Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
The New Releases 💿

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

4 hours ago, The Witch said:

Bad Bunny posted Godga on his IG story. Horse labs commented: "el conejo y la jefa" 

 

:jonnycat:

 

@Universo @Blade Runner

Poor Benito. The most he's gonna get from Gags (besides the SNL thingy) is a PR package full of lipsticks and eyeshadows. :weeps::shakeno::shakeno::shakeno: 

 

When I catch you Miss Lady Gaga I swear to God...

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.6m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

4 hours ago, Artur said:

I don't understand. #1 album, #1 song, big collabs, stadium tour and some songs were really good. Maybe it's because of the lack of promo at the time. And for them making the era so small. :noparty: All these 2-single eras are so bad for her numbers.

I blame the lack of chorus in 80% of the songs 

4 hours ago, Artur said:

 

Chroma completely bombing, almost every song got a negative week to week difference.  :deadbanana4: 

 

I really don't get it, it's not even a bad album. I never expected it to serve tons of longevity since the era was a mess. But still, at this rate it's gonna be surpassed by ARTPOP in a few months.

 

I blame Stupid Noise! :eli:

 

Hopefully LG7 is a fully promoted era with at least 4 singles.

11 hours ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

If my memory recalls Blandsh*t still lost for that role. Perhaps she should work with Daniels who directed 3 winning performances in 1 movie :gaycat2:

 

10 hours ago, hausofdave said:

lbr she only lost b/c of the historic narrative behind Yeoh’s campaign as well as the anomaly that was EEAAO which even carried Curtis to her win. any other recent years and Blanchett would’ve easily done a clean sweep 

 

9 hours ago, AbeHicks said:

Well, if you watch EEAO and Tár it's clear which performance is deserving. Yeoh won because they wanted to give it to a POC.

Both performances were amazing at the end, Blanchett performance was just more dramatic (indeed she was in Drama at the Globe while the other in Comedy) and in line with what  the Academy tends to reward, but Yeoh had the strongest movie which was very original-different and that became an immediate cult even with the general audience, a movie that nobody was expecting that success.

 

Having the strongest and more loved movie has always helped a lot also the acting wins, that is how Jamie Lee also managed to win over Angela Bassett, we really need JFAD to be a great movie in general and I hope that the unexpected musical direction + allucination of it will be making it something particular like EEAAO was indeed.

 

Gaga would be really perfect to work with the Daniels.

6 hours ago, BlondUnicorn said:

BTW having the most songs in the top 20.

Yeah, her best album did that. 
 

:cm:

OMG, Rain On Me outside her Top 15 at 229k streams.

This is REALLY tragic, like what the hell happened with this song?

 

It was quite a smash, and the song is good, why then it lacks longevity?

Edited by Andraslop

 

1. The Queen

2. Government Hooker

3. Sour Candy

4. Gypsy

5. Swine

7 hours ago, Artur said:

 

Chroma completely bombing, almost every song got a negative week to week difference.  :deadbanana4: 

 

I really don't get it, it's not even a bad album. I never expected it to serve tons of longevity since the era was a mess. But still, at this rate it's gonna be surpassed by ARTPOP in a few months.

 

I blame Stupid Noise! :eli:

 

PopGa already having longevtiy issue + GP kinda saying no + 2 singles + no sh*t load of trad promo on top of all the streaming payola

 

2 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Hopefully LG7 is a fully promoted era with at least 4 singles.

 

5 hours ago, Pop Art said:

I was bored and for the first time in years (?) decided to really think about what my 10 favorite Gaga songs are (in no particular order):

 

Poker Face

Paparazzi

Bad Romance

Alejandro

Marry the Night

Venus

Applause

Shallow

Alice

Rain On Me

i see nothing but taste :clap3:

1 hour ago, Andraslop said:

OMG, Rain On Me outside her Top 15 at 229k streams.

This is REALLY tragic, like what the hell happened with this song?

 

It was quite a smash, and the song is good, why then it lacks longevity?

When will it hit 1B? :wave2:

Tbh I lowkey want her to take as much as time with LG7 and only do it for herself, not for anyone else. Joanne was for her father and Chromatica happened because BloodPop forced her to do it and it's obvious it was made for the fans who miss DanceGa. I don't want any music from her until she feels passionate for it, she enjoys the process and desires to do it. I want her to be excited about LG7. 

 

Spoiler

I am feeling this way because right now I am watching Kelela's live stream for her remix album and seeing her so passionate and excited about her music made me miss when Gaga was like that. 

 

Spoiler

For the Kelela stans, for the girls who have taste and only for bad b*tches:

 

Spoiler

 

 

 

 

1 hour ago, jesus del rey said:

Tbh I lowkey want her to take as much as time with LG7 and only do it for herself, not for anyone else. Joanne was for her father and Chromatica happened because BloodPop forced her to do it and it's obvious it was made for the fans who miss DanceGa. I don't want any music from her until she feels passionate for it, she enjoys the process and desires to do it. I want her to be excited about LG7. 

This. Although I would say her fans forced her, not BloodPop. My biggest issue with Chromatica (aside from it being boring) is that you can tell it was born out of obligation rather than creativity. It's the first time I ever felt like she released a product rather than an album. 

 

Like you said, LG7 needs to driven by her regardless of what genre it turns out to be. 

Gaga and her team only seem to care about a strong debut week. Chromatica could have been a massive era with Sour Candy and Replay/Free Woman as singles, but she obviously isn’t interested in giving her albums longevity anymore

3 hours ago, Andraslop said:

OMG, Rain On Me outside her Top 15 at 229k streams.

This is REALLY tragic, like what the hell happened with this song?

 

It was quite a smash, and the song is good, why then it lacks longevity?

I think it’s the “soft production” when it needs big, hard beats. The breakdown is too quiet - you have to put it to max volume to hear all the details. With less compression and higher levels, it would have made its mark much more 

Chromatica was indeed a product, the only time I felt it was an actual album was during the tour... but beyond that, she felt very distant from it

say what you want about Joanne, but the way she ran to every interview and always sounded passionate about it, same for ARTPOP

but with Chromatica it was always the "I was depressed, Bloodpop made me come out to the basement and write and record, he said no piano songs on this record, only dance. Dance is the real Gaga."

3 hours ago, jesus del rey said:

Tbh I lowkey want her to take as much as time with LG7 and only do it for herself, not for anyone else. Joanne was for her father and Chromatica happened because BloodPop forced her to do it and it's obvious it was made for the fans who miss DanceGa. I don't want any music from her until she feels passionate for it, she enjoys the process and desires to do it. I want her to be excited about LG7. 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

I am feeling this way because right now I am watching Kelela's live stream for her remix album and seeing her so passionate and excited about her music made me miss when Gaga was like that. 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

For the Kelela stans, for the girls who have taste and only for bad b*tches:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

 

 

Kelela released my favourite album of the year, a masterpiece.

10 hours ago, Bhabylon said:

I really hope the Eras and Renaissance tours make Gaga and her team step up their stage game for the next tour

Eras tour ain't nothing special visually, if Gaga did something like that y'all would drag her so much

Me for the past 10 years:

 

7 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Hopefully LG7 is a fully promoted era with at least 4 singles.

:thing:

Idk if she truly felt "forced" to release Chromatica. Like, why would she go through the trouble of planning a huge roll-out if there wasn't some passion for the project? She's clearly not success driven so she wasn't putting all that effort just to score more hits. And she arguably had to put some level of effort for the the work to result in her best album since Born This Way, especially when it came to the lyrical content.

 

I think something happened behind the scenes that made her lose interest in promoting Chromatica that we'll never truly know about, and we'll have to be at peace with that.

I have the pleasure to announce you

Chromatica left the only chart it was still charting on

Billboard Top Dance/Electronic Album Chart

fxwa.gif

 

The Fame and BTW are still top 10

1 hour ago, luckythisway said:


Gar’s Holly Jervis’d vocals COULD NEVER :jonny:

SOTY.

 

Gaga could easily deliver soothing and soft vocals if she wants and honestly I think it's time for her to go in that direction for a change, she proved to be a vocalist.

44 minutes ago, Aden said:

Idk if she truly felt "forced" to release Chromatica. Like, why would she go through the trouble of planning a huge roll-out if there wasn't some passion for the project? She's clearly not success driven so she wasn't putting all that effort just to score more hits. And she arguably had to put some level of effort for the the work to result in her best album since Born This Way, especially when it came to the lyrical content.

 

I think something happened behind the scenes that made her lose interest in promoting Chromatica that we'll never truly know about, and we'll have to be at peace with that.

She had tried to relaunch the era twice but failed, plus she even helped putting up a fundraising concert in the midway, I believe she just thought it was the best for her mental health to give in.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.