Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

1 minute ago, TrymeB said:

Fair enough. I genuinely think Gaga lost interest in music for the past decade. I felt she was being stifled. I only saw the joy in MusicGa yesterday (after a long long time) when she was teasing LG7. Let's hope she is fully excited to put it out. It will show in the album.  

Yeah, I hope so. I was responding more to all of the posts with JFAD promo plans most likely. :deadbanana: I was like "ugh, not another awards circuit.."

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

Just now, Chaos Angel said:

Joanne was released October 21 before Election in 2016 so she's no stranger to that. If anything, I can see her wanting to release close to the election to make her dent.

Her next Come to Mama will cost Harris the election

 

:ryan3:

1 minute ago, hausofbryan said:

Yeah, the issue is that she does that and then abandons the era. It's literally happened multiple times since 2011. :rip: I was speaking in general. 

2011 onwards has been some of the most traumatic moments of her music career, see ARTPOP and her unease reliving her trauma being forced to record Chromatica.

 

Instead of being confused why she lost her passion during those difficult years just be excited she is more invigorated than ever about her music 

2 minutes ago, Hexchromatica said:

..You didn't see her outside her hotel excitedly playing music to her fans last night?

I know, right? * It's getting weird.gif *

 

Also, Gaga's career got a second wind because of A Star Is Born.

 

 Kamala Harris Waiting GIF by Election 2020

4 minutes ago, Edonis said:

y'all forget that joanne was released in late october, mere weeks before the biggest election disaster happened in US history (well...second to bush winning in 2000, but that's something else...) 

 

I know it seems like there's a lot on the line right now, but there will always be something going on and that can't be the reason lady gaga can't release music. 

I replied to an user claiming November is out of question for the elections, pointing out mid and late October will be about those as well. I haven't said Gaga can't release music because of that. 
 

In my previous posts, I stated September would be more ideal because in November Xmas music takes over, I didn't even mention elections if not to reply to other people posts. 

1 minute ago, Hexchromatica said:

2011 onwards has been some of the most traumatic moments of her music career, see ARTPOP and her unease reliving her trauma being forced to record Chromatica.

 

Instead of being confused why she lost her passion during those difficult years just be excited she is more invigorated than ever about her music 

:huh:

1 hour ago, TedLasso said:

She's not talking about music, I think it's the stage  

 

1 hour ago, jesus del rey said:

Sis you exist in the context, this was not about the new music

Right. That explains why I don't remember her hinting LG7 sound. :deadbanana4:

Just now, Michelangelo said:

I know, right? * It's getting weird.gif *

 

Also, Gaga's career got a second wind because of A Star Is Born.

 

 Kamala Harris Waiting GIF by Election 2020

And yet she still only released one single.

1 minute ago, hausofbryan said:

:huh:

I'm not trying to pick a fight I'm just saying, you're a gaga fan, you must know she was deeply unhappy after ARTPOP 

1 minute ago, hausofbryan said:

And yet she still only released one single.

The biggest single of her career

4 minutes ago, Leptine said:

I replied to an user claiming November is out of question for the elections, pointing out mid and late October will be about those as well. I haven't said Gaga can't release music because of that. 
 

In my previous posts, I stated September would be more ideal because in November Xmas music takes over, I didn't even mention elections if not to reply to other people posts. 

ah, that makes sense. apologies for jumping on you!

Just now, Hexchromatica said:

The biggest single of her career

Which is why it's even more absurd she decided to abandon the music. 

2 minutes ago, Hexchromatica said:

I'm not trying to pick a fight I'm just saying, you're a gaga fan, you must know she was deeply unhappy after ARTPOP 

There's no evidence that she was "forced" to record Chromatica..

Just now, hausofbryan said:

Which is why it's even more absurd she decided to abandon the music. 

Ok head of interscope whatever you say 

Just now, Hexchromatica said:

Ok head of interscope whatever you say 

Well, babe, if you're a Little Cupcake you could've just said so from the start. 

 

:ryan3:

2 minutes ago, Hexchromatica said:

The biggest single of her career

Global Face remains GodGa's biggest single. But Shallow is definitely top 3, possibly top 2. But yes, Gaga would probably be doing close to Katy / Kesha numbers if it weren't for Shallow.

Just now, hausofbryan said:

There's no evidence that she was "forced" to record Chromatica..

She clearly wasn't in the mood to make a record

Quote

 

"I would cry and I would say 'I'm miserable, I'm sad, I'm depressed,' and [Bloodpop] would go: 'I know, and we're gonna go make some music now.' And then I'd go downstairs and I'd write 'Stupid Love', we'd make another song.

 

1 minute ago, hausofbryan said:

Well, babe, if you're a Little Cupcake you could've just said so from the start. 

 

:ryan3:

Thank you for introducing me to the block button on here 

4 minutes ago, hausofbryan said:

There's no evidence that she was "forced" to record Chromatica..

Do your ******* research :suburban:

5 minutes ago, hausofbryan said:

There's no evidence that she was "forced" to record Chromatica..

Did she not say during the Zane Lowe interview that Bloodpop literally had to force her out of bed or off the balcony to record? It's been 4 years so I could be misremembering what was said, but I thought it was generally known that Chromatica was not a labor of love and just something she was "forced" to do.. 

I was just thinking that we were finally united around abracadabra and zombie, with no fighting or discussions... Well, it ended quickly. :suburban:

10 minutes ago, hausofbryan said:

There's no evidence that she was "forced" to record Chromatica..

Yeah, this narrative is rooted in the idea she doesn't have autonomy and is some kind of label puppet. We can argue she was disconnected from the album, but the idea she was forced is stupid as hell.

5 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

aaaand we're back to in-fighting

:suburban:

Only took 22 hours, improvement I'd say :suburban:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.