Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

 

i think of this and the other monster ball visuals daily

7 minutes ago, zoldyck said:

That really same out of nowhere, like we were all so sure after BAFTA nomination.

Yeah, it's basically the argument I was making the previous pages, nothing is really sure these days with awards until the end, we learned (or at least I did) in the worst way, it was totally a slap in the face out of nowhere.

I still think the HOG snub was due to it being only her second major role and the Academy would be kind of snobbish about nominating her for both of her first two movies, plus the lukewarm reception to the movie in general didn’t help even though her performance was largely acclaimed

Edited by Miichael

I think we learned that the British voting block really loves Gaga, and she's clearly liked by the music branch of AMPAS so if JFAD is received well I think she could really sweep.

Hoping that performance will be undeniable. If JFAD will premiere at Venice and in competition and she wins Volpi Cup, she can win the Oscars. 
 

next year’s awards season will be a mess because of Gaga. Haters from AW and GD will

lose their minds. 

This is truly one of the rare cases in which I like a Gaga cover, since I wasn't really a fan of the ones in the BTW 10 years anniversary.

 

 

The original one of course will always remain superior, but this girl managed to give justice to the song.

Did yall hear the ratchet full version that leaked yesterday? 

22 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

I think we learned that the British voting block really loves Gaga, and she's clearly liked by the music branch of AMPAS so if JFAD is received well I think she could really sweep.

Yes, which is not granted or easy, her having two BAFTA nominations as lead actress at her first two movies is still very impressive, people don't give the right importance to this achievement.

 

 

1 hour ago, Leptine said:

This is truly one of the rare cases in which I like a Gaga cover, since I wasn't really a fan of the ones in the BTW 10 years anniversary.

 

 

The original one of course will always remain superior, but this girl managed to give justice to the song.

Listen to Starfucker. It's like The Fame's daughter :clap3:

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

I think we learned that the British voting block really loves Gaga

the way the only era the UK didn't stan her was Joanne :suburban:

4 minutes ago, Almodusa said:

Need her to at least win SAG :suburban:

If she wins SAG and/or BAFTA and then loses the Oscar it's over for us. :suburban:

4 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

If she wins SAG and/or BAFTA and then loses the Oscar it's over for us. :suburban:

so The Wife or Tár 2.0

3 hours ago, zoldyck said:

That really same out of nowhere, like we were all so sure after BAFTA nomination.

this past year proved that campaigning thick & thin is everything something Cruz & Stewart managed to effectively do better, nabbing all the pre-cursors can only go so far

32 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

If she wins SAG and/or BAFTA and then loses the Oscar it's over for us. :suburban:

I don't mind it, winning SAG/BAFTA is huge achievement on their own

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

If she wins SAG and/or BAFTA and then loses the Oscar it's over for us. :suburban:

 

But yeah it would still be an amazing achievement.

1 hour ago, Freaky Prince said:

Listen to Starfucker. It's like The Fame's daughter :clap3:

I'm getting into it, love this song

 

 

:khalyan:

5 hours ago, Kékette said:

 

The way this base was so SURE that the strike was preventing her from releasing TCB. It's like where have this been all these years? :rofl:

Personally, I'm going into JFAD awards season with a carefree attitude. She already has an Oscar so the pressure isn't there. Yeah, it'd be nice for her to win an acting Oscar but she ALREADY has an Oscar.

 

I'm more invested in her winning a SAG.

 

channels4_profile.thumb.jpg.1adcaa19a133

Edited by Aden

9 minutes ago, Aden said:

Personally, I'm going into JFAD awards season with a carefree attitude. She already has an Oscar so the pressure isn't there. Yeah, it'd be nice for her to win an acting Oscar but she ALREADY has an Oscar.

 

I'm more invested in her winning a SAG.

 

channels4_profile.thumb.jpg.1adcaa19a133

She needs a best actress Oscar. That’s the most important award for her to receive now. 
 

Especially with Billie about to win her second best song Oscar. 
 

An acting Oscar is way more prestigious than a best song Oscar. But since Shallow was so massive, it was a very meaningful award 

2 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

She needs a best actress Oscar. That’s the most important award for her to receive now. 
 

Especially with Billie about to win her second best song Oscar. 
 

An acting Oscar is way more prestigious than a best song Oscar. But since Shallow was so massive, it was a very meaningful award 

She doesn't really need it for the EGOT game, and has a whole acting career ahead of her with opportunities to go for Best Actress.

 

And Billie or whoever winning more Oscars is arbitrary and has nothing to do with her.

2 minutes ago, Aden said:

She doesn't really need it for the EGOT game, and has a whole acting career ahead of her with opportunities to go for Best Actress.

 

And Billie or whoever winning more Oscars is arbitrary and has nothing to do with her.

EGOTs are irrelevant. 
 

Gaga’s acting career is red hot right now. She has the momentum to get nominated and win. Yes, maybe 20 years later from now she might have another chance, but she needs to snatch this opportunity

 

Regardless of awards, JFAD will probably be the biggest acting role of her career 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.