ChartMasters CSPC Discussion

Eternium

10 minutes ago, Pol McCutie said:

is that like a lot

tumblr_om8vcruorz1uz0ej9o1_250.gif

More than Madonna and ABBA combined. So yes.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eternium

• Anticipating

• Yog

• slw84

9 minutes ago, Idontcareaboutyou said:

More than Madonna and ABBA combined. So yes.

oh, sounds alright

8 minutes ago, Thickorita said:

The most overrated act in music history

how original, i only read it in every single beatles thread ever

The Beatles have been added. Now we need to see MJ vs. Elvis and the top 5 will be complete!

402m?  :deadbanana2:

Goodluck MJ and Elvis

A truly once in a lifetime phenomenon. Love me some Beatles! 

• 2 weeks later...

This extra push brings Christina Aguilera to 47,2 million equivalent album sales. This is less than half the 97 million managed by Britney Spears, putting them in fairly different leagues even if some chart statistics feed the debate. Norah Jones at 49,4 million or Alicia Keys at 44,4 million are better comparison scales for the former Disney star.

A decent total :clap3:I thought Stripped sold 10 million in pure sales though :deadbanana: Guess not

Edited by Anticipating

Those sales are wrong for the only legend of our generation. They added MLJ in the orphan section but the song's number happens to be way higher. They completely forgot about Mi Reflejo.

1 minute ago, D.M.F said:

Those sales are wrong for the only legend of our generation. They added MLJ in the orphan section but the song's number happens to be way higher. They completely forgot about Mi Reflejo.

http://chartmasters.org/2017/03/cspc-christina-aguilera-popularity-analysis/20/

Mi Reflejo - 1.5 million

Keeps Getting Better: A Decade Of Hits - 1.475 million

:)

2 minutes ago, D.M.F said:

He put MLJ at over 20M in digital single sales (the equivalent of over 2M album sales). It's part of why her Orphan album section is over 7M album equivalents.

The GH get applied to each era based on how much they contributed. They're under "Other Releases" and it's based on the percentage of Spotify plays that originate from each album.

On 2/16/2017 at 0:23 AM, Eternium said:

Aaliyah added.
CSPCAaliyahTotals.png

I never knew she sold over 10M albums :eek:

Where did you get those detailed statistics? 

Edited by Aristotle

41 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

Where did you get those detailed statistics? 

http://chartmasters.org/2017/02/cspc-aaliyah-popularity-analysis/13/

Each page leads up to that chart. Each header on the chart means:

Studio Album - Studio Albums Sold

Other Releases - Includes compilations, remix albums, live albums and music DVDs. If a compilation album spans multiple studio albums, it is split based on the percentage of streams from each album.

Physical - Physical singles sold at a ratio of 3 physical singles to 1 album equivalent.

Digital - Digital singles sold at a ratio of 10 digital singles to 1 album equivalent.

Streaming - The amalgamation of all related tracks from an album taken from Spotify and multiplied through comprehensive streaming (to measure on-demand streams) before being weighted down to 1,500 streams equaling one album equivalent. YouTube is excluded.

19 minutes ago, Shelter said:

Why did they put Stripped so low? It sold more than that.

• America
    • US – 4,600,000
    • Canada – 375,000
    • Argentina – 40,000
    • Brazil – 80,000
    • Mexico – 125,000
  • Asia – 525,000
    • Japan – 225,000
  • Oceania
    • Australia – 325,000
    • New Zealand – 40,000
  • Europe – 3,280,000
    • UK – 1,875,000
    • France – 140,000
    • Germany – 425,000
    • Italy – 65,000
    • Spain – 75,000
    • Sweden – 70,000
    • Netherlands – 125,000
    • Switzerland – 65,000
    • Austria – 45,000
    • Finland – N/A
  • World – 9,550,000

His breakdown looks like this. If you find any wrong numbers, you can comment with a source and he'll update his estimates.

2 hours ago, Eternium said:

OMG, I truly don't want to fuel any flames seeing that this is Britney vs. Christina but Stripped is at 12,157,000 Album Equivalents which is LOWER than Britney (12,446,000) and In The Zone (12,675,000) even if it's by a little :deadbanana: Burlesque (1,730,000) is also lower than Femme Fatale (3,659,000) and Britney Jean (1,155,000) is in fact bigger than Lotus (863,000) and that it was more like her Bionic (1,192,000). I love both ladies at the end of the day (I'm even bopping to Come On Over as I type this) but these statistics really are shocking and not in Xtina's favour sadly for the Fighters. 

Edited by Brinny Baby

Everyone with sense knew Aaliyah's last album didn’t sell 13 million. That number was directly pulled out of thin air to compete with Brandy, Ashanti, Beyonce and Alicia's numbers. 

Glad MJD put Bey's career total in fair perspective. 

On 3/18/2017 at 11:00 PM, robotdanger said:

Where's MJ?

He's doing him soon. Because he's totalled Beyonce with DC numbers, he's likely compiling Jackson 5 + The Jacksons sales to MJ, which takes ages because of how badly Motown allowed their sales to be certified or tracked in the 70s.

This list is incomplete without Michael Jackson

On 3/19/2017 at 0:52 AM, Brinny Baby said:

OMG, I truly don't want to fuel any flames seeing that this is Britney vs. Christina but Stripped is at 12,157,000 Album Equivalents which is LOWER than Britney (12,446,000) and In The Zone (12,675,000) even if it's by a little :deadbanana: Burlesque (1,730,000) is also lower than Femme Fatale (3,659,000) and Britney Jean (1,155,000) is in fact bigger than Lotus (863,000) and that it was more like her Bionic (1,192,000). I love both ladies at the end of the day (I'm even bopping to Come On Over as I type this) but these statistics really are shocking and not in Xtina's favour sadly for the Fighters. 

Her last successful album was in 2006 that is when Hannah Montanna came out. Stripped would've passed Britney and In the Zone if she had longevity.

aaronsmithjune1

MLJ basically being 25% of her career sales :fan: @D.M.F

Edited by aaronsmithjune1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.