Beyoncé

Kisuke

1 hour ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

I also just think she wants to give Chloe some room and time to shine at the BETs. I mean Chloe is in desperate need of some real exposure and a moment, lets be real here. Bey performing there would complete take away from everybody there. Thats why I think sending them a teaser might be a great Balance between giving room to Chloe and still focussing on her own rollout.

Imo, the management of Chloe's solo debut is dodgy, the singles roll out strategy (except have mercy) is too botched to be saved.

I really hope the lead comes Friday regardless of Chloe :chick3:

• Replies 111.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

I wouldn’t mind skipping the visual album from the get go since it shortens the era like crazy. Sure I want a video for each song but if it means we get them at a later date, so be it. We really don’t have any successful singles after the initial release. 

Im sure she already has a video concept for every song, and she can just film them later release it at the end all together. A big Renaissance Era box with the álbum, the visuals, the tour and behind the scenes/documentary. All “Acts” together. 

I hope the pop up things in London are true, I’d love to see her do promo there. 

Imagine Flash Mobs again, I remember during the SF and 4 eras there would be tons of videos of people doing them to her songs. Are they still a thing or have they been reduced to everybody dances on their own because of Tik Tok? 

I don't want a visual album tbh, there's no way to make an era last with that. 

If there's a visual component, I would like it to be a short film to introduce, like an appetizer or a lengthy film at the end of the era. 

I am also not sure how the 32 "elements" in the album will work, even if it's an explicit version or a video following the normal version of a song. It just messes the flow of an album ala The Gift original edition. 

4 minutes ago, BnPac said:

If there's a visual component, I would like it to be a short film to introduce, like an appetizer or a lengthy film at the end of the era. 

I am also not sure how the 32 "elements" in the album will work, even if it's an explicit version or a video following the normal version of a song. It just messes the flow of an album ala The Gift original edition. 

I want a visual album but released in chapters throughout the era 

1 minute ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

I want a visual album but released in chapters throughout the era 

Yes, that could also work in keeping the era alive longer. 

49 minutes ago, BnPac said:

I think she was onto something with the Black is King visual album coming at the end of the era, or even the B'Day anthology.

A visual album works for a surprise release because it makes the immediate consumption of the album even more enticing/important, but wrapping up the era with one is a great way to solidify it and add a good push of interest and relevance, especially if the album as a whole is a success. Even The Gift was able to get back into the Top Ten, imagine if there had been natural interest in the visual album simply for the fact that the album was already well known and beloved.

Edited by swissman

7 hours ago, Tripthelight said:

Isn’t Bey supposed to be speaking at some Juneteenth even today?—or was that just a rumor? 

Allegedly, yes.

There are too many featured performers to name, with The Roots, Mary Mary, and Earth, Wind & Fire among the stand-outs. The Hollywood Bowl touts names like Michelle Obama, Beyoncé, Billy Porter, Jemele Hill, Leslie Jones, Robert Glasper, and Rep. Maxine Waters (D-CA) as additional guests that will make appearances either live or pre-recorded. Re-Collective Orchestra will also appear, “marking the first time an all-Black symphony orchestra has performed at Hollywood Bowl,” CNN said in their statement announcing the broadcast.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/this-is-not-a-one-off-cnns-chief-diversity-officer-johnita-due-on-networks-star-studded-juneteenth-concert/

Where are we seeing 32 songs?

I would really be into those 16 extra songs just being like 30-second acapella vocal intros that lead/flow right into the beginning of each actual song...

... I just really want a focus on the voice on this and her mastery of harmonies and background vocal-making.

Do you think she will give a televised interview around the album release?

3 minutes ago, swissman said:

Where are we seeing 32 songs?

I would really be into those 16 extra songs just being like 30-second acapella vocal intros that lead/flow right into the beginning of each actual song...

... I just really want a focus on the voice on this and her mastery of harmonies and background vocal-making.

It was in the album thread, I think that's how it appeared on AM? 

I voiced concerns about that too and someone told it could be explicit version and normal version or one video, one audio. 

I guess we'll find out soon enough. 

To any font nerds out there,

Am I the only one who kinda HATES the presumed font of the era? (the one that was used for the promotional pic and is being used on her site)
It just feels so basic and "robotic", as if it's line of codes, not matching the presumed light-heartedness/upbeat dance sound or the visuals (Vogue) we've gotten so far...

I really hope it's just for the time being and the actual font is way better! Both ST and Lemonade fonts were iconic!

3 minutes ago, BnPac said:

It was in the album thread, I think that's how it appeared on AM? 

I voiced concerns about that too and someone told it could be explicit version and normal version or one video, one audio. 

I guess we'll find out soon enough. 

It's showing as 16 for me! I think for some people it was maybe mistakenly combining explicit and clean versions.

OT: I've just bought pose 1. :duca: The shipping being almost the same price as the boxset had me debating it, but I caved.

6 minutes ago, UThinkUrMovinOnBut said:

Do you think she will give a televised interview around the album release?

Now this would be a shocker…

1-E9-A3829-3-CD4-4694-86-DE-B904-E362-F5

She definitely needs a full/full-ish visual piece IMO. It just works for who she is and where she is. 

I'm loving her re-embrace of traditional promo, but IMO that shouldn't distract us from the reality that she is still a Black woman, anchored mainly in R&B, who is now over 40. Some of the gatekeepers of the industry don't care about the "Beyonce effect" and will receive her based on all those facts unless there's huge unavoidable virality. Unfair but it is what it is.

I say that to say, her doing a way with the all-at-once visuals and dropping them bit by bit puts a lot of pressure on EACH video to deliver views and chart placements. Imagine video #3 somehow getting stuck on 5 million views. Not a good look. 

It's kind of what she did with 4 era and it just felt messy and saw a lot of songs not get their just due in terms of promotion. 

IMO, the "visual albums" serve many important purposes. There's the intense audio-visual stimulation of the new music and songs at the same time (which IMO make them stick more), further make everything Bey does a sit around the TV "event', and really protects her from being measured by the same yardstick as her peers (YouTube views). 

I agree that she needs a fresh angle. IMO that's going the Netflix "series" route. The reality is that it's essentially another visual album, but with clever marketing, it can be packaged as a "musical series". Something I'm actually anticipating given that there is still Act 2 coming. 

Edited by Cbreezy

4 minutes ago, Machete said:

To any font nerds out there,

Am I the only one who kinda HATES the presumed font of the era? (the one that was used for the promotional pic and is being used on her site)
It just feels so basic and "robotic", as if it's line of codes, not matching the presumed light-heartedness/upbeat dance sound or the visuals (Vogue) we've gotten so far...

I really hope it's just for the time being and the actual font is way better! Both ST and Lemonade fonts were iconic!

I don't have strong love or hate for it, but just see it as a reference / nod to the apparently "technological" elements that have been rumoured to be used this era...

Personally, I don't think the font needs to look fun or relate to the sound of the music. It may get cliché or corny that way. It's more matter-of-fact and kind of mysterious. A bit "matrix"-y in that it looks very much like old computer typefaces which may be a reference to the eras she's referencing 70s-90s.

I do like that it's an unexpected font choice. It's more stylized than ST and Lemonade (which both are great typefaces but kinda unrecognizable from the GP's point-of-view).

I want some sort of film/visual album simply because of all the important cultural references in house/disco. I think she would have a lot of fun with the fashion and story telling. I would love to see a nod to ballroom and black, queer culture in general. 

I do think a visual album shortens an era, but on the converse, I don’t see her releasing and promoting several singles anyway. I just can’t see her taking a step back from films, if anything she’d push the envelope even further, including acting and dialogue.

what I’m hoping for is separate videos for each song AND an actual scripted film with hired actors.

Edited by GodSaveTheQueen

5 minutes ago, Devin said:

Now this would be a shocker…

1-E9-A3829-3-CD4-4694-86-DE-B904-E362-F5

We know she is beyond giving ordinary interviews so maybe she can book someone big in the media and have a grand interview like the one of Michael Jackson with Oprah in his private amusement park. Or interviews are not a draw anymore?

8 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

She definitely needs a full/full-ish visual piece IMO. It just works for who she is and where she is. 

I'm loving her re-embrace of traditional promo, but IMO that shouldn't distract us from the reality that she is still a Black woman, anchored mainly in R&B, who is now over 40. Some of the gatekeepers of the industry don't care about the "Beyonce effect" and will receive her based on all those facts unless there's huge unavoidable virality. Unfair but it is what it is.

I say that to say, her doing a way with the all-at-once visuals and dropping them bit by bit puts a lot of pressure on EACH video to deliver views and chart placements. Imagine video #3 somehow getting stuck on 5 million views. Not a good look. 

It's kind of what she did with 4 era and it just felt messy and saw a lot of songs not get their just due in terms of promotion. 

IMO, the "visual albums" serve many important purposes. There's the intense audio-visual stimulation of the new music and songs at the same time (which IMO make them stick more), further make everything Bey does a sit around the TV "event', and really protects her from being measured by the same yardstick as her peers (YouTube views). 

I agree that she needs a fresh angle. IMO that's going the Netflix "series" route. The reality is that it's essentially another visual album, but with clever marketing, it can be packaged as a "musical series". Something I'm actually anticipating given that there is still Act 2 coming. 

You articulated this perfectly.

I want visuals but I don’t want a visual album if that makes sense? :rip:

A small switch up would make things interesting. Like how Cbreezy said if Renaissance was like a limited TV series on Netflix. 

5 minutes ago, UThinkUrMovinOnBut said:

We know she is beyond giving ordinary interviews so maybe she can book someone big in the media and have a grand interview like the one of Michael Jackson with Oprah in his private amusement park. Or interviews are not a draw anymore?

Oprah's interview with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle was HUGE. 17 million people watched it.

I would love for her to sit down with Oprah in a two-hour special; an hour long interview followed by an hour long performance of the new album. I'm just not sure she'll be eager to do interviews, though, after all this time. There's so much ground to cover of a painful period in her life.

17 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

It's showing as 16 for me! I think for some people it was maybe mistakenly combining explicit and clean versions.

Oh, nice to know. Better. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.