Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Lady Gaga

This is part 1 of the Lady Gaga discussion.

Featured Replies

4 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

Like who is playing it this much, this long?? :deadbanana2: I don't think I've ever heard anyone outside of liddo circles mention the song :deadbanana2: I haven't seen GP talk about it. 

DWAS is still massive in Asia and the song is all over tiktok. 

  • Replies 457.3k
  • Views 18.8m
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topics in this Discussion

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

21 minutes ago, kwek_kwek said:

3(-2) DWAS 10,229,546

400k streams from Mariah the Saturday before Christmas :skull: 

In chart related news, the new SZA/Kendrick collab had an underwhelming Spotify debut, so DWAS remains an early favorite for the Hot 100 #1 after Christmas. :gaycat5:

5 minutes ago, BlondUnicorn said:

In chart related news, the new SZA/Kendrick collab had an underwhelming Spotify debut, so DWAS remains an early favorite for the Hot 100 #1 after Christmas. :gaycat5:

NICEEEEEEEEE :ryan3:

Y'all talking about buzz single while disease was actually the buzz single… adding dwas is nothing but lazy way to get numbers. It was cute when it was standalone single, so much diversity from her. Now? What about this album being cohesive? We've heard dits snippet, abracadabra and notorious being. We know of zombified and mustang. We can easily see some clear vision for lg7. But dwas in all of this? 
 

I feel like lg7 was supposed to be very different, very cohesive with one genre. You could tell she was planning to surprise us with „dwas is on lg7" when she said few days ago that there are so many genres on lg7. I bet she rearranged it completely. Watch disease being the most „experimental" song from her new record, if any.

SZA's first full day debut number in US is close to DWAS, it's safe to say it will not be the roadblock to DWAS's #1 in the next tracking week, we are so back girlies:gaycat1:

Interscope better have some coins ready if ABS wants to do their payola again after Christmas. It's plain obvious how quick its number decreases after it got the longest #1 record, giving that fraud Who song realness.

2 minutes ago, Daglazzo said:

Y'all talking about buzz single while disease was actually the buzz single… adding dwas is nothing but lazy way to get numbers. It was cute when it was standalone single, so much diversity from her. Now? What about this album being cohesive? We've heard dits snippet, abracadabra and notorious being. We know of zombified and mustang. We can easily see some clear vision for lg7. But dwas in all of this? 
 

I feel like lg7 was supposed to be very different, very cohesive with one genre. You could tell she was planning to surprise us with „dwas is on lg7" when she said few days ago that there are so many genres on lg7. I bet she rearranged it completely. Watch disease being the most „experimental" song from her new record, if any.

lol at this dramatics, she added DWAS to the record, there is no indication that she removed any song she originally had for this record, everything we have heard so far are in this record until saying otherwise, and we know some of them already are more experimental than Disease like bffr. Also this chaos concept is already in her early talks/posts hinting about the album before DWAS came out, it's nothing new.

The only coherent album she has ever done is Chromatica, and that's the album she has the least creative input.

DWAS would be like Brown Eyes for TF, Speechless for TFM, You&I for BTW etc, these songs didn't make those albums any less perfect, why would DWAS? You can live with it being there. I don't get the drama response tbh.

Edited by GipJo

1 hour ago, GipJo said:

DWAS is not remotely safe in terms of today's music landscape, 

DWAS is safe today, just as it was 10 years ago. It is inoffensive and "palatable." I don't mean this negatively. Every so often, one of these kinds of songs becomes a huge hit, but they all share a similar "tone" and don't push the musical landscape in new directions. That's what I meant by "safe"—safe artistically, not necessarily commercially. DWAS sounds like a Bruno song, because that's exactly what it was (as Gaga herself said), and there's nothing wrong with that. My point, however, was about something else.

8 minutes ago, GipJo said:

lol at this dramatics, she added DWAS to the record, there is no indication that she removed any song she originally had for this record, everything we have heard so far are in this record until saying otherwise, and we know some of them already are more experimental than Disease like bffr. Also this chaos concept is already in her early talks/posts hinting about the album before DWAS came out, it's nothing new.

Did I say that? No. Don't put words into my mouth. I said she most probably rearranged this album, if she really wants dwas to match the concepts the concept must have changed.

1 minute ago, opbranden said:

DWAS is safe today, just as it was 10 years ago. It is inoffensive and "palatable." I don't mean this negatively. Every so often, one of these kinds of songs becomes a huge hit, but they all share a similar "tone" and don't push the musical landscape in new directions. That's what I meant by "safe"—safe artistically, not necessarily commercially. DWAS sounds like a Bruno song, because that's exactly what it was (as Gaga herself said), and there's nothing wrong with that. My point, however, was about something else.

Exactly 

34 minutes ago, FameFatale said:

Like who is playing it this much, this long?? :deadbanana2: I don't think I've ever heard anyone outside of liddo circles mention the song :deadbanana2: I haven't seen GP talk about it. 

Same, but I guess older people don't talk about music that much, they just listen and enjoy

Little Monsters: the only fanbase that hates everything their fav does

2 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

Exactly 

:heart:

 

I don't get why people get defensive about it, there's nothing wrong with that :rip:

3 minutes ago, Mirkomonster said:

Little Monsters: the only fanbase that hates everything their fav does

the only fan base that seems to hate success

any other fan base would be celebrating having a song with dwam's numbers on the album...lms are so stupid lmao

Can some please explain to me why all of the sudden a genre cohesive album is the ideal album? Y'all praise BTW all the time but that's literally a huge mixed bag of sounds and music. How is it hard to imagine Disease and DWAS being on the same album when we have Government Hooker, Fashion of His Love, and Yoü and I on the same album. I just don't understand the argument at all. Not only does an album with 12+ songs that sound the same get tiring (cough Chromatica) it's also very off brand from Gaga and not even a concept she mentioned when ever talking about this album. It's not her fault you decided what this album was before she opened her mouth. 

Edited by TedLasso

18 minutes ago, Daglazzo said:

Did I say that? No. Don't put words into my mouth. I said she most probably rearranged this album, if she really wants dwas to match the concepts the concept must have changed.

Even if she rearranged songs at all, that doesn't make these songs less experimental, like what are you saying? Just because the tracklist order is different the songs themselves would be different somehow? The mostly likely case would be DWAS being inserted between some softer songs on the album or being tacked on the end of the album. I don't think she will remove any song she originally had. Even better, she might add some soft songs she had in her draft in it to fit the album, so we probably could get more songs from her if that's the case. Any way I see it, there is nothing negative about it.

Edited by GipJo

Listen to the album first, then judge. do not let anxiety control ur mind

Some of you seem to intentionally misinterpret what some of us say to create narratives that make you defensive or cupcakey.

 

Let me clarify my position so people don't come at me: I think DWAS is a great song. I'm genuinely happy about its massive success and understand that, despite her initial statement that it wasn't related to LG7, its success likely made it too significant to leave off the album.

 

That said, I'm puzzled by this decision—not because I dislike DWAS or don't want her to succeed, but because LG7 was originally presented as something distinct. Specifically, DWAS wasn't part of the creative process behind LG7. (And that's the root of my perplexities)

 

I'm not against genre diversity or different styles. As @TedLasso pointed out, Born This Way managed to incorporate various influences while remaining somewhat cohesive. My issue is that DWAS began as a Bruno song. He invited her over, and she completed it, making it her own. Meanwhile, LG7's creation was a separate process, which suggests that something may have shifted creatively to make DWAS fit better with the album. (Who knows)

 

And that's it. I will survive DWAS on LG7, and whatever will come out of it. There's no need to be overly dramatic about this. This is just a discussion—it's a pop music forum, after all. Until she announces something new, there isn't much else for us to talk about.  :dies:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.