Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ATRL

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Login issues
New Music Out Now!!! 🎧💿

Have you ever sent fan mail?

Featured Replies

Have you ever sent a fan letter to an artist by mail (or other methods)? Do you have any stories about your experience or maybe even a response you got back from the artist('s team)? 

 

I have never sent fan mail before, but I have been considering it. :celestial4:

I once dmed Azealia to tell her she was a disgusting person when she made fun of Twig's sexual assault, does that count?

Yes, when I was a kid I use to get autographs from all my faves but I haven't in a long time.

I once DM'd Melissa Barrera a scathing DM after she shaded Neve Campbell. I also sent a poster for Selena Gomez to autograph back when I was 11 or so, only for her to never send it back to me :rip: 

  • Author
4 minutes ago, glitch said:

I once dmed Azealia to tell her she was a disgusting person when she made fun of Twig's sexual assault, does that count?

okay-tiffany-pollard.gif

 

I'm gonna say no unless that was the tipping point for you as a fan, as opposed to her catching strays for her bullshit?

  • Author
4 minutes ago, JustHoran said:

Yes, when I was a kid I use to get autographs from all my faves but I haven't in a long time.

Ahhhh that is so cool! That was something I never realized was possible and it would be electrifying to get something back :jonny: 

 

 

3 minutes ago, YourFavoriteWeapon said:

I once DM'd Melissa Barrera a scathing DM after she shaded Neve Campbell. I also sent a poster for Selena Gomez to autograph back when I was 11 or so, only for her to never send it back to me :rip: 

@Selena Gomez, get this boy his signed poster back pronto!!

 

9f964f7283f95b582bf2d43f76d55465c690c91c

 

9 minutes ago, YourFavoriteWeapon said:

 I also sent a poster for Selena Gomez to autograph back when I was 11 or so, only for her to never send it back to me :rip: 

wow, first kidneys now posters

1 minute ago, May said:

wow, first kidneys now posters

:rip: 

19 minutes ago, glitch said:

I once dmed Azealia to tell her she was a disgusting person when she made fun of Twig's sexual assault, does that count?

yes, and you should continue this :heart:

I once emailed Cupkkake...she never got back to me. 

I once sent a recording artist a letter with the message "you stole A*****'s sound and you're faking songwriting credits". Six days later, I was kidnapped and sent to an Asian country to work as a slave for a denim jeans brand.

Amnesty International, which got Bangkok to Montauk on lock, freed me after seventeen weeks, and after all that, I wrote another letter to that recording artist: "you will never win an Oscar".

 

I'm still living under witness protection.

4 minutes ago, G.U.Y. said:

I once sent a recording artist a letter with the message "you stole A*****'s sound and you're faking songwriting credits". Six days later, I was kidnapped and sent to an Asian country to work as a slave for a denim jeans brand.

Amnesty International, which got Bangkok to Montauk on lock, freed me after seventeen weeks, and after all that, I wrote another letter to that recording artist: "you will never win an Oscar".

 

I'm still living under witness protection.

Is that A**** name Amerie? 

5 minutes ago, BadHabits said:

Is that A**** name Amerie? 

giphy.gif

This is an interesting thread.

I thought of doing it sometimes but I always stop myself because I feel like I'm not that relevant and I'm nobody to these people, why should they stop themselves to read what I have to say? Or to tell them the impact they had on my life as if they cared? :gaycat6: Not judging though, I think fanmail is really sweet but I guess I'm not the kind of fan to get super involved like that. Maybe because I struggle with rejection. :clown:

Edited by ChooseyLover

18 minutes ago, Zeferino said:

Yes

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfxt12WlZv-OAszHISbOz

i wonder if leo ever acknowledged this letter or if the 2 ever ran into each other :bibliahh: 

No, cause I know they don't actually read them and typically have a team of people who send responses (if they reply at all). 
 

I have tweeted @ a few and gotten replies. But don't know if that's the same thing? 
 

When I was a kid you use to be able to send letters to your fave artist and you could get back a signed picture. But never actually did it. 

  • Author
16 minutes ago, Hollywood. said:

No, cause I know they don't actually read them and typically have a team of people who send responses (if they reply at all). 
 

I have tweeted @ a few and gotten replies. But don't know if that's the same thing? 
 

When I was a kid you use to be able to send letters to your fave artist and you could get back a signed picture. But never actually did it. 

I would say a reply/mention on social media counts!

 

But yeah that's my fear: I want to send a heartfelt message of gratitude, but I fear all that will end up happening is some random staff member gets my name and address afgahgsga :skull:

No I'd get too shy I wanted to make Allday a bracelet but then that stalker took my idea when I tweeted about it so never did it.

 

I wouldn't know what to send them if I did though 

 

But I do sometimes message Allday time to time but I tend to never reply back because I never want to seem like an obsessed Stan that people make me out to be

 

However I did get one from Denis Stoff back in the days I sent him a photo of my tattoo and he actually replied and I honestly cried so I guess that sorta was like a fan message moment 

I used to write letters "to Britney Spears" when I was 9 or 10 back in the 90s. I wrote them in German and she magically answered in German.

 

Turns out I got into the German fanclub mailing list and basically got an actual newsLETTER every few months to promote her stuff.

 

It had her heart signature printed onto it. I felt so special back then :jonny2:

 

  • Author

Ahhhh I just did it! :clownny: 

I just put my corny handwritten thank-you card in the mailbox! My hand was so tired from writing it twice (the first try was so bad I shredded it :rip:) that I ended up messing up a word right at the end, but I was able to scribble it out and write it clearly just beneath nnn. I hope that makes it more endearing, but maybe I will end up regretting all of this (Let's hope not :celestial2:)

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.