Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues

Open vs Closed relationship and why?

Relationship preference 64 members have voted

  1. 1. What do u prefer

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 62
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Genie in a Bottle
    Genie in a Bottle

    Closed like Nicki Minaj's house sale

  • Supernatural94
    Supernatural94

    Open. Human beings are not meant to be monogamous. It's not natural. Our nature is to breed and populate the earth. You can be as delusional as you want thinking your partner will be faithful. They wo

  • an open relationship is not a real relationship.

Closed. I like the idea of commiting to one person and having that intimacy. An open relationship would feel weird to me rip

It depends on the partner. Right now my bf and I are semi-open, meaning we only play with others together. I can't imagine letting him go off and sleep with someone without me.

I hate how judgemental people are in these conversations. Yes it is possible to have a healthy closed relationship where neither party cheats, and it is also possible to have a healthy open relationship where both partners still trust and respect each other. Just because you can only conceptualise one scenario doesn't mean the other is wrong.

47 minutes ago, Faded said:

So if you wanted to have lots of sex with other guys then why get into a marriage so early on??

because I fell in love with him and he fell in love with me...? or is this not why people get married these days? coffee2

I wasn't gonna deny my feelings for him, nor deny my sexual desires, because either way I was gonna feel unhappy, trapped in a monogamous structure that didn't fully reflect who I am, or living with the regret that I might lose him simply because I was too afraid to be honest about my wants and needs

to me, sex and affection are not the same thing. my emotional intimacy, commitment, and love are exclusive to my husband, and casual sex doesn't compete with that (and I'm very explicit about not looking for romance or emotional validation outside my marriage with anyone I hook up with)

our relationship works because it's built on transparency and trust, and the understanding that love doesn't disappear just because desire exists in more than one place

Edited by durrss

2 hours ago, durrss said:

because I fell in love with him and he fell in love with me...? or is this not why people get married these days? coffee2

I wasn't gonna deny my feelings for him, nor deny my sexual desires, because either way I was gonna feel unhappy, trapped in a monogamous structure that didn't fully reflect who I am, or living with the regret that I might lose him simply because I was too afraid to be honest about my wants and needs

to me, sex and affection are not the same thing. my emotional intimacy, commitment, and love are exclusive to my husband, and casual sex doesn't compete with that (and I'm very explicit about not looking for romance or emotional validation outside my marriage with anyone I hook up with)

our relationship works because it's built on transparency and trust, and the understanding that love doesn't disappear just because desire exists in more than one place

idk sounds kinda greedy. I was just wondering why marriage when that's literally the epitome of a monogamous structure ahh if the love was so strong why would you lose him married or not?

  • Author
2 hours ago, durrss said:

because I fell in love with him and he fell in love with me...? or is this not why people get married these days? coffee2

I wasn't gonna deny my feelings for him, nor deny my sexual desires, because either way I was gonna feel unhappy, trapped in a monogamous structure that didn't fully reflect who I am, or living with the regret that I might lose him simply because I was too afraid to be honest about my wants and needs

to me, sex and affection are not the same thing. my emotional intimacy, commitment, and love are exclusive to my husband, and casual sex doesn't compete with that (and I'm very explicit about not looking for romance or emotional validation outside my marriage with anyone I hook up with)

our relationship works because it's built on transparency and trust, and the understanding that love doesn't disappear just because desire exists in more than one place

Would you like to have sex with me?

6 minutes ago, Faded said:

idk sounds kinda greedy. I was just wondering why marriage when that's literally the epitome of a monogamous structure ahh if the love was so strong why would you lose him married or not?

we're not married as in having a marriage certificate, but we live under a condition called "Stable Union" which is a legally recognized form of family formation in Brazil that doesn't depend on signing a paper to be recognized (as long as other people can attest that you're a couple in case of any legal issue)

"For legal purposes, a stable union grants rights similar to those of marriage, including property division, inheritance rights, survivor's pension, inclusion in health plans, and recognition as a dependent in tax filings."


I just thought saying we're married would be easier to understand chick1

Edited by durrss

13 minutes ago, Mythical said:

Would you like to have sex with me?

is that you on your pfp? cause I'm more of "get yourself a fat f***" type of gal

Gc5_0KzaAAAWEAi.jpg

Closed. If you have to step out to me while we're meant to be dating, then we both may as well be single.

  • Author
1 minute ago, durrss said:

is that you on your pfp? cause I'm more of "get yourself a fat f***" type of gal

Gc5_0KzaAAAWEAi.jpg

No but I'm definitely not that either suburban

53 minutes ago, durrss said:

we're not married as in having a marriage certificate, but we live under a condition called "Stable Union" which is a legally recognized form of family formation in Brazil that doesn't depend on signing a paper to be recognized (as long as other people can attest that you're a couple in case of any legal issue)

"For legal purposes, a stable union grants rights similar to those of marriage, including property division, inheritance rights, survivor's pension, inclusion in health plans, and recognition as a dependent in tax filings."


I just thought saying we're married would be easier to understand chick1

Okay queen get your co-living romantic flatmate arrangement serve, maybe I'm projecting, maybe I'm jealous snowman

Edited by Faded

1 hour ago, Mythical said:

Would you like to have sex with me?

Yessss

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.