Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!! 🎧💿

Florence + The Machine - 'Everybody Scream'

Featured Replies

This album is definitely a career high. I love all of her albums but this feels like such a natural progression and high point in her career 

 

Buckle has me in a chokehold :jonny:

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Views 41.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • oh wow im seeing the Ethel Cain inspiration here

  • Verge of Obscene
    Verge of Obscene

    Love Florence, but this isn't demonic enough for me. If the rest of the album is like this I might just stick with Britney.

  • Lightbringer007
    Lightbringer007

    the cover convinced me, and the snippet too!

3 hours ago, ahauntingnearu said:

I was just coming here to praise this one. The acoustic, more folky songs are catching up as some of my favorites, sort of unexpectedly

What do you think of the whole album? I haven't seen you post must since the release and I know you've been a big FtM fan

14 minutes ago, Ichinaru19 said:

What do you think of the whole album? I haven't seen you post must since the release and I know you've been a big FtM fan

I know, idk why I've put off commenting tbh - especially because I really like it. I think it's because I have so many thoughts, specific and/or random, when I listen.. and am daunted by getting them all down lol

 

but to say simply, I am looooving ES! It very well could be my least favorite album of hers - too early to tell? - but I still really enjoy and appreciate it.

 

I'm gonna try getting more elaborate thoughts down, but I'm just always so in awe of what she does.

 

Can't possibly choose a top 3 yet. but I will say I love the title track more and more every time, which is funny because I already really liked it from the first listen. Hasn't aged a day, and is THE perfect opener (just like OIFAN, June, and King were). 

 

Hope you're loving it too :hug:

7 hours ago, Florence Belch said:

 

She dropped a new video/visualizer for Buckle! It's say her most simple one to date:suburban:

I need a proper music video for this song, it's amazing 

17 minutes ago, ahauntingnearu said:

I know, idk why I've put off commenting tbh - especially because I really like it. I think it's because I have so many thoughts, specific and/or random, when I listen.. and am daunted by getting them all down lol

 

but to say simply, I am looooving ES! It very well could be my least favorite album of hers - too early to tell? - but I still really enjoy and appreciate it.

 

I'm gonna try getting more elaborate thoughts down, but I'm just always so in awe of what she does.

 

Can't possibly choose a top 3 yet. but I will say I love the title track more and more every time, which is funny because I already really liked it from the first listen. Hasn't aged a day, and is THE perfect opener (just like OIFAN, June, and King were). 

 

Hope you're loving it too :hug:

I see! The album is definitely heavier on the lyricism, and I've been enjoying the overall production of the songs and their overall format too lol. Like you said there is a lot to digest, that is why I feel like I can consistently revisit the whole album, it's pretty refreshing and not repetitive in the sense of having songs with a more traditional song structure. 

For me right now, this honestly might be my favorite albums of hers. I was blown away when I listened to it in full for the first time at an album release party. The sound system must have been pretty good in there because omfg the production and her voice really popped the heck out. 

And I totally agree about the title track, I digged it in the beginning and I think some people's negative comments in here was clouding my personal opinion a bit, but hearing the song with the rest of the album helps me see that it is great lead, and a unique one at that :alexz: 

 

hope the album grows on you more, and glad to hear you're loving it too :heart:

 

 

Ok the chamber versions though :jonny5: they really add a whole new touch to each song, I love all of them. Florence really ate with this album, she won me back after Dance Fever which was kinda mid for me in how much I enjoyed it lol. Still a good album, but it didn't elicit the overall excitement I have for this album :jonny4:

Just saw a tweet saying The Bomb and Buckle being two depressed sisters :jonny3: Spot on!

30 minutes ago, Ichinaru19 said:

I see! The album is definitely heavier on the lyricism, and I've been enjoying the overall production of the songs and their overall format too lol. Like you said there is a lot to digest, that is why I feel like I can consistently revisit the whole album, it's pretty refreshing and not repetitive in the sense of having songs with a more traditional song structure. 

For me right now, this honestly might be my favorite albums of hers. I was blown away when I listened to it in full for the first time at an album release party. The sound system must have been pretty good in there because omfg the production and her voice really popped the heck out. 

And I totally agree about the title track, I digged it in the beginning and I think some people's negative comments in here was clouding my personal opinion a bit, but hearing the song with the rest of the album helps me see that it is great lead, and a unique one at that :alexz: 

 

hope the album grows on you more, and glad to hear you're loving it too :heart:

 

 

Totally agree with everything here :) 

I think this is going to end up in my top 3 alongside HBHBHB and Ceremonials:jonny: the lyrics are resonating so much

Edited by Before the Dawn

15 hours ago, John Slayne said:

they rate almost all mainstream albums between 5 and 7, it's so tired :suburban:

Because most albums are... average to decent when compared to most other albums. Inherently most are going to fall somewhere in the middle of garbage and masterpiece.

  • ATRL Moderator

After sitting with it, I really do love this release. The lack of immediate connection on some tracks will probably keep the album ranked low overall out of her discography but that’s a testament to how strong her discography is. 
 

However Sympathy Magic just sits with me so strongly. At the moment, that song feeps equivalent with Queen of Peace to me which is my fave track of hers. I didn’t think she would get close to this again but I’m happy to be proven wrong. 
 

Albums

HBHBHB > Lungs > HaH > Ceremonials > ES > DF

 

Top Songs

Sympathy Magic = Queen of Peace > Drumming Song > Big God > Which Witch > Cosmic Love > My Love 

2 hours ago, HonourableVomit said:

the random AAVE in witch dance

??

3 hours ago, HonourableVomit said:

the random AAVE in witch dance

You're gonna have to specify because...?

im finally getting my Chamber Version CD and my Bloodwood Cassette today :duca:

1 hour ago, GiulioLIFESTYLE said:

The vinyl (chamber edition) is finally hereee

I returned mine because the sound quality was a JOKE :chick3:

1 hour ago, GiulioLIFESTYLE said:

The vinyl (chamber edition) is finally hereee

 

32 minutes ago, Vixen Eyes said:

im finally getting my Chamber Version CD and my Bloodwood Cassette today :duca:

Mine is coming in today too <3 I'm contemplating buying the Bluebell edition too :jonny5:

No shade but i don't have it in me to listen to a full album :chick3:

 

Is there a song on it that's like never let me go? 

12 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

No shade but i don't have it in me to listen to a full album :chick3:

 

Is there a song on it that's like never let me go? 

Well get it in you then!

 

(The Old Religion is most Ceremonials for sure)

1 hour ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Well get it in you then!

 

(The Old Religion is most Ceremonials for sure)

Ceremonials is my favorite album from the discography. I guess ill check the album later on but ill try your rec now thanks :heart:

5 hours ago, Ichinaru19 said:

 

Mine is coming in today too <3 I'm contemplating buying the Bluebell edition too :jonny5:

If there's another alt version for vinyl I might get it eventually so I have one variant in a different format.

49 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

Ceremonials is my favorite album from the discography. I guess ill check the album later on but ill try your rec now thanks :heart:

Ok taste :clap3:

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.