Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

15 songs technically doesnt mean the full length song will be in the movie. It could be like a 10 second music clip but they have still have to credit it, but have the full version on the soundtrack 

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

2 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

15 songs technically doesnt mean the full length song will be in the movie. It could be like a 10 second music clip but they have still have to credit it, but have the full version on the soundtrack 

For sure, no way they will play all of them in their entire lenght.

Joker is just a visual album for new jazz cover era

 

And think about it, Joaquin Phoenix initials are JP like jazz and piano 

 

LGJP1 coming to outsell LGTB1 and 2

They probably break into song and dance throughout the movie to reflect their descent into insanity!:jonny:

The news of 15 songs in joker hasn't gone down well at all :rip: 

 

Going to the Beyoncé base to see if the Telephone 2 rumors are true, wish me luck 

 

 

Some of the 15 song could be just a short humming or echoing in a far background, but Gar will sing the full song on the album, I suppose. 

1 hour ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Insiders spilling tea on things not happening in the past. A new low.

:ryan3:

This. Mindtrappa knows nothing :rip: always spilling tea we already know or tea that is safe to assume. Ignore ha.

15 covers of jazz songs… girl

 

If it weren't for GodGa, my ass would not be in that movie theater seat let's just say that 

 

:clack:

  • ATRL Moderator

wouldnt be surprised her lazy ass using 15 jazz covers off her J&P setlist. :toofunny3:

I love JazzGa but atp that's all there is to her. LG7 is her last chance to revitalize her fanbase I fear...

Her opening her mouth to sing every 5 minutes like Mean Girls musical :dancehall2:

The whole 15 song thing full of jazz covers for the film seems very overwhelming for the gp. Ppl aren't reacting very well. Some I praying that it turns up good and putting there faith on Todd Philips. It does feel very risky for a super hero film. I can agree with some people takes this film can either be one of the most unique and best super hero films in history or it will be a comeplete bomb. I think Gaga, Todd, and Joaquin will have to do a lot interviews to explain. 

If she records 15+ covers for the soundtrack and doesn't include New York, New York im going to spam 1 star reviews

9 minutes ago, killer_rose said:

I love JazzGa but atp that's all there is to her. LG7 is her last chance to revitalize her fanbase I fear...

Yeah I somewhat agree. I understand she loves jazz music but I think after JFAD it's clear fans just don't care anymore and love 4 sale is clear proof of that. I'm glad Gaga numbers on her Vegas jazz shows are doing great but everything else. It's clear nobody is really checking for jazz material. It makes me wonder if people are really want to listen to Gaga do jazz shows or people are mostly just buying tickets cause they want too see Gaga herself do something. 

1 minute ago, Happylittlepunk said:

Yeah I somewhat agree. I understand she loves jazz music but I think after JFAD it's clear fans just don't care anymore and love 4 sale is clear proof of that. I'm glad Gaga numbers on her Vegas jazz shows are doing great but everything else. It's clear nobody is really checking for jazz material. It makes me wonder if people are really want to listen to Gaga do jazz shows or people are mostly just buying tickets cause they want too see Gaga herself do something. 

Well, I believe people go to see the Jazz show because it is top notch. One might not be a fan of jazz music but it's worth because she makes it work wonderfully.

A Star is Born has a 30 tracks soundtrack and it was not annoying at all, although the focus was music. I don't think the team and director behind Joker are stupid enough not to know how their audience would hate a musical with constant singing and dancing, I have high hopes it will flow and captivate us, instead of a jarring trash like that Mean Girls thing.

 

lady gaga GIF

Edited by Pipii

when was the last time we had a straightforward era that went more or less to plan

 

:suburban:

17 minutes ago, Happylittlepunk said:

The whole 15 song thing full of jazz covers for the film seems very overwhelming for the gp. Ppl aren't reacting very well. Some I praying that it turns up good and putting there faith on Todd Philips. It does feel very risky for a super hero film. I can agree with some people takes this film can either be one of the most unique and best super hero films in history or it will be a comeplete bomb. I think Gaga, Todd, and Joaquin will have to do a lot interviews to explain. 

In fairness, a lot of people genuinely don't know about musicals apart from the happy-go-lucky Hollywood fluff. The amount of people who genuinely think that Joker is gonna be turned into La La Land or Wonka... :rip: 

 

It seems like they're going in a much darker, subversive direction where musical elements are used in a surreal, psychological way. Its very similar to 70s concept musicals like Cabaret and Sondheim's work. If executed well, it has the chance to really blow a lot of people's minds as to what film musicals can be. 

Didn't someone just say JFAD wasn't even a musical per se? And now we're allegedly getting an entire album or sumn...

 

nicki.png

 

The math ain't mathing.

 

nicki.png

Imagining a 911 scenario where the "musical" aspect is an artist way or even happier way of expressing what's happening in real time. So say Harleen is performing Sway, maybe the set is very vibrant and "happy go lucky" but there's flashes of reality in it, she's not really riding a clean taxi cab with a happy driver but a dirty subway, when she's opening a fake door into sunshine and flowers she's actually going into an abandoned building, etc. 

Edited by TedLasso

Honestly I get kinda irked when I hear people complain about "jazz" 


I think the majority of "we hate jazz" stans are just tired of the same performances of the same cover songs over and over again and it has nothing to do with the genre. Like if Gaga actually put a lot of effort into a jazz rebrand with a solid original studio album she could do incredibly well with some Norah Jones type stuff, especially if she finally releases Captivated. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.