Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

59 minutes ago, Pop Art said:

At the end of the day we have no idea how they come up with these numbers, but from what we can piece together, I don't see how Gaga wouldn't make more if she went down this route (which I hope she doesn't).

She's moved significantly more album units than Katy and almost as many as Justin (we can't count features or songs that aren't theirs in terms of these things), has shown her brand is more profitable between the three through touring, and has infinitely more acclaim and industry goodwill than the two combined.

Just because Justin does better on streaming doesn't outweigh the fact that Gaga has shown her musical career to be more profitable overall and is the person between the three that people are most willing to spend money on in one way or another. I can't say if that would influence these types of decisions, but I'd imagine someone looking to make this type of investment would be willing to pay more for someone who commands more purchases and money from consumers. (Then again, Justin is bigger than Katy in that regard and she still got more, so who really knows how they decide these things. :deadbanana:)

Estimated WW Career Album Units

Justin Bieber: 77.351M (27.316 Sales + 12.101M TEA + 37.99M SEA)

Lady Gaga: 77.077M (36.002 Sales + 19.116M TEA + 21.831M SEA)

Katy Perry: 55.852M (16.179M Sales + 19.23M TEA + 20.443M SEA)

Estimated Career Boxscore Data

Lady Gaga: $802M

Justin Bieber: $612M

Katy Perry: $433M

Justin is rumored to be in debt which is why he sold with whatever he can get mentality and has no passion for his music catalog. 

katy doesn’t care about her career and isn’t trying to make a comeback commercially which is why she sold her catalog to the highest better. She settle with just being a celebrity and a Bussiness woman. 

Gaga still does care about being a music artist she just much more passionate about being a successful actress more.

I think Gaga just isn’t interested in being an OG pop girl like she was from 2008-2013.

• Haha 1

• Replies 163.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marry Illusion Glory

• Almodusa

• Artur

• Leptine

Little businessmen need to give it a rest. Gaga is not touching her catalog.

And not every shower thought that comes to your mind needs to be threaded either smh :psyduck:

I had to hide a thread I created about pop girls catalog worth valuations.

Some girls ( OGHs) will never accept that Gaga's catalog is  extremely valuable in the music industry. Some even were saying that Katy is worth more because of her hits lmao. A mess. This site will never give her the flowers she deserves, therefore I had to hide it. Sjshsks

I still belive her catalog is worth more than 500M. 

Yep. 

JhBlZwt.gif

3 hours ago, FameFatale said:

The way Bloody Mary is literally attached to Wednesday now :rip:  my niece was watching youtube and it was playing Bloody Mary with a Wednesday Addams cartoon playing on it :rip: 

We are not ready for the S2 boost, whew.

34 minutes ago, Darkgalord said:

Yep. 

JhBlZwt.gif

and it’ll only get bigger w JFAD

spacer.png

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Darkgalord said:

Some girls ( OGHs) will never accept that Gaga's catalog is  extremely valuable in the music industry. Some even were saying that Katy is worth more because of her hits lmao. A mess. This site will never give her the flowers she deserves, therefore I had to hide it. Sjshsks

Yep. 

JhBlZwt.gif

Shallah alone is worth north of 2B, 1 dollar for every stream

spacer.png

Edited by EnigmaticAndroid

41 minutes ago, Darkgalord said:

Yep. 

JhBlZwt.gif

ATRL won’t give Gaga any credit. It gets ridiculous.

9 minutes ago, EnigmaticAndroid said:

Shallah alone is worth north of 2B, 1 dollar for every stream

spacer.png

Gaga, Mark and the other two writers could live rich life without having to work again thanks to this song alone. 

6 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

ATRL won’t give Gaga any credit. It gets ridiculous.

Exactly. 

I mean her songs get used on talent shows all around the world all the time. 

But it's Atrl, wbk, they do the absolute most to discredit her power. 

JhBlZwt.gif

3 minutes ago, Darkgalord said:

Gaga, Mark and the other two writers could live rich life without having to work again thanks to this song alone. 

Exactly. 

I mean her songs get used on talent shows all around the world all the time. 

But it's Atrl, wbk, they do the absolute most to discredit her power. 

JhBlZwt.gif

Let’s see what hoops they create when JFAD comes out.

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Happylittlepunk said:

If Gaga ever sold her catalog it’s worth at least $500 million. There is no doubt. 

her music can be a stable during Halloween season for commercials, tv shows, movies. It’s edgy enough to appeal to even supernatural type teen dramas, goth kids etc. 

I really don’t understand why her label hasn’t taking advantage of that and make Gaga seem like the queen of Halloween a dark equivalent to Mariah’s Christmas queen title.

Branding is a very tricky thing. It’s honestly incredible that they managed to pull off “wacky pop star who wears meat” to “Hollywood actress jazz singer and power ballad crooner” so successfully. It could be very easy to make Gaga “Queen of Halloween” every year until suddenly she’s *too* synonymous with it and is pigeonholed. 

Even now, Michael Buble and Mariah Carey have little to no commercial relevance outside of December, and their very names evoke the idea of Christmas. 

I like the idea of branding her as the Queen of Halloween someday, but from a marketing perspective I think it’s not the best idea right now personally. Although to your point, it would increase the worth of her catalogue.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

Branding is a very tricky thing. It’s honestly incredible that they managed to pull off “wacky pop star who wears meat” to “Hollywood actress jazz singer and power ballad crooner” so successfully. It could be very easy to make Gaga “Queen of Halloween” every year until suddenly she’s *too* synonymous with it and is pigeonholed. 

Even now, Michael Buble and Mariah Carey have little to no commercial relevance outside of December, and their very names evoke the idea of Christmas. 

I like the idea of branding her as the Queen of Halloween someday, but from a marketing perspective I think it’s not the best idea right now personally. Although to your point, it would increase the worth of her catalogue.

Yeah, one of the aces in Gar's pocket is the brand of versatility she's built up. Aside from the industry and critical respect it gives her, it gives her a ton of room to do whatever she wants and not have it be too unexpected. People are primed to expect the unexpected from her. She could go more conceptual and avant-garde, she could do a genre she's never touched, she could do an album more geared for commercial success, etc. If she continues that branding, I think it'll aid with her longevity as an artist long-term. She probably won't smash every era, but she'll hang around as a successful artist for quite some time. 

Edited by EnigmaticAndroid

she already has JFAD next year that’ll be synonymous w Halloween so only fitting she gets the titular crown 

Gaga having SEVERAL viral tiktoks of her jazz shows meanwhile we in here crying "hAgPoP!!!" every other page :bibliahh:

• Like 2

Her next album needs to be Dark AF. 

I remember she wanted to use the idea/concept of "The decay of the blonde superstar" 

An album era with such concept and dark aesthetic would be amazing. 

2 hours ago, Darkgalord said:

Yep. 

JhBlZwt.gif

They really are in for a rude awakening when JFAD comes. 2024 and 2025 is going to be huge years for Gaga. 

• Like 4

I'm here for one christmas album, little cute side project between main eras

JhBlZwt.gif

Edited by Yelero

8 hours ago, FameFatale said:

The way Bloody Mary is literally attached to Wednesday now :rip:  my niece was watching youtube and it was playing Bloody Mary with a Wednesday Addams cartoon playing on it :rip: 

I was in a Zoom call and was scrolling through TikTok. A TikTok with the song came on, and some straight guy was like, "are you watching a Wednesday video"? :deadbanana: I had to suppress the stan in me so I would not be like, "ACTUALLY, IT IS GAGA YOU *****".

9 hours ago, Happylittlepunk said:

If Gaga ever sold her catalog it’s worth at least $500 million. There is no doubt. 

her music can be a stable during Halloween season for commercials, tv shows, movies. It’s edgy enough to appeal to even supernatural type teen dramas, goth kids etc. 

I really don’t understand why her label hasn’t taking advantage of that and make Gaga seem like the queen of Halloween a dark equivalent to Mariah’s Christmas queen title.

That is not really a thing for Halloween, I do not think. People like movies and costumes for Halloween, not necessarily music. Unlike with Christmas, people are not like, "hey, turn on that Halloween song we love so much". 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, naval23 said:

This moment is sooo cute omg

I don't understand this line - she tried to "catch him slipping" means?

39 minutes ago, Phoenixstar said:

I don't understand this line - she tried to "catch him slipping" means?

Because Stevie Wonder is blind, and there have been some (untrue) conspiracy theories that he's faking it, the joke is that she was trying to test him to see if he was faking being blind or not. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.