5 because Gaga doesn't deserve any hate—she could've been amazing if they actually let her character be more than just a side note in the story.

 

About the ending without spoilers, it actually made sense for the movie and for what they were telling.

I blame BloodP*P, if only he hadn't touched HM we'd have the #1 album on the world rn

 

jy1aem-Zg35.gif

40 minutes ago, hausofbryan said:

what look is this even supposed to reference?

 

AKWKTUe.gif

 

we keep losing today 

It references the original dress that Gaga's Simpsons character wore back in the 2012 episode.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvLtLHdDwqCTy_ZKV4VyA

 

I should know because I'm a The Simpsons fan and her focus episode was one of the worst in the history of the show.

AKWKTUe.gif

2 minutes ago, jesus del rey said:

I blame BloodP*P, if only he hadn't touched HM we'd have the #1 album on the world rn

 

jy1aem-Zg35.gif

He is a success poison and a melody poison I fear. Mind you the production isn't the main feature of legend X's reflection so it's on Gaga for making   'mistake' and 'hand' tuneless 

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, TheGerm said:

omg it is so bad outside the base jesus christ 

its bad here too :giraffe:

1 minute ago, Sheep said:

I saw a monster in another thread called Gaga/monsters sassy and gay and iconic in another thread and say jazz makes us disintegrate down to our pubes. I won't tag the good sis but :rip:

I saw that and I -:DWAS: :DWAS:

 

Imagine releasing a cute little side project and your army of terminally online gays immediately goes into a doomspiraling mania. You'd think after a decade of Jazz projects they'd be able to roll with the punches a little better 

 

guys i need your help real quick; should i watch the first Joker to get Joker 2 or i'll be fine?

i'm seeing it tonight and i kinda want to go to sleep already as i'll have to wake up early, but i kinda need to watch the first Joker, right? 💀 😭 

1 minute ago, Mr. Stratus said:

He is a success poison and a melody poison I fear. Mind you the production isn't the main feature of legend X's reflection so it's on Gaga for making   'mistake' and 'hand' tuneless 

spacer.png

What do you mean sis, I literally have no idea who you are talking about. What is a Legend X?

 

jy1aem-Zg35.gif

Just now, Young In Love said:

guys i need your help real quick; should i watch the first Joker to get Joker 2 or i'll be fine?

i'm seeing it tonight and i kinda want to go to sleep already as i'll have to wake up early, but i kinda need to watch the first Joker, right? 💀 😭 

Yeah just watch it 

At least music Youtubers are loving Harleyquinn and appreciating for the gem it is

 

 spacer.png

7 minutes ago, opbranden said:

 

 

 

(I will put something under the spoiler tag even if I personally don't consider it spoiler. My whole reaction is spoiler free story wise.)

 

So... let's start...

 

What the hell, Todd, what the hell!!? You'll pay for your crimes spacer.png

 

Let me first say that I don't think it's a bad film per se, but what's the point?

 

The movie is visually stunning and definitely has its merits, but revisiting the the first movie just doesn't make for a compelling story. I get the intention of deconstructing the character but it basically feels

  Reveal hidden contents

like two hours and a half spent trying to "undo" the original.

 

Now, I have to admit, I watched the first movie because of all the hype from my friends and honestly, I thought it was good, but definitely overhyped and not deserving of the "masterpiece" title some people gave it.

 

This time around, I was mainly excited to see it because my queen, Lady Gaga, was playing Harley Quinn, one of the most iconic comic book villains. But let me warn you—if you're watching just for Gaga or for a mad-love type of story, you might be disappointed. :rip:

 

As much as I love her, her character feels pretty useless here and has almost no impact on the story.

  Reveal hidden contents

She's more of a distraction to the Joker than a driving force.

 

That said, Gaga still does an amazing job with what she was given, and it's definitely her best performance to date—but man, she's so underused. Bechdel test: FAILED.

 

The first part of the movie is actually intriguing and sets up what seems like it could be a compelling story. But unfortunately, the second half drags hard. It got boring at points, and the musical numbers felt super random. Now I understand why they kept insisting it wasn't really a musical—

  Reveal hidden contents

because the songs don't progress the story at all. They are for the most part "crazy moments" 

Honestly, they could have cut at least five musical numbers, and it would have made no difference to the story, but the viewing experience would have been better. The sets are amazing and so pleasing to the eyes tho

 

The film is very self-referential, constantly trying to connect to the first movie in a way that comes off as desperate and annoying at times.

The portrayal of mental illness also felt stereotypical again, just like the first film—a bit iffy.

 

This movie really thinks it's clever, different, but in my opinion, it's not as unique or thought-provoking as it thinks it is.

 

Now, the good stuff: the score is incredible, the cinematography is gorgeous, and Joaquin Phoenix is, of course, fantastic. Everything technical is on point, but it's the script that drags everything down. Is it the worst movie ever? No. Is it good? At times. Will I be going to my already booked screening on Friday? Eeeeh I have to think about it.

 

I'll give it a 3/5 because Gaga doesn't deserve any hate—she could've been amazing if they actually let her character be more than just a side note in the story.

 

About the ending without spoilers, it actually made sense for the movie and for what they were telling.

Oh, Turd Phillips when I catch you 

 

ladygagawtf.gif

 

Just now, Young In Love said:

guys i need your help real quick; should i watch the first Joker to get Joker 2 or i'll be fine?

i'm seeing it tonight and i kinda want to go to sleep already as i'll have to wake up early, but i kinda need to watch the first Joker, right? 💀 😭 

From what we are hearing you don't even have to see the second one sis, enjoy your sleep

 

jy1aem-Zg35.gif

2 minutes ago, jesus del rey said:

What do you mean sis, I literally have no idea who you are talking about. What is a Legend X?

 

jy1aem-Zg35.gif

That girl that was popular back in the 90s who they compared to Brit

spacer.png
 

also what a mess @opbranden review how the he'll am I gonna convince my cousin and sister to see this panned bomb if Gaga barely features

spacer.png

Edited by Mr. Stratus

Just now, Mr. Stratus said:

That girl that was popular back in the 90s who they compared to Brit

spacer.png

OT: FAD

 

jy1aem-Zg35.gif

17 minutes ago, opbranden said:

Now, I have to admit, I watched the first movie because of all the hype from my friends and honestly, I thought it was good, but definitely overhyped and not deserving of the "masterpiece" title some people gave it.

I actually just watched it for the first time last night to prepare for my screening here in a few hours and without the context of the hype surrounding it, it was one of the worst films I've seen in a while. It was visually stunning and Joaquin gave an oscar-worthy performance but those are the only nice things I can say about it.

 

It beat you over the head with every single event in a way that stripped ALL subtlety out of what's supposed to be a character-driven drama(like for real why do a montage of his hallucinations after it's been made apparent they weren't real, or give Bruce Wayne more screentime than anything with plot relevance, even showing the death scene TWICE in 10 minutes). 

 

Arthur was the only round character in an over 2 hour runtime, normal for a superhero film but considering there's no real action here to draw focus it's unforgiveable.

 

Almost none of the events of the plot have any relevance to his character arc which was set in stone on an unwavering trajectory from the first few minutes, which made the payoff satisfying but the 2 hours spent getting to it feel pointless and stretched out. We really didn't need paternity drama or to treat the fact that he was a victim of child abuse like it was a big gaggy twist, neither of those things mattered in the end.

 

 

 

 

I also found it very funny how incels ran with the film as something that is meaningful to them because the film(put out by a multi-billion dollar media conglomerate closely managed by a board of turbo-conservatives) beats you over the head with the message that the poor, lonely, and mentally ill are all villains who need billionaires to keep them in check.  :deadbanana4:

 

 

The fact that people keep repeating the criticism that JFAD tries to upset fans of and undo the story of the first is the only thing other than seeing Lady Gaga's face on an imax screen that's keeping me excited for tonight. :deadbanana4:

Edited by Sheep

6 minutes ago, Young In Love said:

guys i need your help real quick; should i watch the first Joker to get Joker 2 or i'll be fine?

i'm seeing it tonight and i kinda want to go to sleep already as i'll have to wake up early, but i kinda need to watch the first Joker, right? 💀 😭 

not you posting this while i was typing a spoiler filled manifesto about the first movie ddddd

So anyways, what do we think Notorious Being is about?

 

jy1aem-Zg35.gif

 

What is "notorious" about her that she's referencing in the song? I have a theory it might be about the man rumors because she just mentioned it all these years later; and she says "being" so she might be playing an androgynous alter ego like Joe :mandown:

13 minutes ago, opbranden said:

 

Bechdel test: FAILED.

Never beating the Incel movie allegations.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlL2OOwkzudZn3Euw1TRu8E2iT2mlh_EVUXg&usqp=CAU

13 minutes ago, TheGerm said:

omg it is so bad outside the base jesus christ 

Thats the reason i will leave this forum. OGHs and Katykats are insuferable. 

14 minutes ago, opbranden said:

 

 

 

(I will put something under the spoiler tag even if I personally don't consider it spoiler. My whole reaction is spoiler free story wise.)

 

So... let's start...

 

What the hell, Todd, what the hell!!? You'll pay for your crimes spacer.png

 

Let me first say that I don't think it's a bad film per se, but what's the point?

 

The movie is visually stunning and definitely has its merits, but revisiting the the first movie just doesn't make for a compelling story. I get the intention of deconstructing the character but it basically feels

  Hide contents

like two hours and a half spent trying to "undo" the original.

 

Now, I have to admit, I watched the first movie because of all the hype from my friends and honestly, I thought it was good, but definitely overhyped and not deserving of the "masterpiece" title some people gave it.

 

This time around, I was mainly excited to see it because my queen, Lady Gaga, was playing Harley Quinn, one of the most iconic comic book villains. But let me warn you—if you're watching just for Gaga or for a mad-love type of story, you might be disappointed. :rip:

 

As much as I love her, her character feels pretty useless here and has almost no impact on the story.

  Hide contents

She's more of a distraction to the Joker than a driving force.

 

That said, Gaga still does an amazing job with what she was given, and it's definitely her best performance to date—but man, she's so underused. Bechdel test: FAILED.

 

The first part of the movie is actually intriguing and sets up what seems like it could be a compelling story. But unfortunately, the second half drags hard. It got boring at points, and the musical numbers felt super random. Now I understand why they kept insisting it wasn't really a musical—

  Hide contents

because the songs don't progress the story at all. They are for the most part "crazy moments" 

Honestly, they could have cut at least five musical numbers, and it would have made no difference to the story, but the viewing experience would have been better. The sets are amazing and so pleasing to the eyes tho

 

The film is very self-referential, constantly trying to connect to the first movie in a way that comes off as desperate and annoying at times.

The portrayal of mental illness also felt stereotypical again, just like the first film—a bit iffy.

 

This movie really thinks it's clever, different, but in my opinion, it's not as unique or thought-provoking as it thinks it is.

 

Now, the good stuff: the score is incredible, the cinematography is gorgeous, and Joaquin Phoenix is, of course, fantastic. Everything technical is on point, but it's the script that drags everything down. Is it the worst movie ever? No. Is it good? At times. Will I be going to my already booked screening on Friday? Eeeeh I have to think about it.

 

I'll give it a 3/5 because Gaga doesn't deserve any hate—she could've been amazing if they actually let her character be more than just a side note in the story.

 

About the ending without spoilers, it actually made sense for the movie and for what they were telling.

so, best actress nomination in the bag? 

 

:suburban:

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.