Kworb: Me! 150K

iHype.

Reputation really killed some of her power tbh. I don't think it's bad. Might be not enough for #1 debut but we could hope for longevity. 

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Taylor fanboy

• quitedangerous

• iHype.

• wxvii

People blaming the market... sure. But Old Town Road did like 140k sales no? THE Taylor Swift is barely outperforming OTR?

11 hours ago, Wonderland said:

Marsha Blackburn WON

um 

Shania warned Taylor, too.

she still had female artist of the decade on lock so...

Okay, she needs to sage Mariah’s record from being stolen by a meme 

11 hours ago, Taylor fanboy said:

We still here boo? Math is FUN!

um

I thought that HDD updated from 65k first day to 150k first day and I was genually surprised, sorry if you took it as bad

from Kworb, 148k for Taylor and 80k for Lil Nas X.

Position     Days in Sales est. for wk ending
7d 5d 3d 2d 1d now Artist and Title Peak Top 10 Top 100 4/25 5/2 %Chng
      1 1 1 Taylor Swift - ME 1[3] 3 3   148k  
1 1 1 2 2 2 Lil Nas X - Old Town Road 1[21] 24 28 84.2k 79.8k -5%
      5 3 3 P!nk - Love Me Anyway 3 3 3   22.1k  
2 3 2 3 4 4 Blake Shelton - God's Country 2 24 24 21.2k 20.6k -2%
6 5 3 6 6 5 Lady Gaga - Shallow 1[55] 179 186 16.6k 16.5k -0%
7 8 5 7 7 6 Jonas Brothers - Sucker 1[4] 28 31 14.9k 13.9k -6%
31 10 12 4 5 7 P!nk - Walk Me Home 1[1] 15 40 10.9k 13.7k +25%
5 7 4 9 8 8 Post Malone - Wow. 1[1] 76 98 15.7k 13.8k -11%
3 6 7 11 10 9 Post Malone & Swae Lee - Sunflower 1[18] 119 165 16.1k 13.8k -14%
9 11 6 8 9 10 Ava Max - Sweet but Psycho 5 33 105 14.2k 13.3k -6%

12 hours ago, thedastardly said:

People blaming the market... sure. But Old Town Road did like 140k sales no? THE Taylor Swift is barely outperforming OTR?

Depends what you're arguing with that statement. This is an under-performance by her standards (mainly on streaming), but it's not like she released one of the best songs in her career and is still struggling so it's not like she's over either. The reason why she had really first week single sales in 2010-2014 wasn't because more people casually enjoy her music than someone like Rihanna's, but because her fanbase was intensely loyal. Nowadays, those kinds of stans are more likely to show their loyalty with strong Youtube debuts. Everyone knows that the records set during the peak of the digital sales era aren't going to be broken so they don't really bother trying with that. I believe one day the stans will start shifting their focus from Youtube to other streaming platforms but for now Youtube is still important for bragging rights.

As for OTR, it's not like she's struggling to outsell some unknown artist that's at #53 on the Hot 100. OTR may very well become the biggest hit since Despacito and Shape of You. BTW Despacito... another example of a mega-hit by an artist that you wouldn't expect to have one. In fact many other of the decades biggest hits came from others who previously had none like Royals, Call Me Maybe, All About That Bass, Somebody That I Used To Know, Party Rock Anthem. That doesn't mean those aren't huge hits that are difficult to overtake.

Edited by Ash12345

are we talking about America's sweetheart, Taylor Alison Swift?

ÎÏοÏέλεÏμα εικÏÎ½Î±Ï Î³Î¹Î± oh wow gif

oh wow and her streaming is kinda bad too

but she deserved it.......the song is terrible,basic and annoying AF, I cant believe she released THAT as her lead.

Im still excited for the album, I bet there are gonna be so many amazing songs on it

liberalmusiclover

Wow. This is actually TANKING for her standards. I expected at least 200K. Gaga sold 125K off of an Oscars performance. This girl had a media publicized rollout, a midnight simultaneous music video and availability on all streaming platforms premiere, and constant social media promo. 

1 hour ago, liberalmusiclover said:

Wow. This is actually TANKING for her standards. I expected at least 200K. Gaga sold 125K off of an Oscars performance. This girl had a media publicized rollout, a midnight simultaneous music video and availability on all streaming platforms premiere, and constant social media promo. 

So promo? 

How is the Oscar's less than any of that

liberalmusiclover
28 minutes ago, mcohen said:

So promo? 

How is the Oscar's less than any of that

One performance =/= video premiered at midnight, being made into an auto played ad, Facebook profile picture frames, social media spamming before and after the single release, and a BBMA performance this week. 

3 minutes ago, liberalmusiclover said:

One performance =/= video premiered at midnight, being made into an auto played ad, Facebook profile picture frames, social media spamming before and after the single release, and a BBMA performance this week. 

She won an Oscar. This wasn't the BBMA's

Not taking anything from Gaga, I love her and she's amazing but cmon. 

Edited by mcohen

I love her, but I was very underwhelmed with ME! also when I heard it. I like it but she has had SO many better songs and leads that I was a bit disappointed. The music video was also just OK. Taylor listens to her fans and I think she'll slowly ditch this song and move on to something else quickly.

150K first week is pretty impressive in 2019 :clap3:

133K according to HDD. 

I expected around 135K as I mentioned earlier. Porbably could drop below 130K now imo, maybe 125K ish. 

wow ... her CTTR is here :priceless:

All of this is happening because the song is bad and too childish tbh.

But she can release a more mature second single that change everything.

2 hours ago, leo-j said:

133K according to HDD. 

I expected around 135K as I mentioned earlier. Porbably could drop below 130K now imo, maybe 125K ish. 

Those don't include her bundles on her website.

On 4/29/2019 at 8:39 AM, suburbannature said:

Okay, she needs to sage Mariah’s record from being stolen by a meme 

we're gonna need justin bieber and ed sheeran to do that for us :dancehall3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.