Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (โ‹ฎ) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

14 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

if we are indeed getting a seperate Harlee Quin inspired album I actually wouldnt mind and would even encourage her team to postpone LG7 so that we can get two singles from this Harlee Quin inspired album of sorts instead....It'd be so weird to just get one single from this record and then have one single for LG7 and then thats itย 

LG7 is already scheduled for February, so they must have planned it months in advance. That makes me think they don't see the Harlequin album as a "full album." Otherwise, why release "DWAS" a month earlier as a standalone single? It doesn't really add up... Maybe Harlequin is just a passion project, more of an EP, and not intended for commercial success?ย :huh:

ย 

I know multiple songs from the same artist can coexist and still be successful, but with "DWAS," Harlequin, and the LG7 lead all dropping within 3 weeks, it just feels like too much for the GP. Something is bound to underperform with that kind of overlap.

ย 

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.7m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

1 minute ago, opbranden said:

LG7 is already scheduled for February, so they must have planned it months in advance. That makes me think they don't see the Harlequin album as a "full album." Otherwise, why release "DWAS" a month earlier as a standalone single? It doesn't really add up... Maybe Harlequin is just a passion project, more of an EP, and not intended for commercial success?ย :huh:

ย 

I know multiple songs from the same artist can coexist and still be successful, but with "DWAS," Harlequin, and the LG7 lead all dropping within 3 weeks, it just feels like too much for the GP. Something is bound to underperform with that kind of overlap.

ย 

Hadn't thought of it possibly being a passion project EP. This is the only explanation that slightly makes sense to me tbh! You're on to something.

And that's my fear too...too many projects all together after such a huge drought is bound to make one or two or ALL of them cancel eachother out. She needs to space these things a little more if she intends on having them all be commercially viable. If not then like you said, it's prob just a passion project. But the way she isย  teasing this new song makes it feel like it will get a lead single type of push. I'm so confused :deadbanana:

20 minutes ago, Janet said:

Why is interscope okay with her dropping 3 albums within 5 months? :rip:ย 

Idk maybe because the past couple of years that has been the modus operandi that led Taylor Swift to be the biggest artist in the world by a huge margin.ย 

1 minute ago, Miichael said:

"Leading" and "supporting" roles can actually be pretty loose terms that aren't always determined by screen time. Gaga is classed as a lead in JFAD because her character is integral to the story and she received top billing alongside Joaquin. I wouldn't be surprised if WB have decided to focus her awards campaign being in the supporting categories because the film's reviews were mixed so maybe they just think that will be an easier goal. I doubt that her scenes that were cut reduced her screen time that dramatically as she started filming over a month after Joaquin, she must have known beforehand that she would have less screen time than him.

That makes sense! If they had cut so much scene time that it was significant to her role it would definitely make releasing an album based on her character a bit difficult logistically. Still, I hope we can see those cut scenes one dayย :clownny:

22 minutes ago, Ego. said:

Does anyone know if Gaga was ever going to be a lead in the movie before scene cuts? I just find it surprising she would make an album for a movie she's only supporting in :sherlock:ย 

Well Beyonce made an whole album with visuals for narrating two lines in lion king movie.

The eerie ambient sounds in that snippet oh she's comingย :duca:ย I would absolutely love an 'inspired by' companion album from her, she's sort of the perfect artist to do it in all honesty with how deep she dives into her film roles.

6 minutes ago, Ego. said:

That makes sense! If they had cut so much scene time that it was significant to her role it would definitely make releasing an album based on her character a bit difficult logistically. Still, I hope we can see those cut scenes one dayย :clownny:

Yeah, I mean 50 minutes of screen time in a movie is a lot for any actor so I think some of the reactions from liddos have been a bit OTT. It was always expected to me that Arthur would have more screen time than Harley. I expected her to have a bit more screen time but I don't think the difference is major. What I am mad about though is

ย 

Spoiler

the fact that the stairs scene and the scene of her kissing the protester were both cut :rip:

ย 

Edited by Miichael

6 minutes ago, Miichael said:

Yeah, I mean 50 minutes of screen time in a movie is a lot for any actor so I think some of the reactions from liddos have been a bit OTT. It was always expected to me that Arthur would have more screen time than Harley. I expected her to have a bit more screen time but I don't think the difference is major. What I am mad about though is

ย 

ย  Reveal hidden contents

the fact that the stairs scene and the scene of her kissing the protester were both cut :rip:

ย 

Those being 2 of the only scenes we knew about before the movie came outย :rip:ย truly tragic

When this new "Harlequin" album becomes her most critically acclaimed record with a 94 MC score but the haters credit Lee and not Gaga for it's success...

ughwhere-rachel-show-me-to-me-please.gif

Edited by IBeMe

6 minutes ago, Daglazzo said:

Announcement tomorrowย 

wait-

10 minutes ago, Daglazzo said:

Announcement tomorrowย 

ooh give it to me Rachelย 

ย 

where-rachel-show-me-to-me-please.gif

3 minutes ago, Puttanesca said:

I went grocery shopping has she released the secret project yet?

ย 

ezgif-2-61a76994d5.gif

Literally me right now :dies:ย 

ย 

But the grocery store played DWAS and Hot To Go. The big autumn pop smashes right nowย 

People in here complaining about her complaining about doing too much at onceย :coffee2:

ย 

ya'll are really never happy.

ย 

We have literally just seen with Taylor Swift that constant exposure in this climate garners mass awareness & if the "content" is good enough, then mass success too.

ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by Miss Fortune
Grammar

  • Popular Post

Me passing out the popcorn tomorrow for the countdowns and/or mental breakdowns

ย 

qyy8gWS.gif

ย 

ย 

ย is that secret project original original or just covers?????? I need to knoow:jonny3:

omg I just learned about the new snippet ! It would be incredible if DWAS was a part of this "special project", I hate when songs don't get a home... I'm so excited!ย :WAP:

5 minutes ago, Saint James said:

ezgif-2-61a76994d5.gif

ย 

this wig lay is her worst in years

I hope someone is devoted to me the way Freddie is devoted to his thin ass weaves

ezgif-2-61a76994d5.gif

5 minutes ago, Miss Fortune said:

People in here complaining about her complaining about doing too much at onceย :coffee2:

ย 

ya'll are really never happy.

ย 

We have literally just seen with Taylor Swift that constant exposure in this climate garners mass awareness & if the "content" is good enough, then mass success too.

ย 

ย 

ย 

I don't think anyone's complaining; the vibes are great. We're all excited about what's to come, just a bit unsure about how everything will come together.ย :party:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions โ†’ Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.